Trailers, Toy Haulers, Motorhomes. Discuss Trailering, Toy Haulers, Campers and Motorhomes.

american freedom trailer

Search this Thread

Old 12-10-2005, 04:50 AM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default american freedom trailer

i just bought a sandstorm which is made by american freedom. it is same as the 17cb. has anyone who has this trailer had a problem with bunk ladder not fitting between the bottom fold out beds. the ladder i got is 12" wide but the space between the beds is only 10". if anyone has had this what did you do to fix it.

Old 12-10-2005, 10:44 AM
Red Rider
Honda, accept nothing less!
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Does American Freedom have a web site??? Can't find one............

Old 12-11-2005, 02:40 AM
Weekend Warrior

I don't know of any american freedom website. The only web site that I know of that you can see the trailors is usabankrepos.com

Old 12-12-2005, 09:24 AM
Trailblazer

Hello Funrdad I have a 21 ft. fcb model from American Freedom trailers. I have the same problem with the ladder. Other than that I am really happy with the trailer. Doug who runs the manufacturing end of the company in Riverside is a class act. I have had a few minor problems,and he has is really quick to fix it. There are a few of us on this forum which have purchased this rig. I looked for a long time before choosing american Freedom. The price was right and as far a construction they are built the same as all the competators. I toured the weekend warrior plant and the Thor plant , You are paying for the name. American Freedom has only been makin trailers for 2 years now so not alot of people have heard about them.Usabankrepos is the sole dealership that Doug uses, he and the owner of usabank repos are partners in the business. Like I said its a great trailer for the price sales them cheaper because they have very little overhead like the big manufactuers have.

American Freedom 21ft FCB
Chevy 2500 4 x 4 HD
440 ex
450 ex
500 predator
TTR 90
" shut up and ride it "

Old 12-14-2005, 05:28 PM
Pro Rider

I LOVE MY AF! I have the 17cb with, at first, no ladder issues. The configuration I bought was the two gaucho beds/couches, one on each side. The ladder fit perfectly between the two beds when they were both open. However, I have since "upgraded" to the dinette set on one side. The dinette set sticks out farther from the wall than the regular bed, so that the gap between the two lower bunks when both are open is about 6". Usually it's only two of us so either we both sleep downstairs or one up/one down and we don't fold out one side bed.

I agree with Blown, Doug is awesome. I have had a few warranty issues and he has taken care of them within a day, even had the dinette installed in less than two days. If you buy, get the add ons like the awning and rear screen from the factory as I was quoted about $100 more from the sales lot.

My issues were weight, as my tow vehicle is only rated at 6500#. I have pulled the 17' with full water, two quads and lots of beer with no problems. The weight on the AF's is lower than the WW and Carson, whihc are the other two brands I looked at. The AF was also the least expensive of the bunch, too. As soon as I can afford to upgrade to the mother of all trucks, I'm going to look at the AF fifth wheel!

Old 12-15-2005, 12:21 AM
Weekend Warrior

Well I fixed the ladder problem I went to Home Depot and bought two 8ft long 2x3's and 4ft long 1 1/4 inch wood dowel. I then cut the 2x3's to 66 inches, drilled four 1 1/8 inch holes in each 2x3, cut the dowel into 9 3/8 sections and hammered the dowels into the holes. It is very narrow ladder but in does the trick.
Does anyone have phone number that I could talk to Doug or someone at the factory? I am tired of waitng for the dealership I bought my trailer from to get the things they said they would make right done. From what I've heard everyone say about Doug I'm sure he'd fix my very minor problems.

Old 12-15-2005, 08:37 AM
Trailblazer

I can not seem to locate the number to the shop, but you can call the Riverside sales lot at 951 788-5546 and they will give it to you. The lot is like 2 miles from Dougs shop. If its minor repairs he will have it fixed in one day. The few times that I have had to take my trailer in I have taken it in on a Saturday morning and they have fixed what needed to be fixed first thing before they start working on the other trailers. So give Doug a call like a day before and let him know what is wrong and when you can drop it off.They are really quick to, I have never been ther more than an hour. I see you are from California, what part, Katstoy and myself are the only ones that I am aware of that have AF toy haulers. My family and buddies ride out in Joshua tree, Ocotillo wells, Hungry Valley. Keep me posted on your trailer and the trips and riding places.

21 ft A F toy hauler
400 ex
450 ex
500 predator tld
2500 chevy HD 4 x4 crew
TTR 90
2 dogs

" shut up and just ride it "

Old 12-15-2005, 01:49 PM
Pro Rider

The number to the factory is 951-276-1501.

Old 12-17-2005, 09:53 AM
Red Rider
Honda, accept nothing less!
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

How come they don't have a web site? Is the AF their light model? Any idea what the dry weight of your trailers is?

I am really impressed by the SuperLite Weekend Warriors, but would consider another brand if it were even lighter. But for now, I only have a half-ton truck, so I am holding off. I could afford a bigger truck or a trailer, but not both at once.

Old 12-17-2005, 10:24 AM
Trailblazer

Reconranger, I have a 21 foot AF itss dry weight is 5000 lbs. I used to pull it with a chevy 1500 with the 5.3 liter in it with no problem. When I ordered mine I also got and additional 65 gallon water tank, it come with one 65 gallon. I haul 2 quads and 1 bike. and on weekend trips about half full of water. water weighs 8 lbs per gallon. I did some figurin and I am pullin about fully loaded about 6500-7000 depending also on the amount of beer I bring.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] I just bought a 2500 4 x 4 HD crew cab with the 8.1 liter. now I have all the truck in the world and to small of trailer. it works for us, its just my wife and 2 girls ( 3 & 8 ). I looked as well at the superlites and yes they are nice but i believe they are a tad heavier, also they where about 3000 more than what I paid. I got mine for out the door for 18200. I had them put on 2 halogen flood lights on my entry door side, diamond plate across the bottom and front, no tv, microwave, HD 5500 lb axles ( really look at that when you buy a hauler get the 5500 lb ) add a wall plus some other stuff. I have buddies that have WW and there biggest complaint is the customer service and the time it takes to get repairs done. I have had a few repairs done to mine and Doug one of the owners at the riverside plant where they make them is just a class act. I take it in and he has repaired it in a matter of about 1 hour. If its a few fixes he'll put 2 or 3 of his guys on it so he can send you on your way. If you decide to get a AF he doesnt have a problem with you poppin in to watch the progress on it being built either. Oh the website he uses is www.usabankrepos.com . They are the only sellers of his trailers. Happy huntin and keep in touch.

2500 HD 4 x4 crew cab
400 ex
450 ex
500 predator TLD
TTR 90
2 dogs
" shut up and ride it " [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img]

Quick Reply: american freedom trailer