Trailers, Toy Haulers, Motorhomes. Discuss Trailering, Toy Haulers, Campers and Motorhomes.

Borla or Banks Power exhaust?

Search this Thread

Old 05-18-2004, 08:35 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Borla or Banks Power exhaust?

I just bought a new Nissan Armada to tow the gang and toy box. I plan to upgrade the exhaust for more power.
Should I get the Borla dual exhaust $900 or the Banks Power 3 inch for $600. Need more power[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 05-19-2004, 08:38 PM
Pro Rider

An exhaust sys. won't get you all that much more power, it will make some but barely noticeable. You will probobly need intake and computer mods to really get the most out of an exhaust. The new engines are really desinged as a package, if you change only one thing you're wasting you're money. More flow out the back needs more flow in the front, and both need more timing and fuel. Definetly talk to a good shop that has some experience with your truck, spending some money at a good shop may save you lots of money by not buying something you don't need.

Old 05-20-2004, 01:25 PM
Pro Rider

Ostrich,
Thanx for the feedback. I have ordered the Banks exhaust and K/N Cold Air intake. Now I just have to wait for someone to come up with the chip for that motor.

Old 07-20-2004, 09:12 PM
Pro Rider

Well I answered my own post. The banks was a nightmare. It didn't fit even though they said it was for the Armada it only fit the Titan. The manual even listed extra part numbers for the Armada but they don't exist. Banks admitted that they marketed and sold the product without even installing it on a real car! Anyway my dealer BTPerformance was awesome as they exchanged for the Borla straight up. It is on and sound and looks better than the Banks so I am happy.

PS The Nissan is an awesome tow vehicle!

Old 07-20-2004, 09:45 PM
Pro Rider

How does it tow your toy box? I know you didn't get the most positive feed back when you asked about towing with it.
How big is the trailer that you tow and how much does it weight loaded?

Old 07-20-2004, 11:29 PM
Pro Rider

those new Nissans rock, I was rolling down the interstate with the cruise on 85mph....and a dang titan pulling a 21' Stratos w/250 evinrude on the back flew by me doing at least 95 mph....I was in awe and will own 1 shortly

amazing power

Old 07-20-2004, 11:59 PM
Air Cooled Rider
Future Govenator of Kalifornia!

Originally posted by: Voodoothenoob
....and a dang titan pulling a 21' Stratos w/250 evinrude on the back flew by me doing at least 95 mph....
Where's Darwin when you need him?

Best Car Insurance | Auto Protection Today | FREE Trade-In Quote

Old 07-21-2004, 12:52 AM
Pro Rider

[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 07-21-2004, 03:02 PM
Pro Rider

Trasher,
I must say I was a little worried after getting the feedback. I know that everyone who gave me the feedback was looking out for my best interest and I greatly appreciate that. However I am, so far glad I stayed the course. I have had my 4 quads and 50 gallons of water in my trailer and climbed 3000ft. in 11 miles in 95 degree heat. The Armada was able to maintain 45 mph and the transmission and engine temp. just barely moved. It hasn't given me any scares going downhill as well which is good. I have been driving pretty conservatively because of the feedback on the forum which I think has helped alot. The only thing that has made me nervous is a strong cross wind. 35 to 40 is common where I live and I need to stay under 55 to feel safe when the wind is howling. My trailer is a 25ft. Tailgator XT (fiberglass side). It weighs 6358lbs and approx 8800 fully loaded, (quads, fuel, food and H2O). I must say again that Nissan has done an incredible job on this vehicle.

Old 07-21-2004, 08:27 PM
Pro Rider

Well, you know that your pushing it but at least you have used your head and slowed it down [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

That's still alot of weight for the tow rig!

Quick Reply: Borla or Banks Power exhaust?