Suzuki Discussions about Suzuki ATVs.

I Knew It Would Happen

Search this Thread

Old 06-17-2002, 09:53 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The axle on the Z is bent. Man this sucks. The dealer said they would not cover, but I want to call Suzuki and find out what they are willing to do. Has anyone had the same situation with their dealer? Did you call Zuki? What did they say?

Old 06-17-2002, 09:58 AM
Range Rover

I am curious too??
I have not bent one yet, but thought if i did it was no problem to warranty??

Anyone have any info???

BTW, what did you do that bent it?? Jumping?? How high??

LOBE
~~~~~

Old 06-17-2002, 10:13 AM
Pro Rider

it really was not that much. i got about 3 foot of air. the weird thing it that it did not bend at the end of the axle. i think it is bent in the housing. reason-being that the rear brake disc moves horizontally when rotating. the disc then pushes on the brake pad and moves the caliper left to right....where it is bent. it sucks.

Old 06-17-2002, 10:47 AM
Trailblazer

First off, I think Suzuki should replace the axle for you since the Z is sold as a sport quad and jumping is not an unusual activity.

But the way it was explained to me, warranty covers defective parts, not damaged parts unless the damage was caused by a defect.

Unfortunately, the axle didn't bend as a result of a defect, just an improperly specified part - in other words, they should have built the stupid thing to be stronger from the start. But they didn't, and now it's bent.

Try contacting the Zone rep for Suzuki. Lots of times a Zone rep will help you out with a questionable situation under warranty.

Good luck!

Old 06-17-2002, 12:34 PM
Pro Rider

I hope for the sake of all you Suzuki z400 riders, that Suzuki will stand behind thier product better then Yamaha. Yamaha has Rap tranny failures, starters failing, axles bending etc., and will not stand behind any of it! The only thing you can do to keep this from happening is to think long and hard before purchasing another product from companies that don't stand behind it!

I htink the only atv manufacturer that is on the "right track" when it comes to customer service and stands behind thier product proudly is C-Dale. You will see C-Dales business boom in the next few years, due to the intanse commitment to make it right.

When you start to think that C-Dale is too expensive, start adding up all the failed parts that are not covered from our Yamaha's, Honda's, Kawi's and Suzuki's. You will be very disappointed to find out that each of us could have saved alot of money when final total is added up (vs) purchasing a C-Dale.

This is just my opinion and NO, I don't even own a C-Dale, I own a "Craptor". I just have too much invested now to get rid of it.

Swy

Old 06-17-2002, 12:54 PM
Pro Rider

I think mine is bent too then! I need to look. My rear brake squeaks every rotation.

Old 06-17-2002, 01:02 PM
Pro Rider

if i were you, i would get it up on a stand and check it out. the whole damn caliper moves...not a minor bend if you ask me. hopefully your's is not bent.

Trending Topics

Old 06-17-2002, 03:07 PM
Pro Rider

ha ha only took a few months for the compltains to start rollin in.....but maann that sucks bent axles are not good buying a quad it's frist model year is bad news they'll fix it yamaha did well...most of it only took over a year ..that sucks tho all i hear from campies is how hard they test these quads etc etc then they tare up in a week i don't get how they think they can build a cheap sport quad....because they CAN'T!! they know we beat the *&$% out of them thats what a sport quad is for i hope suzuki takes care of u guys tho...ahh think how much fun it would be out rideing your 400ex right now

Old 06-17-2002, 03:10 PM
Pro Rider

It's just a good excuse to put a Lonestar axle in.

Old 06-17-2002, 07:12 PM
GTV
Range Rover

Makes me wonder how the he11 DW ran the Z on a MX track against the Dale and Raptor without jumping it? Aparently they didn't do any real extended jumping cause I haven't heard of anyone saying that they had to replace___# of axles durying the MX test.

They don't want to cover the axle under warrantie yet they show the darn thing jumping out of a friggin copter. What are we suposto do with the Z, ride it around the yard, oh I forgot, aparently I ain't suposto do that either cause I have jumps. My 300ex has taken 8' high up to 40' out numerous times without a single problem(except bottoming), and I don't consider muself a jumper, if I get a new Z and bend the axle after a few days I will be ripped.

As for the Dale, I'd really consider one if it would pull at a low rpm, the guyes on the Dale forum told me that it would not be best suited for my type of rideing, which is "trails". If they made a "trail" quad, I'd buy one.

Aparently from 2yrs of rideing the best I can figure is that for a quad to do well in rough, tight woods we need good low-mid power, and to do well on a MX, it needs good mid to high, swap these two factors around and you will have some unhappy owners. Go agead and laugh at me, if Dale also sold a model that had awesome low to mid power, they would be selling the he11 out of them(and a set of rims that didn't fold from a gravel)!

Who wants to spend 6 grand and in less than a week have to spend 300+ more for an axle just to ride like a white boy! Not a MX racer!

Later.

Quick Reply: I Knew It Would Happen