Suzuki Discussions about Suzuki ATVs.

'03 Eiger or '02 Kodiak?

Search this Thread

Old 12-10-2002, 07:00 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default '03 Eiger or '02 Kodiak?

I have both so may offer some insight. My Kodiak has been a great bike. A few small probs like a broken front shock (replaced free after warranty) and a stuck choke cable. I prefer to ride my 5 sp Eiger to the Kodiak though cause it is a smoother ride and quicker (which I did not think it would be). The Eiger 5 sp is the best bang for the buck in my opinion, bar none. Not sure what the prices are now, but the Kodiak used to be a grand more. I heard they are the same price now, but that the Kodiak dropped the high/ low range. If you have some steep hills like we do, low range is a safety factor for going down hills. The eiger auto seems to have some auto lag, unlike the kodiak .

My Eiger had a glitch at first and stalled a couple of times, once on a hill. They found some dried fuel in the bowl of the carb and has been fine since for 300 miles. It's true they are a little cold natured., like some hondas I've had but after 3 minutes it's fine. I used my Kodiak for hunting cause it will fit in my truck and I can lock the tailgate. The Eiger is a bit long due to the brushguard. I like the looks but my tailgate will not quite close because of it, which I didn't check before I bought it, though I still would have gotten it. I like the simplicity of the Eiger, less to go wrong like the 4x4 switch which is cable operated instead of motor driven, like on the Kodiak. Both are good quads so you can't go wrong but I would strongly suggest the 5 sp Eiger.