Trailers, Toy Haulers, Motorhomes. Discuss Trailering, Toy Haulers, Campers and Motorhomes.

Nissan Titan?

Search this Thread

Old 04-04-2004, 07:50 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Nissan Titan?

Does anyone own one of these? I'm looking at either the Titan or a Toyota Tundra, and would like your opinions on either.

Old 04-04-2004, 07:56 PM
Elite Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Nissan Titan?

If you need to do real truck things like towing and hauling, buy the titan. More hp, real size, better design, etc.

If you are going to be using this truck to cruise around, get the tundra. Good mileage, smaller, etc.

Old 04-04-2004, 07:57 PM
Elite Pro Rider
Default Nissan Titan?

You could look into an american made truck...After all, we are the leading truck market in the world and they have been mass produced here for almost a century.

Old 04-04-2004, 09:55 PM
Pro Rider
Default Nissan Titan?

Originally posted by: maddog56
You could look into an american made truck...After all, we are the leading truck market in the world and they have been mass produced here for almost a century.
Ya, I thought about that, my dad has owned nothing but Fords for the past 25 years, and swears by them. He's also put a lot of money into them. Chev's are nice, but they're hard on fuel, even with the 4.8L. Dodge is out of the question, thirsty, and in my opinon, poorer build quality than a Chev or Ford. I'm leaning toward the Toyota, can't argue with their reliability record, but I really like the new Titan. Another reason I didn't consider a domestic, is that it's not going to be worked hard, more of a toy hauler, getting firewood etc, I can't really justify putting gas in a 6L motor for that, or a Hemi for that matter.

Old 04-04-2004, 10:42 PM
Pro Rider
Default Nissan Titan?

of course you can justify a big engine, your paying american fuel prices[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 04-04-2004, 10:51 PM
Pro Rider
Sound advice there. "Hey, watch this........"
Default Nissan Titan?

Hey UKZilla - Just curious - What's petrol going for on your side of the pond these days? We're all starting to beech and moan with 87 octain going for $1.64 per gallon. 89 and 93 run .10 to .20 per gallon more. Diesel usually goes for about the same as gas. Highest prices we've ever seen over here but I bet it's lots cheaper than where you live.

Jaybee

Old 04-04-2004, 10:59 PM
Pro Rider
Default Nissan Titan?

81pence per liter so thats a whopping $1.43 aprox per liter diesel is around the same price and i have seen it dearer than petrol at the same pumps,

lot a people run on red diesel over here its about 36pence per liter,

we havent used gallons for a good few years over here and i dont know how many liters there are in a gallon probably about 5 tho at a guess and most people like my self will just put in the tank a cash value so you dont realy notice what your getting for your money,

most of the cost is tax for the govvey not profit for the oil companies,

Old 04-05-2004, 01:06 AM
Air Cooled Rider
Future Govenator of Kalifornia!
Default Nissan Titan?

I'd love $1.64/gal out here in CA. I just paid 2.009 this morning for some 87. That was a pretty good price. Some of the Shell/Chevron/76 stations start out at 2.099 around here. Figure 10c add per each level. Diesel varies. If you hit a Beacon/Arco you'll pay $1.899. The closest Chevron is about $209.9. It varies more than gas around here. Not sure what red diesel is. Though we just bought some for our equipment at work.

I think we pay about 50 cents in taxes here locally. I look fondly back to my high school year book photo of an ad for a gas station $.999. It was down to about $.879 here a couple years ago.

I think we should just invade a middle east oil producing country...oh wait...we did.

I US Gal = 3.78541 liters (litres). That makes it out to about $5.41/US Gal. *shudder* Do you get a free lube job with that? [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Best Car Insurance | Auto Protection Today | FREE Trade-In Quote

Old 04-05-2004, 01:37 AM
Pro Rider
Default Nissan Titan?

i didnt know red diesel existed anywhere els in the world,LOL heres the deal

its just ordinary diesel with a red dye added so it is distinguished from pump diesel, here in the uk its less than half the price of pump diesel cos its not taxed, its for use in machinery like generators compressors and agricultural machinery tractors atc, its illegal to use it in a road vehicle because of it not being taxed, here in the uk there are loads of people who quite rightly want to keep there motoring costs down and take the risk of running on red diesel, i havent heard of it hapening for a while localy but it was common for for road blocks to be in place pulling over diesel cars and vans and "dipping the tank" to see if the diesel was red, along with other "big brother style checks,

ride red i say[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 04-05-2004, 01:58 AM
Quad Patrol
Default Nissan Titan?

I just paid $1.83 for diesel.

UK, diesel is basically set up the same way in Ca. If you have a ranch/farm with diesel equip. your don't need to pay the road taxes. Never heard of Uncle Sam doing a road check to see what color diesel you were runnning in your truck[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Quick Reply: Nissan Titan?