Trailers, Toy Haulers, Motorhomes. Discuss Trailering, Toy Haulers, Campers and Motorhomes.

New hauler manuf.- american freedom

Search this Thread

Old 03-14-2005, 03:23 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New hauler manuf.- american freedom

[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img] sorry to hear about the problems yu had I will have to check out the problem with the couch and the sink.wood and water dont mix well.which couch,if your inside did you have problems with.Check this out,I went buy the plant on Thursday (3-10-05) to see how my hauler was coming along,I spoke with Doug and we went inside and mine was the fourth one from being done probably sometime this week.remember I didnt order mine with a generator, we where lookin at the shop order and I opened my big F-in mouth[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-frown.gif[/img]: and said " i didnt order a generator" ,it was marked on the order to put one in. My big damm mouth, I guess i am just to honest.They where insulating it when I was there and Doug guessed it would be done mid week. hopefully get to take it on its maiden voyage to Ocotillo Wells over Easter weekend.The bolts coming out of the wall on the couch sounds like they missed the stud in the wall.The leaky sink, was that because it was not tightened or what. Keep me posted on the warrenty work. It has a 1 year factory, I purchased the extra 3 year warrenty as well. How did the fridge,heater,water pump, hot water heater, ect work.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-cool.gif[/img]

1500 silverado
400 ex
450 ex
ttr 90
The dog ( sadie )
Shut up and ride it

Old 03-14-2005, 03:35 PM
Pro Rider

So far so good. I called the location where I bought it. They told me that I would have to take it to the factory. Within 5 minutes Doug called and I'm bringing it in tomorrow. He was just as concerned as I was about the sofa.

The reefer, water heater, pump, all faucets and shower heads and the cook top worked great. I did not fire up the A/C as I don't have a generator yet. I tried to start the heater in the early morning to take off the chill. It fired up but did not blow hot air. As it was still kind of dark out I could see somethin inside glow on then off on a regular basis, as if it were trying to start up. I only had minimal battery power left (one bar) so maybe that was the reason. After we came home and the batteries charged up again, it came right on with hot air.

I bought a second battery, but they do not have a real long life. We drove about one hour to our destination, and the batteries only charged up to 3/4, never full. I had to run my Jeep at least twice over a two day period to charge them again. Is this right? All I know is that I need to hurry up and buy my generator so I wont' have that problem over Easter.

Once I get the repairs done I'll let you know how they handled it. Like I said so far I am impressed.

Old 03-15-2005, 09:43 AM
Trailblazer

[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]:glad to hear that all the major appliances worked, thats what I hear gives people problems, Doug seems to be real good about takin care of the problems as well as listening to customer ideas.He should, its his product that we are buying, you dont want a bad rap in the industry, because there is so much competition out there. Let me know what happens and how they fixed it.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-cool.gif[/img]

Old 03-17-2005, 07:36 PM
Pro Rider

Well, am I impressed. Took the toy hauler in on Tuesday for repair, and it was ready first thing Thursday morning. The stud that the couch was anchored into came loose and the couch pulled out. It's fixed, sturdy and looks as good as new. They gave me a new tire(and rim), and since they couldn't duplicate the leak, just put in a new faucet to be on the safe side. Doug was very nice to work with and he made everythin right.

I also saved $125 too. At the dealer lot they wanted 299 for the rear ramp screen. I had asked the sales guys twice to put one in. They never did. So I just gave up on it as I didn't want to spend any more time in the PDI - installing the hitch took long enough. I figured that I'd either go back or get another after market one. I asked Doug if they could install one at the factory, that way I wouldn't have to wait. He said sure and quoted me 175 for the screen. Damn those sales monkeys!

Anyway, it worked out very well. We're most likely going to Ocotillo over Easter weekend. Theres' 2 21'corner bed rooms being finished out in the lot. They were putting on the outside graphics. All the cabinet work was done. The loft bed looked like that was next to be installed. Hopefully one of them is yours! If you either get it by next weekend or go to Ocotillo anyways, let us know and maybe we cant meet up and say HI, have a beer or two and let the kids ride together. THe more the merrier!

