Suzuki Discussions about Suzuki ATVs.

AC Pro Pegs Blow

Search this Thread

Old 10-04-2002, 09:26 AM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I finally had a chance to ride my quad since putting the AC pro-pegs on. I must say that they are a great nerf. I looked at others like DG and the factory Suzuki nerfs and the AC's are much better.

However. The foot guard is very awkward, if not dangerous. I cant get the heel of my riding boot between the ped and the back of the guard. Is there a fix?

Thanks for an otherwise excellent product!

Old 10-04-2002, 09:59 AM
Trailblazer

i all ready redesigned the heel kick to give you more room what you can do with the pair you have is to cut along the the tube with a hac saw from the u that goes around the nerf to the top where the bend starts. this will give you some bending room or you can just return the heel kick to us and will send out a new set.

Old 10-04-2002, 04:14 PM
Weekend Warrior

check the AC website the address is there.

2273 E. Via Burton St.
Anaheim,CA 92806

Old 10-07-2002, 05:38 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

Just thought I would share my info. I bought a pair of Pro Pegs for my Raptor. The fit was not perfect but I don't think you could get much better. Nothing had to be bent or twisted or anything. The directions did suck. I rode on them a few times and they worked great.
On the other hand I ordered a mud screen bumper and it was more difficult to install than a big block in a Yugo. Nothing lined up right.
I like the quality of the nerfs over the others. I just don't believe u-bolts should be a part of a quads body work, like some of the others.
It is nice to see the manufactures on here trying to correct what is wrong and taking info about what could be better. It would be nice to see more of them more often. KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK.

Old 10-07-2002, 01:59 PM
Weekend Warrior

What was bad about the fit, and how bad were the instructions, what needed to be changed?

Old 10-08-2002, 05:15 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

I actualy had to bolt the bumper on the bottom left side, looking at it, use a 15 inch cresent on the top of the other side and pry it open to make it fit around the frame. Then the bolt holes didn't exactly line up. It took alot of kicking, stoomping, and beating to get the bolts to thread in right. Picture the bumper being squished together and twisted, you couldn't "see" it visually but when you tried to put it on you noticed it.

The instructions looked as if they were copied on a cheap copy machine. There was also nothing telling me how to thread the nets. I still don't know if they were right. Seems like there was something else about them but I can't remember what it was. Good, clear pictures would be the best improvement. I don't mean fancy color pictures, just something to actually show you whats going on.

Thanks for taking the time to be concerned! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 10-08-2002, 10:35 AM
Trailblazer

I just recently put on an AC Swingarm Skid. It went on perfectly. One thing, though: Only one of the washers had enough clearance to fit. I would say either give smaller washers or save the money and don't even put them in. The bolts had large enough heads on them.

Old 10-08-2002, 01:44 PM
Weekend Warrior

I checked on the instructions I can barely read them, and I have a orginal. They also seem to be a bit out of date as far as some of the newer ones, they should have had the diagram of the net installation. Hopefully we will get that done before the next run of pro pegs.

The only thing I can say about the bumper is it was the cooling down smooshed it. They go through 2 fixtures, one for welding, and a check fixture. Sorry for it being a pain.

I'll talk to designer about if we can put flange bolts, and flange nuts instead of washers.

Old 10-08-2002, 02:17 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

Desertratt45 and Desertwanderer once again thanks for the time!!It is people like the two of you that help to make the sport GREAT! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-cool.gif[/img]

Old 10-08-2002, 11:09 PM
Trailblazer
Default AC Pro Pegs Blow

we do what we can to make people happy[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Quick Reply: AC Pro Pegs Blow