Suzuki Discussions about Suzuki ATVs.

Suzuki just freinds with kawi for profit?

Search this Thread

Old 10-29-2002, 12:46 AM
RIP Dear Friend
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Suzuki just freinds with kawi for profit?

Luecker,

That 5.0 was extra tight[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] fit too, in the First Generation Explorer, when it was originally designed around a V6.

Chet

Old 10-29-2002, 01:47 AM
Range Rover

actually the new ford superduty uses a tranny developed specifically for ford in the new diesels called the powertorq transmission (it could be manufactured by allison like GM's. It isn't a GM tranny it is an Allison tranny.) Also the mustang cobra uses a tremec six-speed, it is the same tranny that the corvette uses but it isn't a GM product, it is made by tremec.

Old 10-29-2002, 05:57 PM
Range Rover

GM owns a small part of Suzuki, I don't know if it just deals with cars or suzuki on the whole. In fact a Chevy Tracker is just a Suzuki Grand Vitara. As for the Allison Trans used in the Chevy Silverado HD. Allison is a divison of GM, there for GM owns Allison and build Allison Transmissions. Also GM, owns Hummer.

Old 11-09-2002, 09:24 PM
Weekend Warrior

This is not about cars, everyone keeps bringing in Ford And GMC and everyone else. Truth is GM is OR will eventually buy Suzuki completely. Kawasaki needs someone to help them since they are struggling in sales. This benefits Kawasaki the most. Pretty soon Team Green will no more. Rather it will be a yellowish-green. Thats funny actually, Team Lime Green, or Team Puke Green or, I'm sorry I'll stop now. LOL.

Old 11-09-2002, 09:38 PM
Weekend Warrior

ford and chevy are working togehter on a 6spd auto transaxle for use in small front wheel drive cars though.
also the newer jaguars do not use a ford 5.0, sadly the 5.0 is no longer even produced. the jags use a 4.0 dohc 32 valve engine that was designed in conjuction with ford the lincoln ls uses this same motor(yes ford owns them along with aston martin) the jag and aston v-12 is actually two ford duratec 3.0 dohc v-6's that have been cast together.
zukiscott:
Someone needs to slap you back to the real world. Ford and Chevy would never EVER work together. Next thing, the 5.0 IS still produced, and used in the Australian TS-650. You can also buy it from Ford Racing and mount it onto any Mustang. Next thing, what Jaguar are you talking about, if its the XKR or any other the smallest engine is a 4.2. The Jaguar and Aston-Martin V-12's are not two Ford Duratecs cast together. ARE YOU INSANE? Each engine was designed by their respective company. You need to go back to school. I mean seriously. And another thing the trannsmission used in the new super-duty is designed by International Diesel Corp. to go along with the engine they designed especially for Ford. The trannsmissions name is Torq-Shift. Please poeple get your acts together.

Old 11-11-2002, 03:08 AM
Pro Rider

Someone needs to slap you back to the real world
whatever toughguy[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-disgusted.gif[/img]

Ford and Chevy would never EVER work together.
oh really, check out the ford website b1tch, they just had a press release in which they publically stated that they were working in conjunction with gm in the design of a 6speed auto-tranny for small front wheel drive platforms. the big 3 usually don't work together/share parts, but it has happened in the past; dodge/amc using the gm turbo400 in the late 70's early 80's in certain trucks. gm using the quadratrac transfer case/awd system of dodge/amc in certain auto-tranny trucks durign this same time period.

Next thing, the 5.0 IS still produced, and used in the Australian TS-650
last time i checked we were living in the US

You can also buy it from Ford Racing and mount it onto any Mustang
no ****, but you can't buy a production 5.0 vehicle from ford anymore in america. also, you can't just bolt the 5.0 into any mustang, in order to put in into a 96-current model year it requires the use of a 94-95 front k-member along with other misselanous fuel and ignition parts.
Next thing, what Jaguar are you talking about, if its the XKR or any other the smallest engine is a 4.2.
the jag s-type uses the same 4.0 as the as the lincoln ls, it can even be bought with the v-6. the jag x-type uses the contour platform and a duratec dohc 3.0 v-6. your right about this years xkr, it is available with a 4.2, still the same block and heads as the 4.0 though, but the regular xk comes with the same 4.0 as the s-type, by the way, this is all from www.jaguar.com.
The Jaguar and Aston-Martin V-12's are not two Ford Duratecs cast together. ARE YOU INSANE? Each engine was designed by their respective company
actually your wrong again, what a surprise, jag and aston use the same v-12, it is a 6 liter dohc that is composed of 2 duratec v-6's. go look at fords website and you will see the old gt90 concept car there, this was the first car that motor was placed in, it was then adopted by both jag and aston, look up the specs for the motors at both websites, they are the same motor.
You need to go back to school. I mean seriously.
been there, done that
Please poeple get your acts together.
please b/tch, shut the fvck up and leave this board

Old 11-12-2002, 12:05 AM
Weekend Warrior

<FONT face=Verdana size=1><STRONG>zukiscott:
</STRONG>PLEASE DON'T MAKE ME GO ALL THE WAY TO NEW YORK JUST TO PROVE WHAT I SAID. Aston Martin has designed their V-12 and so has Jaguar. Its not two engines cast together dumb ****. And uhh, you're pretty stupid because there is now such info about GM and Ford working together.<STRONG> </STRONG>I doubt anyone would want a six-speed on a compact anyway. All right, well that's all I wanted to say.</FONT>

Old 11-12-2002, 01:24 AM
Range Rover

I have to say the zukiscott is right on every point he has made. the aston v12 was not developed by aston, it is two duratecs welded together.

Old 11-12-2002, 03:26 PM
Pro Rider

I have to say the zukiscott is right on every point he has made. the aston v12 was not developed by aston, it is two duratecs welded together.
thank you[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img], lol, its hard to believe that an engine that awesome was derived from a family car motor.

Old 11-13-2002, 04:58 PM
Weekend Warrior

prove it that the aston martin V-12 is made from casting two duratecs together. I can prove it's not. Go here and read the info. True it might have some stuff in common with the V-12 of the Indigo concept, which wasd based on the two Duratecs, but the Astom Martin is not affiliated with the Duratec at all.Read This[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Quick Reply: Suzuki just freinds with kawi for profit?