Suzuki Discussions about Suzuki ATVs.

OZARK 250 INFO

Search this Thread

Old 03-06-2002, 11:04 AM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey everyone! Thanks for reading my post.

First, I have a 82 Suzuki LT125 that was one of the first 1500 made. It has been driven into the ground. Second, I am looking for a NEW Suzuki OZARK and I want to know what the owners have to say. I know they are in dealerships now, but I have yet to speak to anyone with one or who has ridden one. I would especially like to hear from people that have ridden RECON'S on the OZARK. Since both are about the same price, I am torn between them both.

Any help or comments at all are welcome.

By the way, I am 6'5" 250lbs

Thanks

Old 03-06-2002, 11:51 AM
Weekend Warrior

Man, why is a guy that big looking at such a little utility quad. I didn't even consider anything under 350CC and I'm pretty much the same size.

Old 03-06-2002, 01:43 PM
RIP Dear Friend

Blasphemer,
I haven't ridden one but I got close and personal with one outside the dealership two days ago. Suzuki I think will have no problem selling the new OZARK. The salesman said two have been sold and this was the third one they have received.
Seating position is really nice and everything seems to be positioned well to work when needed. I really like the fenders and full floorboard compared to my Recon. The only thing is I wish is that on the front and rear racks is they would have put a few more bars in for support.
Seeing the OZARK close and having had a Recon for almost 3 years now every QZARK sold might have been a Recon sold too. Honda is going to have to get busy on an update for the Recon or lower the price again.
Chet

Old 03-06-2002, 03:18 PM
Weekend Warrior

Man, I need that report RAPTORYFM660r. Thanks for the info. I feel like it may be the one for me over the recon by a nudge. Plus I really like the Suzuki dealer here. nothing but good help and friendly. On the otherhand, The honda dealer is known for their stick it to you stance on everything, and I don't like the fact that they have a bunch of grease monkies for mechanics. The Suzu dealer is SOOOOooo much more professional and CLEAN.

02Eiger, I can answer your question without pause. I subscribe to the K.I.S.S. principle and 250 CC is plenty of engine for me and my buddies. The main reason is that I only have to come up with $3200 rather than the $5000 to $8000 required for a 4x4 big bore machine. I can put a small down payment on it and pay it off in two years without even noticing the money is gone.

I ride a 125cc machine my Dad bought for $1500 NEW since I was 9 years old. I am 29 now and it is just now to the point of no return. It has never even had an engine rebuild, clutches, or a new chain.... although, it does smoke now. I have scores of people that would testify to me and that machines ability to go anywhere any of the other riders go in relative comfort considering it's lack of shocks. Another thing I find invaluable in any atv I get is it's LOW WEIGHT. The bigger bikes are almost always close to 600 pounds or better. I like being able to pick up my atv and move it out of ruts rather than 15 minutes of fighting with a winch and something to hook it to.... not to mention the price of a winch. I got a pair of old chest waiders that are perfect for this, and I never ride without them.

Granted, I look like a circus-bear riding a tricycle, but I just really can't care given the years of wonderful service the little bike has given me. So, in short, Moving UP to a 250 is really twice the bike I need already. I think it will be real gravy to have shocks.... I don't heal as quick as I used to. A LT 125 with 10#'s in the tires, no shocks, and a 100yard washboard at about 25 mph is NOT a good thing on ones tailbone.

Thanks again for any and all feedback.

Old 03-06-2002, 03:55 PM
Pro Rider

02 eiger:

how do you like your 2wd eiger? We are looking at one now, manual. What are the pros and cons?