Suzuki Discussions about Suzuki ATVs.

Where to buy...

Search this Thread

Old 05-13-2002, 05:07 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

your racing gear? I mean, helmets (mx style), gloves, boots, pants, jackets, etc. I know my dealership has the helmets but I don't know what kind he has and how much he wants for them and such. Thanks for the help.

Old 05-13-2002, 10:11 PM

Winnipeg Yamaha! That's where i got my stuff, nice people.

Old 05-14-2002, 10:21 AM
Pro Rider

Is Dennis Kirk's any good? I'm looking at their website right now and the prices seem fair. Any past experience with them guys/gals? Its hard to buy this stuff over the web because things may not fit, but if the price is right I can probably get some stuff on the web.

Old 05-14-2002, 06:15 PM

How far is Gillam from Winnipeg? Where are you getting your Z from? Sargent? Bitchwood? oops! I mean Birchwood... lol, but seriously, both those places seem like they're not that nice of people to me. But Headingly Sports and Winnipeg Yamaha seem real good. If you're near Beaujajour (spelling?) by any chance you could get some stuff from Greg's. I ordered all my piston/rings/circlips/bearings/gaskets/seals from him and his prices were not only the best, but he's pretty competent and he's not an A-hole like the idiots at Birchwood.

Old 05-14-2002, 06:21 PM
Pro Rider

Gillam is about 10 hours north of winnipeg. I bought it in Swan River. It wasn't the best price but its my home town and I thought I should support them a little, they also are shipping it up to Thompson for free. So I just have to go and pick it up from Thompson, a 3 hour drive one way.

Do you live right in Winnipeg? I'm coming down this weekend for some quading with my buddies. Taking the 500i out into the mud. I should have my Z400 next Thursday.

What all did you buy from Winnipeg Yamaha? and at what price? I'm looking for a MX helmet, goggles, gloves and maybe boots. Boots are expensive though. Your the second winnipeg guy I've met on these forums.

I talked on the phone with the people at Sargents and Birchwood, they sounded arogent. I also talked to Luke's Town Service a little north of winnipeg, they had a very good price and sounded nice. I think they are a mom and pop type shop.

Old 05-14-2002, 06:29 PM

Wow. 10 hours! That's a long way from Beaujajour.

No, I don't live right in the peg, I'm just a few minutes outside there by the floodway. (not exactly there, but I could ride my bike there when I get it going)

I bought my Helmet, goggles, swingarm stickers, grips and gloves from Winnipeg Yamaha.

Winnipeg Yamaha want about 300 for fox boots I think.

You're the fourth person I've seen here from Manitoba. I think we've got a great quading-per-capita-ratio here. Specifically a great Suzuki-sportquad-per-capita ratio.

Old 05-14-2002, 06:47 PM
Pro Rider

Whoever I see driving a dirtbike, skido or something of that nature I try to convice them to get a quad. Quading is the way of the future.

Its a really long drive. Gillam is 3 hours past Thompson, all gravel. Right now the road is in OK condition but my truck is going to get muddy this weekend. Right now its snowing here, damn weather. Yesterday it was melting big time and now its snowing.

Its quiting time, talk to ya.