Trailers, Toy Haulers, Motorhomes. Discuss Trailering, Toy Haulers, Campers and Motorhomes.

Can you two doubles in Cali???

Search this Thread

Old 07-14-2004, 07:35 PM
Quad Patrol
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Can you two doubles in Cali???

BlackandRed, well said[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] Feel the same way. It's crazy what you will see out at Pismo. I hate to see anyone have a vacation ruined by an auto accident[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img] Let alone, one involving death. Been involved in too many as a Professional.
I don't claim to know it all. But, I try to educate myself in all areas and pass on what I know. If I am proved wrong, so, be it. I can accept that. The laws in this state are confusing sometimes. And I have been told, I have a knack for deciphering what the books actually mean.

Old 07-15-2004, 02:19 AM
Extreme Pro Rider
I'm Short and Very Ugly.....

BRAVO to rescuediver and blackandred, a couple of "common sense" guys with a "common sense" approach on how the real world of the road works. I wish all drivers had your feelings [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] I hate seeing accidents in any form [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-disgusted.gif[/img] [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/img]

Old 07-15-2004, 02:47 AM
Quad Patrol

Bigdaddy, Thanks

Old 07-22-2004, 11:47 AM
HA2
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

yeah...the towing speed limit in CA is 55mph. but i cant count how many duramax's and powerstrokes pass me with 30ft 5th wheelers doing 80mph on the way to glamis.

Old 07-23-2004, 03:24 AM
Quad Patrol

Originally posted by: HA2
yeah...the towing speed limit in CA is 55mph. but i cant count how many duramax's and powerstrokes pass me with 30ft 5th wheelers doing 80mph on the way to glamis.
I hear you on that. It's a little crazy to be going that fast. But, people do. My rule is to go as fast the big rigs. That's if I feel, it's safe to do so. Never exceed your comfort level. But, I know the speed limit is 55mph, no matter what and if I get caught, I'll be responsible enough to take my punishment[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 07-23-2004, 01:15 PM
HA2
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally posted by: rescuediver
Originally posted by: HA2
I hear you on that. It's a little crazy to be going that fast. But, people do. My rule is to go as fast the big rigs. That's if I feel, it's safe to do so. Never exceed your comfort level. But, I know the speed limit is 55mph, no matter what and if I get caught, I'll be responsible enough to take my punishment[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]
we like to montior the trucker channel on the way in to El Cajon into the mountains from San Diego to Glamis. You can hear them tracking the CHP Camaro SS down the 8 hehe. They dont like that particular CHP unit too much.

The absolute worst is when CARS cut you off on a grade and make u slow down and lose momentum and they then realize they dont even have the power to pass the person they got in the left lane for.

Old 07-23-2004, 11:02 PM
Quad Patrol

I bet they are a pain in the rear for truckers. Those camaros are awesome for CHP, having those low profile LED lights. Hard to pick them up now[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img]But, it works. Makes people think about driving a little bit safer.