Suzuki Discussions about Suzuki ATVs.

new suzuki sportquad

Search this Thread

Old 09-03-2002, 07:32 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I was at the pits yesterday shooting the sh-t with the guys when a couple of guys on vinsons pull up and starts commenting on my zilla. (Thinking to myself that a lot of people around here have never even seen a zilla) I tell him that this zilla was 15yrs old. He assured me that he knew perfectly what a zilla was, because he is the head sales rep. for approx. 50 suzuki dealerships here in Ontario and has been for 18yrs. He goes on a bit about the condition of my zilla, that he had never seen one in such good shape, and so on...and so on!! Then we start talking about banshees and especially the new polaris predator to come out soon. He then tells me that suzuki is coming out with a big bore sportquad of there own. Being a suzuki fan myself I was excited and started asking him questions about this supposed sportquad. But he just sat there with a little smerk on his lips and shrugging his shoulders. I asked this very vocal man (who is now mute) if there was anything that he could tell me...smerk on his face and shrugging his shoulders. He did say it was to compete with the other big sportquads and to watch for it in the spring. I don't know if this guy was bullsh-ting me or what but he did seem very knowledgeable on suzuki products. I don't doubt that he was who he sayed he was but I don't know how much truth there was in what he told me! I guess time will tell. Maybe some of you guys have heard things about this to.

Old 09-04-2002, 11:50 AM
Pro Rider

What's the point in going big bore when you can milk 50 hp out of the Z400 engine???

Old 09-04-2002, 12:06 PM
Pro Rider

Because you can get 50-60 out of a big bore with fewer mods...

The more the merrier I say.

MX

Old 09-04-2002, 07:37 PM
Pro Rider

Gt thunder! 46 HP with cam, exhaust, new carb, and thats it....[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 09-04-2002, 09:16 PM
Pro Rider

TrexxRaptor,

How much did you spend for that cam, exhaust, carb, and filter (I'm assuming aftermarket filter...)??? With an exhaust I am at close to 50hp with my Rappy... I just wondered how much you dumped into your Z to get comparable power, that's all.

Is this the same rumor as the 800 Dunesport? (I made that name up [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] )

Old 09-04-2002, 09:28 PM
Pro Rider

50 with only a pipe? Do you have any dyno sheets that support this? I was of the understanding that the Raptor put out 35 stock so, a 15 HP gain with only a pipe is pretty amazing(30% gain).

MX

Old 09-04-2002, 09:34 PM
Pro Rider

At the risk of being harrassed by velocityraptor and Zombie660R (hey guys, what's up... [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img] ), here is the link...

Dyno run

The Raptor is extremely restricted in stock form, just throwing on a slip-on and rejetting will usually get you into the low-40s.

Trending Topics

Old 09-04-2002, 09:52 PM
Pro Rider

Hmmm....WP discovered some weird dyno readings for the CT pipe on the Z, it made it show more HP than it really was, I think. This might be the same way but even if they are fudged a little bit they are still awesome gains!! I wonder how much that all costs? I would guess around $700.

I don't know the cost of the Z parts at 46 hp but it might be around $1000.

Does a spark arrestor help make more power?

Old 09-04-2002, 09:53 PM
Pro Rider

That is impressive. I think the Raptor will always have a 5-10hp advantage over a Z or a 400EX dollar for dollar. The c'dale OTOH seems to be an exception. They are very well-engineered to squeeze out ponies from little displacement.

Old 09-04-2002, 10:40 PM
Pro Rider

In the new ATV Sport mag.(October) CT had taken a Z and modded it up to 46hp. However, it took a 453cc kit to do so. They did state that the dyno showed an 8hp increase with just the CT pipe. They stated the pipe and 41mm Keihin carb. gives 12hp over stock. The 46hp came in after the 453cc complete kit was installed, including the head being ported. It stated that the kit was $1895!!! They spent over $5700 in add ons for the macine, including the 453cc kit. A-arms, shocks, bars, wheels, tires, brake rotors, ect., ect. You Z guys should check it out, if you haven't already done so, and see what you think. Seems pretty pricey to me, but they added that it's putting out 12hp over a stock Raptor. That's over an $11,000 quad!

Speaking of 800cc quads, though, in the same mag. There is an 800cc Praire that FST did. Claimed it pulled an entire utility modified class up a ski slope by 30 yards!! 800cc was achieved w/o stroking as well, only boring. WOW!

Quick Reply: new suzuki sportquad