Suzuki Discussions about Suzuki ATVs.

AC Pro Pegs Blow

Search this Thread

Old 11-08-2002, 12:10 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default AC Pro Pegs Blow

i work in the fab industry welding exhaust systems out of stainless steel, i know how hard it is to get tubing bends to align right and STAY aligned after welding, with welding comes shrinkage, usually 1/16 of an inch per weld depending on the heat range. I know i have made systems that were perfectly tacked and fit, then i welded it up, and on double check, it was off. but i make sure it is right BEFORE it goes out the door. reputation is what we thrive on, FAST, while you wait service, beautiful welds, and perfect clearance. sure we mess up from time to time. but our parts made from jigs are **** every time before they go out the door, or we'd be out of business. I commend you for taking all this flack for the poor alignment, and i know how hard it is to get perfect fits. i have used your products for years now, and trust in them and will keep using them, but i had recieved a set of AC nerfs, and had fit problems too, but i was able to anneal them, for proper fit. im just kind of wondering how you guys could miss the alignment problems and ship 100's if not thousands of sets of nerfs out with improper alignment. and not go bankrupt from material, and labor cost to replace/fix

Old 11-08-2002, 12:43 AM
Trailblazer
Default AC Pro Pegs Blow

hey all well add me to the list! i just bought the pro pegs for a friends bday, and i got a bad set also. i got them from atv addiction. to top it all off i think there are parts missing. wtf?
my buddy also wants an ac bumper with the skid but who knows now. anyway guess i'll have to make a trip to ac and hope they take care of the problem!
yannick

Old 11-08-2002, 01:59 AM
WP
Pro Rider
Default AC Pro Pegs Blow

I still have not made it down there to take care of mine because I am always working on the bike or racing, but I can say that I feel they are doing everything in their power to make things right. AC has been in the industry for a long time and has made excellent products for many years. I was angry at the time of the post with all of the problems, but realize that all of this is just one unfortunate incident on their long record of good products. After all, I would not have been able to race my bike so soon without their nerfs, being they are mandatory. I know it does not make up for my poor choice of thread words, but I mentioned that my nerfs were AC and I did not mention to the editor the problems while doing the photo shoot for ATV Rider. It was a three page article in the latest issue and your info was posted for it also.

P.S. I just ordered two number plates through Trinity Racing for my bike from you (please don't thrash them) j/k.

Old 11-08-2002, 01:12 PM
Weekend Warrior
Default AC Pro Pegs Blow

All the AC products at are made in jigs, and they go through a check fixture as well. I know because I built the check fixture.

Old 11-08-2002, 04:57 PM
Pro Rider
Default AC Pro Pegs Blow

I email AC Racing asking if they were going to build pro pegs for the Predator and this is the reply;

"Thank you for your interest in AC Racing Components. We plan on making parts for that bike. We currently do not have a bike in house to work on. If you are in the Southern California area, we would exchange a pair for the use of your bike to make prototypes on. If interested, reply back to this email or call at 714-808-8330 and ask for me.

Christopher Meade"

I have a 400ex with AC Pro-Pegs yes the install was abit off on mounting holes (but I have ordered from many different company's and had problems) but I fixed it myself with no probs. I love AC product's and there tubing is huge compared to other company's which make them that much stronger and better looking. I have no complaints with AC and It's great to see them on here helping everyone out. 2 Thumbs up, I just wish we could change the name of this thread now to something alittle more appealling?

Anyways, about the Predator stuff I hope someone takes advantage of this offer so they can make prototypes and get the jigs made right. We can't expect AC to buy every model and make of bike out there, they need our help also just like any other company. Not riding for a week or so great. Let them borrow your bike to build products and don't call everyday asking if there done yet

Hey, maybe you could get the whole works for a major discount? skids, bumper, grab bar? It's worth a try.

I would but seeing as I have a Troy Lee ordered and I live in Eastern, Canada it's a wee bit far for me.

AC I support you 100% and if I ever visit California I'm coming to visit.

Old 11-15-2002, 05:32 PM
Pro Rider
Default AC Pro Pegs Blow

i have some ac nerfs there not the newer style cause you can't get them for that blaster
they went on ok. It didn't seem to line up straight but once we got straigtened after we tightened everything up
the blaster looks kinda kewl with the nerfs just thought i say my 2 cents about ac

Old 11-15-2002, 07:18 PM
Elite Pro Rider
Default AC Pro Pegs Blow

As posted earlier....this is one long thread. Good info though.

Old 11-15-2002, 09:48 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Default AC Pro Pegs Blow

Gary, you a country fan.

You never even called me by my name......