Suzuki Discussions about Suzuki ATVs.

AC Pro Pegs Blow

Search this Thread

Old 08-17-2002, 09:10 AM
Extreme Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

My brother got the skid for the XR600 about 4 or 5 years ago at DUALSPORT CONNECTION in Glendale. But to be fair. At the same time I bought an AC bike stand the type that lifts by stepping on a lever.I used it recently to lift a 16' tandem axle trailer off the ball of my truck (which required every bit of my 200# weight to lift)and it worked fine.I was impressed.

Old 08-17-2002, 10:31 AM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

glad to see that people are still comming up with new inventive ways to use our lift stands. lol! all i ask of any body is to be fair. i took the time to come by this thread at home after work to see if i could maybe answer some questions or give some help but i am feeling like i stept in a bear trap. i know i cant please every body but i thought i'd try! to your question about how hard it is to bend tubing and ad some tabs...its not really but when you are running prodution mistakes can be made. look at firestone for example. couldnt tell you how times i have had a recall on parts for my bikes or got a part from another company for one of my trucks that i ended up have to modifiy just get it to work right. we are working on making things better at ac. if you saw the ways we did things 10 years ago to the way we do things now, you'd be amazed.

Old 08-17-2002, 06:10 PM
WP
Pro Rider

My bike is torn apart again at Trinity Racing down the street from you and you can see the alignment problems. I cut out the heel guard plates because they did not match up good.

Old 08-17-2002, 09:08 PM
Weekend Warrior

desertratt45---

I've been silently watching this thread over the last few days. While it is great that you are trying to respond from a customer response POV, your company has a serious quality control problem. I would suggest that instead of you providing excuses and reasons, you sit down with your Senior management and insist that a real QC program be put in place. While your company may have a lot of back orders now, the aftermarket parts industry is becoming increasingly competitive and the top companies who provide quality parts and service, w/o excuse will survive and thrive. There are some new up start companies, like pro armor, who have a quality product and stong service....I suggest you bring this matter to your management's immediate attention.

Old 08-17-2002, 11:58 PM
Range Rover

hey desert rat how is the staduim bumper coming someone from acracing.com told me this week

Old 08-18-2002, 12:08 AM
Trailblazer

to open my self up ritaqual but i am the senior shop forman. this why i have taken the time to come here. i do not want sound like a PR guy tring to come up with excuses. we are working hard to better our stuff. as of now we have less than a 2% return on our complete line of products which includes dirt bike, atv and water craft. we are addressing the new companies that are coming into our market. some of them will be real compitition. which is good! what its done for us is kick us in the *** to get it in gear. after almost 16 years in the atv industry i was getting a bit to comfertable. i, personally, am there 12 to 14 hours a day. monday through saturday. getting time off to go to the desert races is getting real hard! monday i will try and get over to trinity and take a look at cory's z and see what went wrong and go from there. i also have another customer bringing his z by so i can double check on things. i am also in the process of bringing in all other models of atv's to check things out and up date all the rest of our propegs to the wider stile foot peg.

Old 08-18-2002, 12:10 AM
Trailblazer

they are on the process of being made. did you place an order?

Old 08-18-2002, 08:40 PM
Weekend Warrior

Desertratt45- I ordered my pro-pegs like a month ago and Im yet to see them. I undestand they are backordered but when i call to check the phone operators refuse to answer my questions saying they cant or whatever. The one time someone did they said they would be shipped out the next day. Well two weeks later and nothing. I can wait for them but would appreciate knowing when I can expect them. I cant wait forever. I ordered them thru my local dealer, Anderson Power Sports and am really getting frustrated. I thought they were worth the wait but after coming on here Im starting to think otherwise. Can you tell me a date or somethin? I am impressed you got on here and replied to peoples comments.

Old 08-18-2002, 10:30 PM
Trailblazer

thank you for letting me know about the idiots up front. it will give me some thing else to bring up to the boss in tomorrows managers meeting. the list is getting real long now! we have recently brought in two new guys to help out to try and strighten out some of the f#&%* ups that the phone guys have made. contact chris or william through the sales link on our web site. hopfully they can help you out. i cant tell you exactlly when yours will be to you but if you ordered them a month ago they should be one of the pairs coming through the shop if they are not allready in shipping. i know there was a batch of them that got shipped on friday as well.

Old 08-18-2002, 10:53 PM
Pro Rider

What about ACs bumpers, any good? I might go with another company after reading through these threads. Thanks.

Quick Reply: AC Pro Pegs Blow