Old 03-21-2005, 09:11 AM
Trailblazer

[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img] Glad to hear that all went well with the repairs on your trailer. I was told that mine would be done Friday or early satuday morning buy this new sales guy named Brian. It figures he was wrong, I went buy the Riverside store and had them put on my grake controller ,then went over to talk to Doug and see what the problem was. My trailer is in the back finished but is missing a door on the outside for access to the fridge, that was minor, he said when the frames came they where missin a bracket for the mounting of the fuel station and he also wanted to install another cross member in the middle of the 110 gallon water tank that I had special ordered. Also the step was not straight when it was welded. Anyway he said the frame manufacturer was sending a guy over to fix it monday and even if the doors dont come in he'll take one off another trailer that is currently being made. He really is trying his best.So I am hoping Tuesday to pick it up.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-cool.gif[/img]

Old 04-07-2005, 04:31 PM
Pro Rider

WELL, DID YOU GET IT YET? Have you done your maiden voyage yet? Everything work out ok? Our next trip won't be until 4/22 at the Barstow poker run.

Old 04-07-2005, 05:00 PM
Trailblazer

[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img]I have not taken it out yet, I picked it up on 25th of March finally, I had some issues with the welding on the frame, they welded the step 6 inches off center and forgot to weld the mounting brackets on the frame for the other water tank.And it was missin a door for the outside access to the back of the fridge.Finally get it home and over this past weekend I went from one end to the other checkin things out. Pligged it in to 120 and everything worked great except the light in the bathroom does not work, but when i switched the fridge over to gas it would not light. the hot water heater worked, heater, ac,pump station ect. I tried several times to get it to start, even went back and read the instructions again all it would do is make a click sound on the left side of the fridge, its like the solenoid is not opening up and the igniter is not working, well I guess its part of gettin new stuff, I am going by their today to talk to Doug to see about bringing it buy on Satuday to look at it. He has to install the add-a-wall that I ordered for it anyway. If he can fix it I might go to pole line road in Ocotillo for the remainder of the day and part of sunday, we'll see. other than that its all good, I got underneath and taped the wire nuts with electrical tape so they wont vibrate loose. also look where your hot water heater is, there is some holes where the water line come into the trailer that i put some sealer around, i dont want critters coming inside. Hope to maybe meet some where and do some ridin soon.

1500 silverado
blown 450 ex
400 ex
TTR 90
21 FT FCB AMERICAN FREEDOM HAULER
" SHUT UP AND RIDE IT "[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-cool.gif[/img]

Old 04-12-2005, 01:19 PM
Pro Rider

How did last weekend go? Well I hope. I really really really wanted to go riding this weeked, but alas, other things to do. We are confirmed, however, for the Barstow Poker Run the weekend of the 23rd. The run is both Sat and Sun, but we won't be getting there until sometime Sat afternoon. At least two of us plan to do the Sun morning run; the rest are staying and playing at camp. Join us.

Right now there are two toy haulers, three adults and two kids (5 and 9). There may be four more adults and one more child (1). The staging areas are near the Slash X. I don't know where we'll be just yet.

Old 04-12-2005, 01:37 PM
Trailblazer

[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]Last weekend went great, I had Doug put on my add-a-wall and fix my pump station ( wired wrong ) and the igniter was bad on the fridge. I had it at the plant at 7:00 sharp and it was donr by 8:00, he is bad ***. There should be more people in this world like him.I left from their and went to Lake Hemet for the night, everything worked great.We dry camped it and the batteries held up great, we even ran the heater all night and we where still in the green on the monitor.I'm hoping to take a trip to Johnson valley maybe the weekend of 4-23, if all goes well.If you have not found a place for your sewer hose, i found one. I baught a sewer hose holder from camping world ( black ) and took some plumbers tape and mounted it right above the drain trape on the trailer. It really looks sharp. Doug was even impressed and is thinking of putting it on the upcoming trailers.Well hope you get to go to the poker run, thats something i have never been to, let me now how it was if you get to go.

" shut and ride it" [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-cool.gif[/img]

Old 04-12-2005, 05:26 PM
Pro Rider

you can also buy 4 in dia pvc pipe with 2 caps. one a screw on, and the other cemented, and about 2 ft of metel strip

drill pilot holes somewhere on your frame and mount it!

Quick Reply: New hauler manuf.- american freedom