Trailers, Toy Haulers, Motorhomes. Discuss Trailering, Toy Haulers, Campers and Motorhomes.

Guasti Trailer?

Search this Thread

Old 12-27-2004, 06:44 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Guasti Trailer?

Has anyone ever heard of Guasti Trailer? I was surfing the net and stumbled on them. Apparently they have a 20' toy hauler that has no tongue weight, the trailer has some sort of independent steering thing, it has pullman beds that look like they give you lots of room and it supposedly has a dry weight of about 2600#! They are sending me some literature as I am in the market for a light weight toy box. Any other info or reccommendations on them?

www.guastitrailer.com

Thanks!

Old 12-31-2004, 10:12 AM
Weekend Warrior
Default Guasti Trailer?

katstoy, Did you ever get the info? I too am in the market and have been searching like crazy. Not interested in the sleeper models, just something to carry five quads. I am leaning towards H&H based on info reviewed in this forum. Happy Holidays.

Old 01-04-2005, 01:45 PM
Pro Rider
Default Guasti Trailer?

Nope, not yet. But I thnk that I am going to take a ride to their place and check them out. Whichever comes first, literature or the personal visit I'll keep you posted. From their web site looks like both of their models have bath and kitchens.

Old 01-05-2005, 11:34 AM
Pro Rider
Default Guasti Trailer?

I'me really waiting to see how this trailer stacks up. very interesting design, being a pull type trailer instead of a bumper pull or fifth wheel design.

Old 01-21-2005, 02:44 AM
Pro Rider
Default Guasti Trailer?

OK, here's the scoop on the Gusati Trailers. I went out to see them in person today. Great idea, flawed exection.

The models - there are two models that they make. One is a 20' regular toy hauler. It has three hard sided pullmans that pop out (one on each side and one in the front. It's heavy (too heaby for mhy tow vehicle) and based on teh comments most likely rings in at an over $20k price tag. The second model is called the Roadie. It's overall length is 24' from tongue to rear, with 20' beign the toy hauler. It is WIDE - 100". It is a great idea, but in my opinion is not ideal for weekends in the dunes or mountains.

The Roadie is like to Thor Pak Rat, 1/2 RV and the other trailer. However, the RV half is big. It opens up onto the deck. The deck has walls all aroudn it that come up about 3'. There is a canvas bikini top on the deck that comes with zip in screens, plastic windows or privacy canvas panels. The deck area is huge. You can fit at least 4 full size quads in there plus a dirt bike or two. The entire floor is a plastic material that in my opinion does not look finished. It has the appearance of a sub floor. But it supposedly is impervious to oil and gas spills and you just hose it out when you're done. I didn't like the tail gate lock. The tail gate drops down and bedomes a loading ramp. It locks on one side with a small latch. It seemed too weak to me. The bikini top folds up and out of hte way for travel. The deck area reinds me of a pontoon boat. In fact, the entire rig seems more like a boat on wheels than an RV or toyhauler.

The inside is roomy, but you have to go out on the deck to get to the head. The head is the roomiest I've seen on a small (20' or under) toy hualer. It is every woman's dream! The bed is a front tip out queen tent bed. The galley is very roomy with a large reefer. There's a nifty drinking water dispenser. it has a 5 gal bottle (think water cooelr bottle) that is attached to its own electic pump in the galley. You can get drinkgin water from a separate spigot onthe sink. It comes standard witha 3 burner stove and microwave. All of the storage areeas are wire bins on casters. There's only one cabniet which is under the bed.

Therea are some really cool things on this rig. A solar panel on teh roof to charge the battery, a drop down table on to the deck. It does not have any seating or tables (other than teh drop down on the deck) You need to bring yoru own chairs and the only place they'll fit is on the deck. There is also no furnace, they can install an AC and a generator compartment, but they wont' install a generator.

IN my opinion there are some really great features on this unit, but the idea is not perfected. First it is too bulky. It is too wide and long. THe idea was to build a light weight toy hauler for smaller trucks and for those of us who can't afford the big stuff. However, the Roadie can be made substantailly smaller and not sacrifice on room or function. Nect, it is too expensive. The price is abotu $14,700. For that I'd rather buy a Carson Fun Runner and have a real roof over my head plus a grand or two or three or fourt to take home. While the structural construction is awesome (tubular steel, not a strip of wood in the frame) the exterior could use a bit more polish and pizzaz.

The guy who makes them actaully owns or operates a company that makes canvas awnings for boats and RVs. (Maybe that's why the thing reminds me of a boat). He's been making them for about a year and has only sold two of them. Like I said, while the idea is great, what I saw today looks like someon made it in his garage. To gove the guy credit, it still was not totally finsished and I would hope that inthe two week time for delivery that it would be cleaned up and have some final finishing put on it. I was not impressed with the underside and access panels for sewer, water etc. The fit didnt' look professional. In my opinion he needs to take this idea and sell it to a big mfg. for the proper execution. There are some great standard features on this thing that I wish other toy haulers would have, but right now those feature dont' outweight hte other stuff. I'm going to most likely buy a Fun Runner Hope this helps!

Old 01-21-2005, 12:37 PM
Pro Rider
Default Guasti Trailer?

Did you get to tow in around or see it in action? I wonder how it handles the road

Old 01-21-2005, 02:00 PM
Pro Rider
Default Guasti Trailer?

No, it didn't appear to be fully ready. I would be afraid to tow it with my Jeep (Jeep Grand Cherokee v8 with facotry heavy duty tow package) not so much due to weight, but due to bulk. The thing is a pontoon boat on wheels. It weighs in at about 3400#, which is the UVW of a 16' toy hauler. I definitely think that the unit could be made more narrow by at least 12" and shortened by 2-3' and it would still be roomy. Then, there may be more of a weight savings and would make it easier to tow behind a smaller SUV or truck.

In my opinion this rig is best suited for day trips, maybe one overnight, somewhere where it doesn't get blazingly hot during the day or very cold at night. There's enough airflow through it to be pleasant. It seems the ideal is taking it to a beach or lake for water sports versus the extremes at the dunes - which is where I would be taking it.