Trailers, Toy Haulers, Motorhomes. Discuss Trailering, Toy Haulers, Campers and Motorhomes.

One-stop information resource?

Search this Thread

Old 06-26-2004, 03:13 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default One-stop information resource?

I've looked through the posts in this forum and couldn't find a related thread.

I'd like to know if there's a central source for toy hauler information. We want a trailer that sleeps four or more, with some amenities, provides floor space for at least two motorcycles, weighs 5,000 lbs. or less and is no longer than 21'.

The problem: I keep stumbling along and occasionally bump into one that seems promising, but have no way to compare that one to others. I bought Woodall's RV Buyer's Guide, but it was useless. Who are the manufacturers? What are the model names? HELP.

Ideas and/or directions would be appreciated.

Old 06-29-2004, 11:04 AM
Pro Rider

SLOCo mom, I graduated from cal poly so I know your area well. I miss that area! its a great place to live. anyway, I think the best way to buy a trailer is to go to a R.V. show and look around and compare the different features. Once youve decided on one, shop around. We went to the r.v. show in pleasanton and it was great. lots of selection. I know cal-expo in sacramento also has a couple of large r.v. shows a year. good luck.

Old 06-29-2004, 02:16 PM
Air Cooled Rider
Future Govenator of Kalifornia!

Here's a quick little article I found on buying a toy hauler. Includes some links at the bottom to about a 1/2 dozen manufacturers. Use google.com. Sometimes you have to wade through some cruft to find out exactly what you are looking for though.

With only being able to work with 5,000 lbs is gonna be tough. If you look around you may have seen some of my micro-novels on helping someone look at the weight issues in towing (that case was a Nissan Armada) and what needs to be calculated into it. Here's the thread. About halfway down the page. No doubt you've already read that. If you haven't, go and read it, plus any follow-ups.

My best guess is taking a little trip to Oceano and check out what you see people with down there. I'm going to say most of the trailers there are 21-26' with the ocassional really small and behemoth trailers.

Weekend Warrior seems to be noted as the best quality. Akin to Mercedes. Asking which is "the best", etc will only start flame wars akin to a Ford vs. Chevy debate.

If you are only looking to carry a couple of motorcycles (looks like road bikes from your signature) then I think most anything out there will do it. Same with the 2 little quads you have there as well. It's only when you try to carry 3 quads you run into trouble. Sleeping 4 should also not be too much of a problem if you look for one with a front pop-out bed.

Best Car Insurance | Auto Protection Today | FREE Trade-In Quote

Old 06-30-2004, 07:33 AM
Trailblazer

Try www.rv.net/forums and www.irv2.com Both have toyhauler sections. weekend warrior site: http://www.a1warriortrailers.com/pull.htm I think the problem will be the 5000# limit you have. I like the Thor Wanderer brand simply because they have an electric queen bed that can raise to celing height or lower to just a couple feet off the floor for easy use. You can also order another queen and have 2. They have 3 models that may work for you. 187TB, 197WTB and 207WTB. http://www.thorca.com/thor-wanderer-wagons.html