Suzuki Discussions about Suzuki ATVs.

Zilla and lt250r....Why the hell did they stop???

Search this Thread

Old 02-24-2003, 09:33 AM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Zilla and lt250r....Why the hell did they stop???

Hey Roost,

Don't tell me you are taking people up to 5000' elevation than bragging how you beat them when you are jetted for the 5000' elevation and they are not. Tell me I misunderstood and this is not true. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/img]

Zilla was running really bad that day.. roost, not a good example. (5000 feet sure makes a difference in 2 stroke jetting!)
Do you feel that you need to have some unfair advantage? Aren’t the stroker, big bore, long rod, and piped, ported, carbed engine enough??? It shouldn't need any more to beat a stock bore Zilla!

RoostKing have you ever been beat?[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 02-24-2003, 10:55 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

All COOL, You are correct, that IS untrue and you did misunderstand. Myself and Mr 350X were trash talking on the forums(whats new) and since at the time we both had about the same work done to our bikes( play port, basic stuff, I was not stroked yet) we decided to meet at some sand drags here in Phoenix. The race day was like 3 weeks out. We met, raced and I won. Its not my fault he didnt come jetted(if thats the case, which I dont know either way. If your that lean, id be scared of blowing up and wouldnt even run my bike if I had not jetted for lower altitude) We agreed 3 weeks in advance to this race. If your unprepared, thats your deal, dont make excuses and dont say you would have won if, BLAH BLAH BLAH. I think you can agree that is pretty lame. I was just learning how to ride my bike after getting the motor ported and both of us were wheellying off the line real bad. In fact, i went over and dis-located my shoulder that day. I can say he was close, but in the end,i did win all races. Now he may have been better off if he was correctly jetted, but at this point, it could be the most spot on quadzilla out there, but with my 420, it would NOT be a race! I am still 80 cc's less though!

As a matter of fact, I have been beat plenty of times, but I can honestly say I have not been beat by a similarly equipped quadzilla.

So its All Cool!

RoostKing...

Old 02-24-2003, 11:53 AM
Pro Rider

Isn't all this trash talking fun???

Roost:
To date you haven't been beat by a similarly equipped zilla.... Not many folks stroke the 500..... Can't wait to see a non-similarly built zill give you a whipping. (Merely a pipe and carb... mebbe a little port grindin')
Any idea what type of ponies you're putting out with that stroker??? (Dyno numbers?)

If a stoker motor is fair... then my little 'ole Honda could come play too then eh?

You really should try to make R.S. instead of Walden... I'm working on a portable X-mas tree for some drags... Should be a great time... even the bench racing will be great!
I just love giving you banshee guy's a hard time! It's really more fun than actually beating you in a drag race!!
It's all in good fun! Yes, it really does amaze me how much power the little twin will make (Even with the cc deficit) Too bad the 4 strokers can't make those claims!!!

Old 02-24-2003, 12:07 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

So far, most of my races were when I was either non-ported, or the short time I was only ported. I would go to R.S., but I will be meeting a bunch of friendsd down there, plus my family comes down for the day, which is cool. i dont have any dyno numbers.. I would think around 70 ish though..

And you are so right. I cant believe the money it takes to make a 4 stroke run??? Crazy money!

RoostKing...

Old 02-24-2003, 12:21 PM
Trailblazer

RoostKing when you say "similarly equipped quadzilla" Does this mean stroked and big bore ported Zilla.

Never seen a stroked lt500.

If 350x knew 3 weeks in advance that he was changing elevation by 5000' and wasn't ready...so be it. Run what you brung.

Although to be fair, jetting for elevation changes that drastic are hard to do without being there for testing. You agree?

Roost, it’s all good.

Wish I was closer to the dunes out west; I would love to see that magical banshee of yours run.
Might have to get the guys together and make a trip out to play in the dunes one of these years.

Old 02-24-2003, 12:39 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

All Cool,
LIke I said, most of the races against 500's were before I had the stroker motor, the race with Mr350x was before the stroker motor. I agree, run what you brung. But with 3 weeks till race day, i would have bought at least a few jets to rejet with. It was a test and tune night, so the gates opened at 4:00 and closed at 1:00. Plenty of time to rejet. I do remember though that he did have to leave early. And trust me, there is nothing magical bout my bike, just having 2 cylinders seems to be the edge needed to take out bigger bikes.

And come on out, the dunes are a blast and yes, it is all good!!

RoostKing...

Old 02-25-2003, 12:22 AM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Roostking and duneaddict, you guys are very entertaining, great smack talk, keep up the good work. hehe

Old 02-25-2003, 08:09 PM
Trailblazer

Hey listen roost king , i own a 1986 quadsport 230 and know that its nothin compared to the banshee or zilla. But i have raced many blasters and totally smoked them. I t can clim better than an 02 blaster and is faster than one. Thats pretty bad , it shows how outdated the yamahas are. Suzuki was betting them in the 80s and is still beating them now. Dont you think thats kinda funny that a 1986 quad could beat a 2002 quad. Same goes for your banshee a zilla could smoke it anyday of the week and you no it, so quit tryin to think of excuses. haha

Old 02-26-2003, 03:48 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

Look Diaperdude, Im glad your QS 230 runs like a champ, i think thats great, but you need to let the adults talk now. thank you.

It also looks like I might have a race coming up with an lT 500 that is in the area. Ill post the results, win or lose! Just like last time, but I was happy to post then, since I won!

RoostKing...

Old 02-26-2003, 11:36 AM
Pro Rider

Hey guys, I have to chime in here again.
Im not complaining or making up exuses as to why he beat me that day. He beat me fair and square.
(to be honest though, his fastest was a 5.6, and mine was only a 5.7 in the 300')

Just because I agree and play by the rules 'run what ya brung' doesnt mean Im not going to share with
you guys why I didnt have a good day, and defend myself against the 'he had 3 weeks to prepair' comments.

1: This is my first 2 stroke, (besides an old CR125 that I never ever jetted) and to the DAY Im still unfamiliar with how to
really correctly jet.

2: 3 weeks doesnt matter. Im not going to load my quad, drive 2 hours to somewhere im totally unfamiliar with to
test and tune some day before the race. It just wasnt that important to me. Same reason I didnt bring a strap
for dropping the rear of my quad, or even a low pressure air guage for playing with tire pressure.

But yes I did bring the few jets that I had, and 5000 feet is too much change for just a size or two bigger. (all I had)

Also, that day, launching WAS tough. (why call them SAND drags.. when its mud/dirt) the Zilla was pulling hard low end,
but high RPM just wasnt happenin.

Anyway, im honestly not making exuses, just telling my stort. Like I care anyway. Gotta guy coming to look at my
Zilla the day after tomorrow. Hopefully he will buy it. I need something reliable.

-Matt

Quick Reply: Zilla and lt250r....Why the hell did they stop???