Trailers, Toy Haulers, Motorhomes. Discuss Trailering, Toy Haulers, Campers and Motorhomes.

Dodge to come out with monster torque diesel

Search this Thread

Old 08-23-2005, 05:58 PM
Pro Rider
Has been here a long time!
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Dodge to come out with monster torque diesel

Originally posted by: 88Qracer

In defense of myself, and my post reguarding Inline versus "V" block, be patient, I know I have the paper to prove it around here somewhere. Oh, and Im not sure where DS engineer gets his info from, everyone I know gets just as phenominal milage from there 600. Although, now that I looked, your in california, Last I checked, the emissions out there were downright rediculous. Maybe that accounts for somthing.

Here ya go:
http://www.turbodieselregister.com/f...d.php?t=137555
http://www.turbodieselregister.com/f...d.php?t=133841

Compare those numbers to what guys are posting over at TheDieselPlace(GM) or TheDieselStop(Ford) and you will see they are very similar. I don't know what "secret paper" you have but its kind of hard to disprove what everyone is reporting for their "real world" numbers.

Old 08-24-2005, 10:26 AM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Although I obviously dont have the time DS has on his hands to dig up links, when i do get a minute Ill try and find the one im talking about.
The links you provided more or less reinforce my point, take a minute and average those numbers. Just as I said, under 2000 rpm, or 65 mph , CTD is putting down approx 19 mpg.
IN some cases more, in some cases less.

Show me a consensus of owners of ford or chevy getting those numbers. the V block is simply less efficient.
If you want to continue debating it fine, by the way , what do you drive? and how many of the 3 have you owned?

I have driven , owned , and worked on all 3. I chose to stick with the CTD because I drive a ton and while the others had there good features, highway milage wasnt one of them.
Oh and as for your guys with "real world " numbers, all I can say is sucks to be you, who knows , again maybe with your californy emissions?

Old 08-28-2005, 05:07 AM
Weekend Warrior

I have a 2003 Ford F250 crew cab long bed with the 7.3L and on a recent trip to Myrtle Beach SC I got 16mpg. That was running cruise most of the way in SC at 85mph on interstate and above 2000rpm. I was happy with that. I hate SC roads but you can really get-r-done compared to NC.

Old 09-14-2005, 10:15 PM
Pro Rider

This is kind of off topic, but these emissions guidelines are getting stupid. My neighbor works for Freightliner and they are pretty much having to completely redesign their trucks to fit in cadillatic converters. He had to go to a two week workshop thing just to learn the differences between the current generation trucks and the next generation trucks.