Trailers, Toy Haulers, Motorhomes. Discuss Trailering, Toy Haulers, Campers and Motorhomes.

Just bought my American Freedom

Search this Thread

Old 01-11-2006, 11:28 AM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Just bought my American Freedom

Hopefuly I get to pick it up this Saturday. I bought the 27' they had at the Riverside lot but I had another bed added and the screen for the back. My old Yukon would not pull it so I got to go out and buy an new truck. 2005 Dodge Quad Cab 4x4 CTD, it is lifted with 20" wheels and 35" tires.

I just wanted to say I made my decision based on this forum and going and talking to Doug (the owner) and Johnny (the salesman), both were really great to talk to. I highly recommend them.

Old 01-11-2006, 02:27 PM
Trailblazer

Congrats LIFT350 on trailer,did you by the one with the trick red tribal graphics on the side. Anyway I started the forum about these trailers about a year ago, I have the 21 ft front bed version that is fully loaded minus the tv. I had some added stuff done as well. Doug is just a swell guy, really easy to get things done with him, and Johnny well he's cool, just a little high strung. I live in Banning, keep me posted on the trailer. There are a few other people on this forum that have bought a AF and they really like the trailer and the price, well you now, it can't be beat. We have a trip planned for Buttercup dunes on Presidents day if your interested, we also have a spot up in Joshua tree that not alot of people now about that we go, its similar to Ocotillo wells as far as riding just not as big. welcome to the AF family.

Old 01-11-2006, 03:55 PM
Weekend Warrior

yes that is the one i bought. this is my first tow hauler so i get to learn how to do everything. my wife and i just got into quads so the only place that we have gone is Ocotillo Wells but we will be going to many more places.

Old 01-11-2006, 04:04 PM
Trailblazer

Lucky guy, that trailer is the same inside as mt 21 ft, when I bought mine all I had was a silverado 1/2 ton, so 21 ft was as big as I could get without hurtin my truck. Well now I have all the truck in the world, but wish I had at least a bit more trailer. Like I said about Doug he is great about taking care of any problems, if there is one you bring it to him and he'll fix it within a matter of minutes. They have another red one at the beaumont lot but it has a really small awning. Take care and keep us posted .

Old 01-20-2006, 05:55 PM
Weekend Warrior

I called the Riverside location today and asked for Johnny the person I talked to said that Johnny is no longer working there. Are the other salesman easy to work with? I was told a price of &24900.00 plus tax for a 25 ft frount bedroom with double queen bunk beds in the back. About the same price as a 25 ft ultra light ww out of Utah.

Old 01-20-2006, 06:09 PM
Administrator¿
Resident Killer!
"A little nonsense now and then, is relished by the wisest men". Willy Wonka: 1971
Cigars! Earth ne'eer did breed such a jovial weed.
A Tiger Doesn't Lose Sleep Over Opinions of Sheep
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Congrats on the new trailer. A vacation should be in order now???

Old 01-20-2006, 10:02 PM
Weekend Warrior

freebird
we are going to glamis on jan. 27. to try it out.

bam2003
i did not deal with any other salesman. when we first looked at the trailers nobody would help us at first because i am only 25 and they thought i was just looking. when they knew we were going to buy one they were all over us. johnny was cool at first but when he made the sale it seem like he did not care anymore. the finance guy had to show us were everything was at because johnny was not around. so i talk to doug (the owner of american freedom) and he told me to bring the trailer tomorrow and he would go through everything with us and fix some things on the trailer. doug is awesome i recommend talking to him if you have any questions on the trailers but he can't give you prices.

Old 01-23-2006, 08:18 AM
Trailblazer

Congrats BAM on the new trailer, Just Wow Johnny has left again, same thing happened to me also. Oh well the trailer is still awesome. LIFT350 have you takin out the new trailer yet, If so how was it.

Bam Just stick with dealing with Doug he will treat you right.

2500 HD 4 x 4 crew
blown 450 ex
400 ex
500 predator
ttr 90
21 ft AF toy box

Old 01-23-2006, 10:54 AM
Weekend Warrior

blown450
this weekend will be our first trip with the trailer and our first trip to glamis.

Old 01-26-2006, 12:56 PM
Pro Rider

Hello lift350 - congratulations on the new AF! I think you will totally love it!

I have the 17' and it is great! However, I just bought a new truck that can pull a lot more hauler than the 17' and I'm gettin the itch to go bigger. You have the one with the corner front bedroom, right? Is there storage on the outside under the bed area? Does it have an oven/microwave? I'm tired of hauling out a generator and would really like a fuel station. The 17' is too small for the built in. I'd like to get the front corner bedroom, but the weekend warrior front bed room is also pretty sweet. However, I like the build and customer service of the AF.

I took my new truck to an RV dealer to have my brake controller installed, the service guy knows the brand, his brother in law has one and he is impressed. He said, in a very low voice as they don't sell the AF there, that it was a real good toy hauler.

Hope your first trip was great!

Quick Reply: Just bought my American Freedom