Suzuki Discussions about Suzuki ATVs.

hair dryer turbo??

Search this Thread

Old 10-05-2002, 01:48 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Killer, I just saw the pics of your kx500 tecate and all i can say is WOW! How doe it ride? Can anything touch you?

Old 10-05-2002, 04:21 PM
Range Rover

im sooooooooo insulted its not like i dont get called scronny everyday it really doesnt bother me at all and it amazes me to see how many posts i can get of people just makin fun of me im quite pleased with myself [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 10-06-2002, 12:31 AM
Pro Rider

Other uses for hair dryers on trails... first if you get water in the air box, well of course that will dry it.... If your friend splash you and you get your hair wet well there's an other reason. If it rains.... Well if you have 30 or40 hair dryers you propably wouldn't get as wet... I think if you use it on flies you will cook the bastards... And last but not least you can use the usefull device to dry your tears when I still leave you in my dust from my P650. I think I'm going to put my solar powered hair dryer in my first aid kit. My real question is what would you turn on first the ATV or the hair dryer?

Old 10-06-2002, 03:10 AM
Pro Rider

hey guys,,,stupid ideas put us on the moon!

try it kids...and let us know how it works out! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 10-06-2002, 04:01 AM
Pro Rider
It's official, I've been duning for over 30 years.

Nostradamus2001, There once was a product called the strato-charger supercharger made strictly for the honda 250r using an astroflight rc motor and rewinding the stator to spool up the electic motor in sync with the engine.
I have a copy of the article in a late 1990s Sand Sports magazine. There are carb and fuel flow mods involved and it was supposed to make a stock 250R equal to a 330 kit.
When I bought my quad I looked them up and they are out of business.
Easier gains for your lt250 are a pipe and porting but if one was to try to build an electric supercharger I would suggest using a nicad batt pack for short high amp blasts to a high quality high power RC motor. I'd go with a vacuum cleaner impeller and housing maybe an aluminum one off an old kirby. For a test rig a switch so it only comes on at wide open throttle. Also up your main jet a couple of sizes.
Oh and some of us scrawny guys are 6'4"~240# now.

Old 10-06-2002, 10:30 AM
Range Rover

see there are some cool people thanks for the tips

Old 10-06-2002, 10:48 AM
Pro Rider

we're on the moon???? How come nobody told me? I can't believe we're on the moon!

Old 10-06-2002, 10:52 AM
Pro Rider

hey nostrildamus,
in case you didn't get it, I was joking with you about being scrawny, because you said you lied about being fat! I was a little scrawny kid in school too, now I'm 6' 220#, so I've experienced both sides of the coin. I wouldn't rag on somebody for being skinny any more than I would for someone being fat. It was a joke, lighten up.

Old 10-06-2002, 11:00 AM
Pro Rider

killerkx,
I also checked out your pics-pretty awesome. Did you do that yourself? was it real difficult or did it go together pretty well? That thing must ROCK!
I ran into a guy out on the trail one time that had an old quadrunner lengthened way out with a Honda 750 four street bike motor in it. It was the strangest sounding thing, with the dual factory street bike pipes on it. Not the best idea, because it took way too long to get moving and no one needs a quad that goes 150 mph (well, someone probably will say they do) I imagine the weight would be an issue too. But it was cool that he not only thought it up, he made it work.

Old 10-06-2002, 11:46 AM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

trx250Rob and northstar
hey glad you like the tecate cause i love this damn thing.
yes i built it all completely myself.the suspension and chassis work was fairly straight forward but the motor on the other hand has quite abit of work done to it.it has a 525cc bigbore kit,the entire rotating assembly has all been completely balanced,it has a PVL ignition system.it's 89 hp on the engine dyno ,so i figure between 75-80 hp to the ground.
and the motor is surprisingly smooth under a load,and accelerates so damn hard that i have a hard time controlling it.
i have not run a across any trail quads that could touch it,and at the 3 grass drag events i've had it to it couldn't be touched.the thing is in animal.i don't think there is to many machines out there that could beat it.although i'm not talking about the single soul purpose drag machines.i'm talking about a machine that can run longer then 300 feet and hit a jump andand runs on pump gas..
well i'm glad you guys like it thanks.

Quick Reply: hair dryer turbo??