Suzuki Discussions about Suzuki ATVs.

Bent my z400 frame......covered by warranty???

Search this Thread

Old 03-23-2003, 11:24 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Bent my z400 frame......covered by warranty???

Today I just noticed that my frame is also bent. The quad hit a rock and bent the rim pretty bad. I stored the quad for the winter and just pulled it out of storage. I noticed that the frame torqued from the impact. The suspension must have bottomed out and bent the frame slightly. The speed at impact was not fast (20 mph). I expect the A-arm to bend before the frame, that would make replacement a lot cheaper. Does anyone know how much a stock frame is from the dealer? I would be interested in joining the petition to deal with this problem with Suzuki on a mass level. Anyone with answers or comments please reply or e-mail me at niacin3@hotmail.com.
-Steve

Old 03-23-2003, 11:57 PM
Trailblazer

I also bent my frame at the same place. They should have copied the 400ex design.I slamed trees twice as hard with the honda.I broke a-arms but never bent the frames.I just scrubed some bark off a tree with the outside of my wheel and the z bent.
If honda would get with the program and put a newer designed motor in the awsome chassis they have,I would switch back in a second.It is beginning to appear that suzuki has the upper hand at gncc type racing this year.This may force honda to finaly do something.
I would far prefer the honda chassis but prefer the z motor.If honda does not come with something new Iwill buy a new z and fix the frame the way it should be,befor i ride it.

Old 03-24-2003, 12:57 PM
Pro Rider

the frame runs about $1.400 from suzuki,maybe if enough people protest this lack of reinforcment issue suzuki might cover this prob.
if suzuki drags there feet about this,my next quad WILL,WITHOUT EXCEPTION,be a honda.

Old 03-24-2003, 03:07 PM
Trailblazer

A friend of mine bent his in the same place. Suz. fixed it under warrenty.

Old 03-25-2003, 01:22 PM
Pro Rider

that is interesting.wonder why they will not cover everybody else.after all,it is considered operator error.
if it's possible,can you get the guys name that he spoke with at suzuki?

Old 03-26-2003, 03:35 AM
Trailblazer

Alba told me "rider abuse" and that something like that wouldn't be covered. I can see their point but still. I was amazed at the sight of my frame bending with such a small crash. I've seen 400EXs roll 100 yards down Patton at Gordon's Well and they were fine. It is definitely a weak part in the frame. Ohwell, around $500 later I got it rewelded in that spot along with a new spindle. Still need a rotor but that isn't bad enough to have to spend $100 on a new one.

Old 03-26-2003, 08:26 AM
Trailblazer

He went throw the dealer. Your dealer needs to call his rep. They should get you a new frame!

Old 03-26-2003, 08:27 AM
Trailblazer

Lots of luck buddy. Control yourself until you can handle the power of the SUZUKI!!!!!!!!!!!!![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]isgust

Old 03-26-2003, 01:35 PM
Range Rover

Why are you guys bitching about Suzuki when you’re the ones that crashed your quads Suzuki had nothing to do with it, you cant just beat the hell out of your quad and expect Suzuki to take care of it. Maybe you should get a titanium frame.

Old 03-26-2003, 03:52 PM
Weekend Warrior

i also have a problem with my z frame,,, mine broke in four places right at the chock mounts and down below them ,, my shocks just flung out and the bike nose dived into the sand The tubing that holds the shock mount in all four places just fell off..

Quick Reply: Bent my z400 frame......covered by warranty???