Suzuki Discussions about Suzuki ATVs.

Bent my z400 frame......covered by warranty???

Search this Thread

Old 01-29-2003, 09:11 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Bent my z400 frame......covered by warranty???

I went out yesterday to Superstition Mountain with a couple of buddies and ended up bending the frame on my z400. It occured at the part where the frame runs along side the oil tank. It also tweaked an a-arm a little and bent up a spindle. Has anyone had this problem with their z400? I know people have been breaking welds in this general area of the atv, but nothing on mine looks "broken," only bent up. I was reading that some people got new frames and/or got their frames fixed under warranty. I'm just wondering if mine will cover this particular incident. I just bought the quad 4 weeks ago and got an extended warranty, insurance, etc.

Thanks

Old 01-29-2003, 09:30 PM
Pro Rider

What were you doing on this ride? Doesnt sound like Suzuki is at fault.

Old 01-29-2003, 10:04 PM
LTZ
Extreme Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

With all that damage I can almost guarantee you they won't cover it. That's not damage from just jumping or riding hard. What the heck did you hit?

Old 01-29-2003, 11:13 PM
Trailblazer

i think your not telling us the whole truth..you must have crashed the quad to do all that...i dont think suzuki will help you there ...good luck..nows a good time to get a lrd frame and gibson a-arms..[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-cool.gif[/img]

Old 01-30-2003, 12:47 AM
Trailblazer

I went up this berm and the front end came up on me and threw me off. The bike landed on the left front side, but didn't roll or anything and to be honest, it wasn't that big of a crash. I've trashed my warrior pretty bad, a lot worse than what I did to that suzuki and all it ever did to it was bent the headlights up. I mean, I know I'm partially at fault but what gets me is that you go and spend $7500 on something and a minor bang-up bends the frame. That screams low-quality/shotty craftmanship. I could definitely understand a tweaked a-arm, but the frame? Come on. I think there's just a weak points in that frame, as the bend is in that front shock/a-arm area. I don't even want to think of what will happen when I really dump this thing. This was all in the soft sand too.

Old 01-30-2003, 02:12 AM
LTZ
Extreme Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Good luck with the warranty, I hope they take care of you. Who did you buy it from?

Old 01-30-2003, 02:37 AM
Pro Rider

Both my Z's have been rolled with no problems with the frame at all. Sorry to hear about your ride, it can't hurt to ask suzuki if they'll help out in this situation although, you're looking at them just saying rider error. Good luck, keep us posted. Also, I have heard of Suzuki in a couple of cases replacing frames.

Old 01-30-2003, 02:53 AM
Trailblazer

I got it from Alba Motorsports, here in San Diego. I hope they cover this...

Old 01-30-2003, 03:21 AM
Pro Rider

i ride supersition ALL the time. the sand there is very soft. it has to be some sort of structural integrity failure. i jump my Z400 out there all the time on the east side in the little dunes over where the pole line road comes through. i come down from upwards of 20ft on some jumps and havent BENT but have cracked my frame in places. you ride out there alot SDcali??? thats one of my favorite places to jump, you can always find huge tables and doubles in the area as far east along wheeler Rd. as you can go. look for me out there White/Black LTZ #13 doin heel clickers, double cans and cordova's. You gonna go to superstition for the king of the desert???? I got my LTZ at alba...they're really kewl there...but thats not something that alba can warranty they would have to get the approval from suzuki. if you want i can dig around and see if i cant find a used frame for ya. possibly we can fix it?

Old 01-30-2003, 03:38 AM
Trailblazer

I wish I had a paper that described everything in detail for warranty. I do go to superstition a lot, nice and close, and it has everything there, dunes and hard pack. I'm a sand guy though, so I like to smoke stock raptors and stock banshees up sand dam. If you could dig around for a frame, that'd be great or if you think it's fixable without buying a new frame, maybe we could look into that. The Z feels as though everything were fine, except the front brakes hardly work now (bent spindle). However, you can tell by standing in front of it and looking at it, that something is definitely screwed up. Maybe I can take some pics of the bends. You planning on going out there anytime soon. I'd like to go out before presidents, but if not, I'll be there presidents weekend.

Thanks for your time and help.

Quick Reply: Bent my z400 frame......covered by warranty???