Trailers, Toy Haulers, Motorhomes. Discuss Trailering, Toy Haulers, Campers and Motorhomes.

Towing question

Search this Thread

Old 07-25-2004, 03:20 AM
Super Quad Patrol
Smokes meat all the time!
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Towing question

wish I had a new 2500HD

oh well,,,,im pretty happy with my regular 2500 (96) for now ,,,,,its very good to me,,,,,and its payed for.

Old 08-01-2004, 03:59 AM
Extreme Pro Rider
Default Towing question

I agree with most others. Better to go to big than small or right at the limit. You want your vehicle to last, so don't make it work itself to death by maxxing it out. Except the diesels can handle running close to max a little better.

Trust me, I ran my Bronco at right close to the limit, if not maybe a little over, once in a while.
We just had to get all the quads to the dunes to play, really [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Well it bit me. I have 120,000 miles on my Bronco, and after all it is a ford (hehe, I figured somebody else would say that). So that could have had a part in my case. I blew out my tranny going up a nice hill, with trailer and quads in tow. Seem to be going ok, but I guess not. Probably to much weight. Got stuck 5 hours away from home, and no way to get there. That's a whole story that I won't go into [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img].

Good Luck, and don't be afraid to go big [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 08-03-2004, 10:37 PM
Pro Rider
Default Towing question

Originally posted by: BlackandRedWarrior
With the 6.0 V8 on a 2500 I would say stay around mid-20' (24'). Anything over nowadays and you're going to pop on the combined. And when you get into anything in the high 20s and above you'll push over 10,000GVWR on the trailer and trigger Class A licensing.
The GVWR on our 30ft Bumper tow is 9900lbs..

Old 08-03-2004, 11:12 PM
Air Cooled Rider
Future Govenator of Kalifornia!
Default Towing question

I always meant to ask you what your guy's was. You lucked out big time. Did you ever get your CA license? LOL

Best Car Insurance | Auto Protection Today | FREE Trade-In Quote

Old 08-03-2004, 11:37 PM
Pro Rider
Default Towing question

I always meant to ask you what your guy's was. You lucked out big time. Did you ever get your CA license? LOL
in the next 2 weeks.. lol

Old 08-04-2004, 07:04 PM
Quad Patrol
Default Towing question

Originally posted by: powerstroke01
powerstroke, Are you getting a Ca. Class A commercial or recreational? Or are you getting a license from NASA[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 08-04-2004, 09:50 PM
Pro Rider
Default Towing question

Originally posted by: rescuediver
Originally posted by: BlackandRedWarriorI always meant to ask you what your guy's was. You lucked out big time. Did you ever get your CA license? LOL
powerstroke, Are you getting a Ca. Class A commercial or recreational? Or are you getting a license from NASA[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]
My drivers liscence.. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-blush.gif[/img]

Still have my texas liscence.. ahhahah

i dont want to be a californian.. *runs around screaming*

Old 08-04-2004, 11:17 PM
Air Cooled Rider
Future Govenator of Kalifornia!
Default Towing question

It's not all that bad being a Californian......

Best Car Insurance | Auto Protection Today | FREE Trade-In Quote

Old 08-05-2004, 03:41 AM
Quad Patrol
Default Towing question

Originally posted by: rescuediver
Originally posted by: BlackandRedWarriorI always meant to ask you what your guy's was. You lucked out big time. Did you ever get your CA license? LOL
My drivers liscence.. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-blush.gif[/img]

Still have my texas liscence.. ahhahah

i dont want to be a californian.. *runs around screaming*
IS B&R chasing you[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Ok, in Texas you had George W. Bush but, we have The Governator of Calefor'nea. How could you not want to become one of us[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 08-05-2004, 03:50 AM
Super Quad Patrol
Smokes meat all the time!
Default Towing question

once in a while I see a 5th wheel tractor pulling a large tri axle 5th wheel trailer

now thats the way to do it

Quick Reply: Towing question