Suzuki Discussions about Suzuki ATVs.

Bent my z400 frame......covered by warranty???

Search this Thread

Old 01-30-2003, 01:10 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Bent my z400 frame......covered by warranty???

happened to me.i hit a stump and bent in the left side not mutch but you can see it if you look hard enough.
i took it to my local $hithole dealer (cycles 128),and they said if suzuki doesnt cover it i have to pay $70 for them to look at it.
anyhoo,they said no because it is considered rider error.(I CONSIDER IT DESIGN ERROR)
i am pissed because suzuki should have reinforced that area LIKE EVERY OTHER QUAD!!!!!!!.
i belive that they are negligent for not using common sense in that regard.DID THEY REALLY THINK THAT THIS PROBLEM WOULD ARISE.i mean come on,how many riders have or will hit some thing right at the A arm?in suzuki's view,not many.hey,not all of us ride at glammis you know!!well here is to hoping for a crack,because then the frame will be replaced(i hope).

P.S.
SKY CYCLES IN MA HAVE MUTCH LOWER PRICES AND OFFERED TO LOOK AT MY QUAD FOR FREE!!

Old 01-30-2003, 01:11 PM
Pro Rider

how bad is it??

Old 01-30-2003, 01:12 PM
Pro Rider

give us some pics if possible

Old 01-30-2003, 02:55 PM
Range Rover

Hay terd
The Z is NOT!"a B!*ch slap to the 400ex"

Nor is it "David to the Raptors Golliath".

Although I’ve been pretty critical of my Raptor and I do like my Z more than my Raptor I would never make such an arrogant statement.

Oh and this "B!*ch slap" thing give me a F______ BRAKE the 400ex is and always will be a great quad a "B!*ch slap" I DON’T THINK SO!!!! Ya maybe it needs an updated engine but that's all it would take.

Sdcali15
I did get a new frame under warranty but it was a crack not a bend to me a bend suggests a crash
and a crash is not a warranty thing the crack is thought to be from the shocks being to soft and bottoming out.

Old 01-30-2003, 05:48 PM
Pro Rider

O.K.

Old 01-31-2003, 12:01 AM
Pro Rider

he told you !!!!!!!!![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/img]

Old 01-31-2003, 04:43 AM
Pro Rider

SdCali come to the el cajon mx park tomorrow (Friday)at 5:30-9pm i'll be there riding i can take a look at your frame then.even join us for riding, im the guy that puts on the motocross for quads there. just look for a black 2001 chevy 1500 with sanbros.com sticker ont he back window and the white/black LTZ #13

Old 01-31-2003, 05:13 AM
Trailblazer

I would if I could. I have school all day tomorrow until 5:00. And then I have work from 5:30-10:00.

Old 01-31-2003, 09:43 PM
Trailblazer

a year ago when i went to the Javits Center in Manhattan to go to a ATV convention, i got to go up close to a Z400. i looked at the thing for not even 5 minutes and noticed that they did the absolute crappiest welding job on the frame i have ever seen. most of the machines i've seen have a nice and clean finish, but this was not the case. i dont know if this particular Z i saw had as good of a welding job as the actual production model, but if so, yikes.

Old 02-01-2003, 05:32 PM
Weekend Warrior

Bryan,
Sorry to here about the Z, but the frame sucks. I hit a small stump at about 20-25mph, it was not that violant but I did go over the handlebars. It bent the rim and tweaked the frame and the a-arms are perfect. The frame tube behind the a-arms is slightly crushed causing my wheelbase from left to right to off by about 2.5 inchs. The frame behind the a-arms has nothing for support. All of the other manufactures have this area welded with spacers and also have a plate welded on the bottom to stop this from happening. The only thing that should of happened is the rim and a-arm should have been damaged. My dealer thought it would be no problem to get this covered under warranty. Well the A-holes at Suzuki won't cover this because they said that this has never happened which I find very hard to believe. I have read early threads which discribes a similar problem.

Has anyone tried to claim this under warranty? Check your wheelbases everybody, I think there might be alot of people that may have this condition and don't really notice it. Even with the w/b off 2.5 inchs it is barely noticeable when riding it. I would like to get enough people together and go to Suzuki as a group.

Thanks for your help.

Keith

Quick Reply: Bent my z400 frame......covered by warranty???