Suzuki Discussions about Suzuki ATVs.

Trade Eiger for New Machine?

Search this Thread

Old 06-03-2002, 11:54 PM
Pro Rider
Sound advice there. "Hey, watch this........"
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Aw but theres nothing like the thrill of 496 cubes

So true, so true. Nothin' quite like the feeling of being thrown back into your seat while the tach and speedo wind up quickly to the right.....almost as fast as the fuel guage swings down to "E".

Actually, the Duramax was not an option for me. It's a wonderful engine and would work for me as well as the 8.1 but I really, really, really hate the smell of diesel fuel. Every time I've fueled a diesel vehicle, the smell followes me around all day long.

Glad you like yours though, I think Chevy got it right this time.

Jaybee

Old 06-04-2002, 01:05 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Gents,
I read some talk about the 2003 models; well they're out. Suzuki will build a manual Vinson for it's 2003 lineup.

I was trying to put the link up here but it sends you to a competitor of ATV Connection. Let's see if this works, go to www. and atv and illustrated. and com.

Mark

Old 06-04-2002, 03:53 AM
Trailblazer

Thank you to everyone who has helped out with all the information. I have brought up the 2003 lineup. I am looking seriously at the Vinson 500 manual, the price is excellent. Suzuki still hasn't shown what their new model or models are going to be yet. I am really considering a manual because of all the rain and water we have around here and that Vinson 500 looks mighty tempting. I will lose a little bit in mpg but I don't think it will be much between the 400 and 500 model. I would like to go with the Vinson 500 auto but we have a lot of deep water here and for some reason I think it will F'up in deep water. All of our water has glacial silt in it, and for those of you who don't know what that is - it's sand thats like baby powder. You take a hard case for a gun, closed up, and that silt finds it's way inside to the gun. If their are any other riders out there with the Vinson Auto - let me hear something GOOD!! My wife is B'ing, she would like me to keep the Eiger and get rid of the KQ, she wants the machine for herself. All input is appreciated. It was $6300 for the auto and $6500 for the manual here in my area. I would like the auto but again I am scared of taking it in deep water - then I will be in deep water!![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-disgusted.gif[/img]

Old 06-04-2002, 09:42 PM
Trailblazer

I just ordered a 2003 5 speed manual vinson yellow but wont be here untill september shi- [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] I got it from Wasilla alaska - valley cc for $6200 out the door. ty for all the help guys. I am keeping my EIGER and trading my KQ in. keeping the EIGER for my wife. It is a nice quad. NO BIT-HES OR COMPLANTS AT ALL WITH IT.

Old 06-05-2002, 10:40 AM
Pro Rider

The Vinson 5sp. sounds like a good idea for Suzuki. I initially wanted a 500 5 sp but didn't like the quadrunner too much. The other manufacturers just don't offer anything I would have in a 5sp with the features I want. Personally, I don't much care for the styling of the Vinson, kinda wild. They copied the Raptors headlights bigtime on a utility no less. But I've not seen it in any color other then yellow so it should be a nice machine. Should have less problems then the auto had in it's first year.

02 Eiger 4x4 /5sp green

Old 06-05-2002, 06:11 PM
Trailblazer

All they did was take the LT_F500 manual and put it in the VINSON and called it new 2003 vinson manual. I didnt want the auto to much water here. It would fu-kup on me. There was $600 diff between the EIGER and the VINSON when I got my EIGER. I went with the EIGER because of the manual and I am glad I did.
They got the bugs worked out now. It comes in 3 colors.I like the way it looks in yellow it does stand out and that what I like.