Suzuki Discussions about Suzuki ATVs.

DirtWheels Shootout - Z400 vs Raptor

Search this Thread

Old 08-19-2002, 01:01 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Stock 4 Stock your cannondale won't CRUSH anything!!!! When modded...... I'm sure you know the drill!!!

Old 08-19-2002, 01:14 PM
Pro Rider

<< So when you learn to ride, what are you going to do, with your beginers quad.

Smitty
>>

I'm sure everyone agrees with &quot;Dale~heads&quot; that the class of quads that Zs, Raptors and EXs are in are just beginner quads. I'm Just using Smitty911's quote, that's all.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img] I guess I need to go back to my ATC90 and start all over again.

BTW how's the repair bills stacking up? Peace out! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 08-19-2002, 01:18 PM
Pro Rider

newZman- You mean cracked engines are expensive?!?![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 08-19-2002, 01:21 PM
Pro Rider

<< newZman- You mean cracked engines are expensive?!?![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] >>

ah! a sense of humor. Yes, I believe cracked engines will run you at least a couple of bucks. But who cares anyhow, after all you have the most expensive quad money can buy, right?

With us, this won't be a problem, since we ride beginner quads they will never be riden hard enough to crack the engine. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 08-19-2002, 01:45 PM
Pro Rider

Yeah, but atleast they're getting new engines out of the deal.....soooo what's your point? And it's a &quot;freak&quot; incedent. And repair expensives???? Hmmmm, I don't have any yet...and I ride my machine pretty hard.

I do like your use of &quot;blocked&quot; statements though....very nice. It does get the hair on the back of my neck to rise!

[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Have fun on your &quot;beginner quad&quot; Peace out! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img]

Old 08-19-2002, 01:49 PM
Pro Rider

Cracked engine, I've only read a post, no proof yet. Bent axles, seams to be a few of them around, one of the Z owners wanted to start a recall.

Money spent on repairs to date.

$2.49 picked up a nail in the right rear tire.

NewZman,

I don't believe everything in the magizines. They said the Z wins for the less experanced riders and the better riders did better on the Dale. That is the point they made, the coralation is the z is the better quad for beginners. That's Dirt Wheels not me. I haven't ridden one yet, but WP's should be back running soon, so maybe He'll let me try it.

Everyone likes the quad they bought for a reason, I will grow into mine, I out grew my 400EX, the same could be said for the Z.

If your from Missouri isn't that the &quot;Show Me State&quot; so show me how the Z is better? Not trying to **** you off but I don't see the big deal about the Z.

Smitty

Old 08-19-2002, 01:59 PM
Range Rover

Dirtwheels also had an article on adding a Yoshi pipe to the Z which only gave it about 2 extra horse and thats with no end cap, no lid airbox, and bigger jets. That puts it at about 30 hp. Everyone knows a Raptor w/pipe, K&amp;N, jetted is close to 50 hp. Price wise, if your already paying 5 or 6,000 on a quad, whats a little more $$$ for alot more power.

Old 08-19-2002, 02:12 PM
Pro Rider

I'll have what KJ is having! Make it a double too! Please someone save this guy from the rath thats about to come.....

Old 08-19-2002, 02:26 PM
Pro Rider

KJ,

I think you may have your numbers crossed Noone is getting anywhere close to 50HP with a pipe and jet kit. Read some of the post in the Yamaha forum about getting HP. Highly modded raptors less than 60.

Smitty

Old 08-19-2002, 02:53 PM
Range Rover

Can't we all just get along???? Anyway, I still can't believe this. Haven't we all grown up from the playground? The Z is a good quad, the Raptor is a good quad, and the C-Dale is a good quad. All have their plusses and minuses. Let it go. I do have one thing to add to this. I am tired of people saying the dale is too much to handle on the trails. It rides fine on the trails and has the suspension to handle it well. Yes there is a learning curve, but it is a fast one at that. Most of these race only statements come from guys who have never ridden one. Also the cost issue, please. I bought the Dale for $6200 otd and the z for $5,500 out the door. I know I paid too much for the Z. I got the first one on the floor. $700 for fuel injection and OHLINS all the way around. Just ride and enjoy it. As far as customer service goes no one comes close to Cannondale. They have fixed things that weren't defects and also joined in on discussions on this site. No other company does that.

Quick Reply: DirtWheels Shootout - Z400 vs Raptor