Suzuki Discussions about Suzuki ATVs.

hair dryer turbo??

Search this Thread

Old 10-05-2002, 09:34 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

okay, here's my 2 cents, give or take.
No shame in trying or asking, so don't be mean to the kid. Razur is right, electric fan is turning at one speed, so even if it was forcing in more cfm than the intake was pulling (vacuum) it needs to modulate with engine speed. That is why real superchargers are belt driven off the engine. Which reminds me, what our boy proposed is in no way a turbo, it is a supercharger. What I didn't understand was, are you talking about pressurizing the air intake at the carb, after the filter, or just simply pressurizing the whole air box. Also, try to keep up with the fuel/air mixture, too many variables there. If you could get the blower to push faster than the motor sucks, now you have no vacuum, carb probably won't like it, and you will need to increase fuel pressure a great deal. If you do all these things, you will have created the first supercharged atv, you will see at least a 25 to 40% increase in horsepower, and your engine will explode from the increased cylinder pressure.
I would like to sincerely thank you all for 35 minutes of wonderful entertainment!

Old 10-05-2002, 09:38 AM
Pro Rider

Hey will a bilge pump work on my 700? I don't know where my bilge is, but I would like to be able to pump out my airbox when I swamp it. Hey, a pressurized airbox should keep water out, right?

Old 10-05-2002, 09:38 AM
Pro Rider

I've no idea what some on this thread are on, but they should know the BATF and DEA both frown on it worse when you try to sell it to others.

If a $6 hair dryer works I'm going to press charges against Air Research Labs for all those 4 to $600 fans I bought in the past.

Please keep it going. I havn't laughed this hard in years.

Old 10-05-2002, 10:45 AM
Range Rover

ok heres the truth im only 12 yrs old and i am 220 pounds and everytime i walk into to scholl kids yell godzilla and hope to the other side of the hall way and start laughing at me and now i come in here and try to post wat i thought was a good idea and i just get made fun of gee guys thanx alot

Old 10-05-2002, 11:20 AM
Pro Rider

it was a good idea! I've often thought about trying to make some sort of a pump to provide more air to a car engine, without going the whole expensive supercharger route. The only thing that stopped me was not being able to figure out the flow of any given pump compared to actual air intake flow...
Don't stop trying, it's unfortuante that everyone came down on you so hard.If it wasn't for people racking their brains for ways to build power, we'd still be driving model As (except for me, I'd rather walk than drive a Ford)

Old 10-05-2002, 12:02 PM
Range Rover

nah im only kiddin i only weigh 125 and im 14 but it does kinda suck that theses dudes are so cruel but hey at least some of u are cool

Old 10-05-2002, 12:07 PM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

<< it was a good idea! I've often thought about trying to make some sort of a pump to provide more air to a car engine, without going the whole expensive supercharger route. The only thing that stopped me was not being able to figure out the flow of any given pump compared to actual air intake flow...
Don't stop trying, it's unfortuante that everyone came down on you so hard.If it wasn't for people racking their brains for ways to build power, we'd still be driving model As (except for me, I'd rather walk than drive a Ford)
>>

and with all those chevies you own i bet you do alot of walking.

and i will also add that this very setup has been tried numerous times with hairdriers and leaf blowers and such.
i actually went to the dragstrip and seen a guy with a leaf blower in his engine compartment mounted up to the intake hose and the whole works plugged into the inverter.very silly looking contraption,that of course did not work.
but keep trying guys some one might make it possible to gain a few ponies with a contraption like this.

Old 10-05-2002, 12:17 PM
Pro Rider

left myself wide open there, didn't I? Good one.

Old 10-05-2002, 12:20 PM
Pro Rider

125 lbs at 14? You are one scrawny little runt. I felt bad for you when I thought you were a porker, but now I don't. Go eat something before someone beats you up.
2 can play at this game.

Old 10-05-2002, 01:11 PM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

<< left myself wide open there, didn't I? Good one. >>

it's all fun and games?lol[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Quick Reply: hair dryer turbo??