Suzuki Discussions about Suzuki ATVs.

Zilla and lt250r....Why the hell did they stop???

Search this Thread

Old 02-16-2003, 01:05 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Zilla and 250r....Why the hell did they stop???

Why did suzuki stop making those two two strokes. everybody but yamaha traded in their flagship 2-strokes for all four strokes while still making 2 stroke dirbikes. What for??

Old 02-16-2003, 04:43 PM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Zilla and lt250r....Why the hell did they stop???

Blame ridiculous lawsuits, the CPSC, and tree huggers for that! It is such a shame that we true high performance riders have to settle for 4 strokes! I had to make the switch too. I'm not trying to bash 4 strokes because they can be very competitive, but I miss the old days too!

Old 02-17-2003, 06:18 AM
Pro Rider

there are also other factors to consider...
many a rider has always badmouthed the LT250r as a race machine... it had it's flaws as does any race machine, and suzuki did little to make an improvement on the one thing it needed the most for racing motocross- the front suspension. but also, the whole powersporsts industry was in a slump in the late 80's & early '90's in part because of badly biased media coverage. also, dealers couldn't sell any bike, some bikes & quads sat on racks out behind dealerships still in the crate for months on end, if not more than a year or two. the CSPC and barbara walters scared the world from buying them at all, fortunately most have seen past thier biased BS... although they keep trying. it's taken the sport a long time to recover.

Old 02-18-2003, 10:48 PM
Trailblazer

they knew in a few years they would make a better quad ...THE LTZ400...[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 02-19-2003, 05:44 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

Because the Banshee came and cleaned up. Everybody else went home to mommy...

RoostKing...

Old 02-19-2003, 10:54 AM
Pro Rider

Aw pleeeeze!! Roost, you've got to quit making my side hurt from laughing at you!!! lol

Ditto badchad! The ridiculous lawsuits raised by dumba$$ idiots that put a 12 y/o on an LT500, and wondered why he got hurt (Yes, no helmet either!)
The lawyers had a hayday with it!!! Scared all the manufacturers into stopping production.... except Yamahahaha, which to this day refuses to do any updates on the antique 'still in production' Banshee that has seen no changes since '87..

Now the enviro-****'s are involved with all the whining about 2-stroke emissions...

Makes me hot under the collar!!! Oh well, as long as I can find parts to keep my precious antiques runnin'.... I'll be fine! After that... I'll have to lower my standards to RoostKings level and be another face in the crowd of banshees.
I refuse to EVER support 4-stroke technology by purchasing one! I'll go back to dirt bikes before that happens!

Old 02-19-2003, 12:30 PM
Range Rover

if your giong to rip on the banshee atleast do it right
no changes from 1991 (j arms to a arms)

Old 02-19-2003, 01:58 PM
Trailblazer

Hey RoostQueen

Nice pics on your site.

Aren't you a little embarrassed to have such an UGLY looking quad in such beautiful areas?
Oh and as for that pettily little roost you got... huh that's pathetic!

Old 02-19-2003, 04:00 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

I agree DA, ill never support the sales of 4-strokes. It makes me feel like im helping the enviro guys win... if i ever do do a 4-stoke it would/will be a 1500cc gsxr with 2-3 stages of nitrous. But time will only tell

Old 02-20-2003, 06:36 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

All Cool, Thanks, I think! Yes that first pic is not much of a roost, but its on the edge(litterally) and on the gas.

Dune Addict,
funny you talk about being a face in the crowd. When your on a 500 you are a face in the crowd, while im ahead of the crowd! BUWAHAHAHA. Also, I didnt think the 500 was a techno marvel in its long 4 year run... the banshee may not have been improved much, but its still around, and making believers everyday.. One thing I like to do is find a 500 at the hill, get them talking about there machines and how ive heard so much about them. You know, the fastest and most powerful quad in history and all that. I humbly ask if he woud like to race, even though I "know" (wink wink) that im going to get beat(thats what i tell her anyways) After the inevitable, (banshee winning) I ask them if they were having trouble shifting or something.. They usually say yes for some reason....LOL I Just saw you were from Colorado, ever been to Walden? If not, lets meet up there over Memorial day weekend... Id like to humbly challenge you to race(even though I know I will lose, wink, wink)

Its all good! When your winning that is

RoostKing...

Quick Reply: Zilla and lt250r....Why the hell did they stop???