Suzuki Discussions about Suzuki ATVs.

2 Stroke vs. 4 stroke.... Pros cons... and why too strokes are better :)

Search this Thread

Old 06-08-2004 | 02:13 AM
Weekend Warrior
Default 2 Stroke vs. 4 stroke.... Pros cons... and why too strokes are better :)

people might want to get used to four strokes being sold at stores though. 2 strokes are being fazed out by the big manufacturers.emmisions laws will tighten and tighten in the next 10-15 years.but ill take a 2 stroke anyday

Old 06-08-2004 | 09:08 AM
Pro Rider
Default 2 Stroke vs. 4 stroke.... Pros cons... and why too strokes are better :)

okay hope they do spend more time and money towards 2 strokes like addict said. now 2 stroke or four stroke was name of this thread correct? id say 2 stroke now thats my opinion. now my reason is i have an 87 lt250 and runs fine. now if i do my top end its 140 bux if i dont have bored it for 60 additional bux. how much for topend on four stroke and dont forget u 4 strokers will go through top ends too. and on the emmissions crap..... i dont live in an emmisions controlled state any more but i do know that in lots of them if your car was built before the emmisions controls such as concerters and such u were granted a grandfather clause type situation to prevent u from updating your ehaust . so wheres our break on the grandfather clause type deal i know i can barely get into silver lakes sand dunes whats next???? pretty soon ill have to push my quad in through the check point to pass. owell my vote is 2 stroke .for many reasons btw what else can u ride and have to take leak on trail pull over and go and get back on ur quad and your still in the lead lmfao had to add that for u 4strokers that that said they were only for drag and mx

Old 06-08-2004 | 10:21 AM
Pro Rider

I'll take a 2-Stroke any day. Just cant get into the thumper thing. push button start, reverse, no thanks!!!

Old 06-08-2004 | 08:27 PM
Pro Rider

2 strokes can be very very reliable. My 86 250R is .020 over right now....and thats after 18 years! This quad has been raced for a very very long time...and the piston and sleeve are still to this day in very good shape. It was never "blown up," and I know the previous owner. He drove this quad like a
mad man....so do I.

Old 06-08-2004 | 11:25 PM
Pro Rider

well i recently added a Z400 to my list and its my first 4 stroke and i like it,

in fact if i had to get rid of the Z400 or the zilla it would be bye bye zilla (with a tear in my eye of course)

Old 06-08-2004 | 11:29 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: UKzilla
in fact if i had to get rid of the Z400 or the zilla it would be bye bye zilla (with a tear in my eye of course)
I think it's been too long since you ride your zilla, UK.

Old 06-08-2004 | 11:39 PM
Pro Rider

i must admit i was thinking the same thing as i was writing that,

my zilla will be a totaly diferent animal when its finished and couldnt realy be compared chasis wise let alone 2 vs 4 stroke i wouldnt get rid of her ever,

but from a practical point of view and stock for stock a z is a much better quad well manered and a pleasure to ride, push the button and go, on the otherhand the zilla offers bruit force and dirty underware and sometimes i need thast as well, so im happy having the best of both worlds,

also im not a very advanced rider and the zilla was the first quad i ever rode, the Z probably fits my abilities better if im honest about it and also my plans for hare scrambling/ enduro's.

just cant wait to get the zilla sliding round the oval later this year,

got my stem from lonestar today as well so im siked for getting it finished now[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 06-08-2004 | 11:50 PM
Weekend Warrior

I think 2 strokes are better because they quicker and most times faster

Old 06-08-2004 | 11:58 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: 88
I think 2 strokes are better because they quicker and most times faster

yeah but enjoyable riding doesnt alll have to be about quick and fast surely?

Old 06-08-2004 | 11:59 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

if that is what you want, yes. If you wanted quick, fast, yet ridable and fun you should have got a 250r, not a zilla

Quick Reply: 2 Stroke vs. 4 stroke.... Pros cons... and why too strokes are better :)