Suzuki Discussions about Suzuki ATVs.

2 Stroke vs. 4 stroke.... Pros cons... and why too strokes are better :)

Search this Thread

Old 06-09-2004 | 12:07 AM
Pro Rider
Default 2 Stroke vs. 4 stroke.... Pros cons... and why too strokes are better :)

Originally posted by: DaBeechMan
if that is what you want, yes. If you wanted quick, fast, yet ridable and fun you should have got a 250r, not a zilla
Should have gotten A 250R instead of the Z-400

Old 06-09-2004 | 12:11 AM
Pro Rider
Default 2 Stroke vs. 4 stroke.... Pros cons... and why too strokes are better :)

Originally posted by: DaBeechMan
if that is what you want, yes. If you wanted quick, fast, yet ridable and fun you should have got a 250r, not a zilla

fair point, but ive got a 250r and i prefer the z, just couldnt see me ever giving up the zilla tho, like i say best of both worlds i accept that the zillas bruit force comes with a compromise and if there was a drag racing scene for quads in the uk i no doubt would be the happiest man alive and 100% loyal to the 2 stroke and have no need for the Z

but the best i can do for the zilla is to prepare it for grass track racing and maybee some super moto, wich i must say i wouldnt want to do on a Z

i supose realy what im saying is 2 strokes have their purpose and so do 4 strokes, and i dont think i could honestly say either is better than the other

the Z is just more practical for the riding opertunities that are available to me

Old 06-09-2004 | 12:14 AM
Pro Rider

You also have a TRX 250R? Thought it was an ATC? Did you get it yet?

Old 06-09-2004 | 12:19 AM
Pro Rider

no i have a lt250r that i got of ebay in the uk as a bit ov a fixeruper and since i got the z i just lost interest,

i havent shipped the ATC yet me and the guy who i got it off have been realy busy its all crated and ready to go, but again i dont realy have a practical use for it, the z and zilla fit my plans just fine and the ATC will just be for the ocasional beach blast, unless someone wants to take it off my hands before i ship it and keep it in the USA

Old 06-09-2004 | 12:21 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

well said UK. 4-strokes do have their purpose as well...after all women need something to ride, right? bahahahah jk

Old 06-09-2004 | 12:25 AM
Pro Rider

lol, might be right me missis has had a little bimble about on the beach on the z[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 06-09-2004 | 01:25 AM
Pro Rider

im a thumper guy. 4 stroke technogly is so high nowadays, they have made them to rev like a 2 stroke. and yall are talking about how you need more cc's to get the same power from 2 stroke to 4 but if you can put more cc's in, why not? the thumpers have the torque to overcome the extra weight in most cases. Look at the DS 650, and the V force. Those bikes are HEAVY, but they still run fast and quick. I think instead of worrying about how many cc's you have to have to match the power of a 2 stoke and all this BS you shoudl look at the power to wieght ratio, then look and see if its gonna have the power you want. I own a predator, and that thing is extremely fast I think, and its a 4 stroke. And anyone who says that thumper have no topend power need to ride something else other than a utility quad. Go ride a trx450, a yzf450 or a predator, those things pull hard until they are topped out, and you can still FEEL the power and torque even then.

Old 06-09-2004 | 01:31 AM
|
Range Rover

to me top speed IS great....but it is how fast u get to that top speed. I own a 2 stroke.. love it... feelin that powerband pull on ur arms....great

Old 06-09-2004 | 02:03 AM
Pro Rider

who says a thumper cant get there quick? What i was talking about was FEELING the torque and power all the way to the top, a properly built 4 stroke(like what they are building today) will get to speed as fast and any 2 stroke will

Old 06-09-2004 | 02:44 AM
Weekend Warrior

i know 2 strokes are generally lighter,and 2 wheel 2 strokes turn way faster than 2 wheel 4 strokes because there is way less rotating mass in the engine. i paid 2k for my 2000 banshee and 1500 for my 1990,and i guarantee they will outrun just about any brand new 6k plus 4 stroke. NOTHING,NOTHING feels like a 2 stoke pounding through the gears. and dont believe the myth that 4 strokes are more reliable.its because for the last 20 years 4 strokes have been the "cruising motor",and 2 strokes where the crazy fast machines. 2 strokes fire way more,but four strokes have way way more compression. now there are fast as hell four strokes,but i like 2 strokes,i can rebuild my cr 250 topend in about an hour and a half if you dont count the time it takes top send the cylinder out and have it bored. the only reasons 4 strokes are being pushed in the forefront are upcoming emmisions laws.of course the big 5 manufacturers are going to say 4 strokes are better. in ten years they wont be allowed to make 2 strokes!!!!

Quick Reply: 2 Stroke vs. 4 stroke.... Pros cons... and why too strokes are better :)