Suzuki Discussions about Suzuki ATVs.

Zilla and lt250r....Why the hell did they stop???

Search this Thread

Old 02-20-2003, 11:52 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Zilla and lt250r....Why the hell did they stop???

CT330: You call that an update??

Roost: That head of yours is getting so big that it must be hard to hold it up!! (kidding!!!)
It would seem that you need a proper education on the mighty 500... Yes, most aren't all that fast in stock form... but I can't remember seeing many banshees that are worth a heck of alot in stock form either!?!?(Insert your favorite "Turd" acronym here) Yes, the banshee's do respond better to mods than the 500. (it's a really good thing... otherwise the Raptors would be whipping up on them too) But a radically modified 500 runs VERY strong.. And none the less... it takes pretty big cubic $$$$'s to make a banshee fast... I mean really fast! So how much $$$$ do you have invested??? I'll bet it's a heck of alot more than I do!
The 500's not a techno marvel??? C'mon! At least Zuk had the intestinal fortitude to actually build one! Only 4 years production... Yes, unfortunately they couldn't make them idiot proof, and the general public couldn't handle them... (HENCE the point of this thread.....)

I am from Wyoming... I'm merely a transplant in Colorado (Too many enviro-****'s here for me to claim it) Yes, I've ridden Walden (Think we had this discussion about this time last year)
Where's a good place to race there??? Walden sucks! The only hill is that small one out of the drainage. The Sand is rough and usually beat to death...and Mem weekend is the best time to avoid that place... (Too many drunk/stoned/crazy idiots there)
After my wife nearly got ran over (Yes, riding a banshee) by a buggy... we don't go there anymore... It's either Rock Springs, or Rexburg.. But I'd gladly accept your challenge to a shot up the hill! Would love the opportunity to feed you a few shovels full of sand when I blow past you LOL!!!

Then if you really want to be humiliated... I'd break out the 250 to do the mop-up.

Old 02-20-2003, 12:53 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

Oh come on! If you meet me there on thursday, it wont be all jacked up. Also, weve started racing at the flats that are near dead mans. thats a pretty good , flat, long place to race... And being flat, that will help your single cylinder run best.

Im a bit surprised that you admitted the Raptor is faster than a QuadZilla

Yes, the banshee's do respond better to mods than the 500. (it's a really good thing... otherwise the Raptors would be whipping up on them too)
When you say too, you mean 500's and banshees too (like the 500 did!)?!?!?! HEHEH

I have about $1900 into my 420. Im still pushin 80 cc's LESS than you, lets get it on! Memorial day. One day. 3 races. 1 Victor and a few cold beers, cause its all in fun!

RoostKing...

Old 02-20-2003, 02:21 PM
Pro Rider

Yea Zillas arnt too crazy when they are stock... but they sure will beat a raptor no question about it.

(matter of fact I put a real whoopen on my two buddies raptors (brothers), both piped and jetted.. one with WB Eseries, and the other a FMF power core I believe, they couldnt keep up with me with my zilla in stock form, id just walk away)

Old 02-20-2003, 03:04 PM
Pro Rider

Banshee+good machine in its day= OVERRATED NOW!!!!![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 02-21-2003, 07:12 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

In its day? Aparently you havent been to the dunes...

RoostKing...

Old 02-21-2003, 11:32 AM
Pro Rider

Thats all its good for anymore.

Old 02-21-2003, 12:06 PM
Pro Rider

Roost:

Amigo, You need to re-read my quote....It's a good thing that banshee's respond well to mods, otherwise Raptors would be whipping up on them too... (As in the 500's always have!)

Dude... I can't believe you'd drive all the way from AZ to ride Walden!!!! Gather up old WyoDuner and 'Cmon over to some real sand.... and a few cold ones... And bring some naked AZ women with ya!!

Whoa!! $1,900.... Man, the most expensive thing I've got on mine is a carb, and a cool head ($500 Tops!) Like my signature says... Of course it's stock! All the rest is my own home brew...

It's all cubic dollars my friend... and all in good fun of course! But it sure is fun to whip *** on some high dollar machines with my "Stocker".... Sure would like to educate you.. flat or hillside... It maky no difference!

You make me envious!!! You can ride all year long... I'm waiting for the snow to melt enough to find my quad!! Can't wait till it's time to throw some sand.

Superstar: Ditto what Roost said!! The Banshee is still the most popular (See previous comment on "just another face in the crowd") on the sand!! Still ain't no 4 stroker that can compete!!! Talk about overrated!!! These new thumpers are the ones that are overrated!!!
Was the banshee really all that "good" even "in it's day"??? Str8 line drag racing... Yes, (With mods of course) Handling??? what's that?

Old 02-21-2003, 12:59 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

Duneaddict. I come up to Wyoming to visit my family at that time, so im in the area for over a week, but at Walden 3 days or so. As far as that quote I knew what you meant, I was just being a smart $^!

At any rate, you might want to talk to MR. 350X. We had a similar discussion and decided to hit the sand drags. His 500 is for sale now, hes buying a Banshee LOL! No joke by the way! And that was with my motor being ported, now with a stroker, it would be UGLY! But remember, im still 80 cc's less than you [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

And one more thing. The banshee may not be the best handling machine, but its not the worst. Bsides who needds handling when the front wheels are power wheeling everywhere. Body english baby!

RoostKing....

Old 02-21-2003, 06:36 PM
Pro Rider

hey... hey... hey... Zilla was running really bad that day.. roost, not a good example. (5000 feet sure makes a difference in 2 stroke jetting!) The way the Zilla runs now, (properly... considering the mods that are done) It would absolutely stomp your banshee in the ported state that it was in THAT day.

Now that your 420, yea.. you might beat me up the hill... but, not by as much your thinking.. and Im sure of that.

To be honest, the only reason I want a banshee is
1: I would like to change it up and get something different.
2: My zilla in its current state hasnt proven super reliable, due to mods/hours.

If I get a shee, it will be left MOSTLY stock (for a while) so that it remains reliable.
I would do some supention work though, (ext A arms ect)

-Matt

Old 02-24-2003, 03:50 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

I thought we agreed! No excuses. We came to run, we ran, I won.. its all good, well team up to race some unsuspecting 500 owners, then you'll see how much fun it is, winning that is!

RoostKing...

Quick Reply: Zilla and lt250r....Why the hell did they stop???