Technical and How-To Articles Post your Tech Tips and How-to articles here. Photo illustrations welcome

Electrical Troubleshooting

Search this Thread

Old 07-10-2008, 05:34 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Electrical Troubleshooting

To get into ATV riding I bought 2 super cheap Fushin's understanding this was a potential mess based on the cost. Someone please tell me "you get what you pay for".

For the 110CC kids ATV I am relatively pleased. However, I am having a bit of trouble with the Fushin 150 as I am having a lot of difficulty with the electrical system. The first symptom was inconsistent starting, especially after it had been running for a while. Thinking the issue was with the battery I was able to successfully jump it off a few times. Next I got a battery charger to ensure the battery was holding a charge. That seems to be the case now; however, I am currently unable to even get a cold start. I am beginning to suspect electrical issues, especially since the tail light won't consistently come on when the ignition is on. I've ran through the basic checks for connections and such.

What are the next troubleshooting steps for electrical? I am a very novice "mechanic" but it is easy to inspect the electrical systems and determine the ATV was made as cheap as possible. Regardless, what is the next step after the battery? Is it safe to say that since I can no longer jump off the ATV that the problem is downstream from the battery?

Old 07-14-2008, 11:56 AM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Just wanted to post an update here. After messing around for some time I finally found and fixed the problem. The positive connecting wire to the battery was not making solid connection with the little connecting end of the wire. I squeezed it down good with some plyers and now all is well.

Old 07-19-2008, 12:42 PM

Awsome, I'm glad you found your problem. I just wanted to reply, seems it's not a common occurence on this site!!!