Trailers, Toy Haulers, Motorhomes. Discuss Trailering, Toy Haulers, Campers and Motorhomes.

LOOKING FOR TRAILER TO HAUL 2 QUADS

Search this Thread

Old 01-25-2006, 12:47 PM
Pro Rider
Is old enough to know better, but too young to stop.
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default LOOKING FOR TRAILER TO HAUL 2 QUADS

I know time has passed on this thread... First I think you must decide on whether you want an open or enclosed trailer. You can get into some serious cash when considering an enclosed trailer.. however there are benefits. First of all, is theft safety. If theives don't know what is in it, they might hesitate. Also, you can use the trailer as a tent for camping. A draw back is weight, and wind resistance. Wind plays a serious role in towing manners....

I'd also suggest you think of width. Narrower trailers that track behind the tow vehicle are safer and easier to tow.

If you choose an open style trailer, consider a side load. Triton makes several models that can handle several machines in a sideways configuration and include loading ramps that you can drive on-drive off with. Some ramps remove and stow, others fold up and help keep machines in place... The good thing about side loads is they generally are narrower with the above stated advantages.

If you can afford it, alluminum is the way to go. Lighter is always cheaper on gas and less stress on the tow vehicle.

Look at my personal pics if you want to see and absolute monster to tow... My Hemi Dodge struggles with it empty... and all because of the wind. Granted the box is 8 ft tall on the inside, which puts it way up there in the semi wind category, but you get teh picture of what NOT to do. Mine is for business purposes, and I have to have the height, but I would not consider something this big if I did not need it.....

Old 01-25-2006, 11:46 PM
Pro Rider

As you can see by my sig I have a Triton XT10-101 trailer....This is a great trailer........It is actually categorized as a snowmobile trailer but does a great job hauling 2 fullsize quads also......It has a tilt bed which I like because you don't have to worry about carrying ramps butI usually carry them anyway because sometimes the treated plywood bed gets a little slippery when wet or when the tires are muddy......The torsion axle is also a great plus because it is such a smoothe ride, whereas the leaf spring suspension is a little stiffer and bounces a little more.......All aluminum construction will last a long time......
John

Old 01-29-2006, 03:44 AM
Trailblazer

http://www.loadrite.com/ATV_Trailers/22/

Old 01-29-2006, 06:12 AM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: Dragginbutt
A couple words of wisdom on trailer buying. Always buy more trailer than you think you will need. Next thing you know, you will have a buddy wanting to ride with you and you need a spot for another. Or you might choose to put a tool box on the front of it etc.
Yes, I agree 100%

Old 01-31-2006, 05:56 PM
Pro Rider

I'd look for a trailer with a deck thats at least 6 ft wide and 14 ft long......that way you can haul 2 quads end to end or 3 quads crossways