Trailers, Toy Haulers, Motorhomes. Discuss Trailering, Toy Haulers, Campers and Motorhomes.

trailer for transporting people?

Search this Thread

Old 02-02-2007, 02:13 PM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default trailer for transporting people?

No harm to anyone, as I think we all can enjoy a little humor. Probably what threw us off was the variety of text used in your reply.
[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]
Scooter,

I didn't like how the "highlighted" statement presented itself either. On another forum that I contribute to, "highlight" is a combination of "bold" and "Italic" text options; not a solid black background. It really came on too strong, so I've edited it out.

Boy, I'm going to have to work on my humor too. I chucked as I read both yours and Freebird's Ron White lines. As Ron is my favorite living comic (my wife and I actually caught his act long before he hooked up with foxworthy), I ran with the subject lines.

As off-road rescue trailers are tools used by rescuers with specialized training in how not to let it roll off the cliff in the first place, it only rolls to the scene of Ron's crash, if it is safe enough to do so.

Also, when I wrote the closing lines I tried to incorporate more from his story. But the line "I hope the pilot crashes hard, 'cause I don't want to be limpin' away from this sucker!" just didn't fit. So I closed with:

As Ron White also says, "I bet we'll even beat the Paramedics there by 20 minutes!" Well, if the medics arrive on an ATV or Snowmobile pulling a rescue trailer, at least they will have a better chance at hauling him out and saving a life.

"I'll drink to that!"

Both bold lines are straight from Ron. Oh well, at least I didn't quit my day job before taking up comedy writing.

[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

PS,

I wonder if vin007 ever found an ATV trailer he can use for transporting people?

Old 02-03-2007, 01:39 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: Scooter86
Here is an option click
I have emailed the company twice and still don't know what one of these cost. Apparently they don't want to sell them, just advertise.

Old 02-03-2007, 03:51 PM
Range Rover

<blockquote>Quote
Originally posted by: flyinscrammy</end quote></div>

&lt;blockquote&gt;Quote
"I have emailed the company twice and still don't know what one of these cost. Apparently they don't want to sell them, just advertise."</end quote></div>

Who did you send the email to, Equinox &lt;a target=new class=ftalternatingbarlinklarge href="http://eqnx.biz/atv/atvcoach.html"&gt;click&lt;/a&gt;, about their "ATV Coach" or All Terrain Res-Q &lt;a target=new class=ftalternatingbarlinklarge href="http://www.allterrainresq.com/...ml"&gt;click&lt;/a&gt; about their ATV & Snowmobile rescue trailers?

Here's an email link for Equinox, [E]mailto: info@eqnx.biz[/E].

Here's a link for more info on All Terrain Res-Q Trailers:
CLICK here to check out All Terrain Res-Q Trailers

Good luck.

Old 02-04-2007, 05:15 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: flyinscrammy
Originally posted by: Scooter86
Here is an option click
I have emailed the company twice and still don't know what one of these cost. Apparently they don't want to sell them, just advertise.
I just emailed them as well. I hope they are relatively inexpensive. It looks like a great way to transport my little ones through the dunes without the cost of a $10K Rhino or a $40K sand buggy. My 727 Raptor wouldn't even notice that behind it.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 02-04-2007, 09:26 PM
Range Rover
Old 04-08-2007, 12:47 AM
Range Rover

Cutshin Fire and Rescue hauls 3 off trails during first day using ATV Rescue Trailer

CUTSHIN VOL. FIRE & RESCUE
Leslie County, Kentucky
Sunday, April 1, 2007

In preparation to provide Emergency Medical Services support to the upcoming "Leslie County Hare Scrambles" off-road racing event on Sunday, April 1, 2007, on Tuesday Cutshin Fire and Rescue called ///EMERGENCY EQUIPMENT in Kenton County, KY. Chief Michael Joseph requested an ALL TERRAIN RES-Q TRAILER be delivered in time to be placed into service prior to the event. Fortunately, they had a new ATR-2 Res-Q Trailer in stock and delivered it Wednesday evening. On Thursday, volunteer members of Cutshin Fire and Rescue, familiarized themselves with the new trailer as they equipped it with the necessary medical and rescue gear needed for back country emergencies. With several experienced ATV operators in the department, on Saturday, Cutshin's personnel practiced towing the rescue trailer with their newly acquired Suzuki 500 Vinson 4X4 ATV. Finally, at 8:00 AM Sunday morning, 10 Cutshin Fire & Rescue members, including 9 Firefighter / EMT's staged the ATV and rescue trailer at the Kentucky Hare Scrambles Championship Series event being run on the Daniel Boone Trails, outside of Hyden, Kentucky, and awaited calls for assistance.

They didn't have to wait long. Around 9:30 AM, a 9 year-old boy took a spill on his junior-mini motocross bike and suffered a possible broken foot about a mile up the trail. Cutshin Fire & Rescue personnel responded; arriving on scene just 5 minutes later. After stabilization and being loaded onto the all terrain rescue trailer, the boy was safely transported by Cutshin's ATV Rescue Team back down the trail to a waiting ambulance. A Cutshin Fire & Rescue BLS ambulance transported the boy to a local hospital for treatment as the ATV Rescue Team returned to the staging area.

In between calls requiring ATV Rescue Team response, Cutshin EMT's provided first aid to riders suffering less severe injuries. Several minor cuts, scrapes, bruises and burns were attended to until their next dispatch at about 1:30 PM. Cutshin Fire & Rescue personnel received a report of a 37 year-old woman who went off the trail on a 250cc racing motorcycle, hit a tree and continued over an embankment, ending up over 70 feet below in a creek bed. The accident scene was 5 miles out from the staging area and the victim was reported to be lying in the creek complaining of an injury to her knee. Cutshin's ATV Rescue Team responded, and arrived within 20 minutes of dispatch. By utilizing a steep narrow side path, they were able to get the 4X4 ATV and rescue trailer to within 70 feet of the victim. Once on scene, the basket stretcher was removed from the off-road trailer and carried over the embankment to the victim. After packaging, additional Cutshin rescuers carried the victim up the embankment and loaded the patient onto the rescue trailer for transport back to the ambulance staging area. The difficult 5 mile return trip took under 40 minutes, which included a brief period of pushing the ATV and rescue trailer up a particularly steep and muddy stretch of the trail. Back at staging, a Cutshin Fire & Rescue BLS ambulance transported the woman to a local hospital for treatment. The total run time took less than one hour. After the incident, Mr. Deron Rambo, a Paramedic responsible for overseeing emergency services during all Kentucky Hare Scrambles Championship Series [http://www.kyharescramble.com/] events stated:

"This rescue would have taken 4 to 5 hours had it not been for the speed and agility of Cutshin's ATV Rescue Team and All Terrain Res-Q Trailer."

The final haul out of the day was a 47 year-old man who suffered a leg injury after losing control of his racing ATV on the trail. While he refused transportation to a hospital for his injuries by Cutshin's ambulance, he accepted a ride to his pick up truck in their new all terrain rescue trailer. Cutshin's ATV Rescue Team transported him approximately one quarter mile off the trail and into the parking area to his vehicle. It's believed he drove himself to the hospital from there.

After our experience with the All Terrain Res-Q Trailer during this first day of ATV Rescue Operations, I would encourage any department with the need to perform remote area rescues to do what you have to purchase this equipment. We called the All Terrain Res-Q dealer on a Tuesday, took delivery of the trailer on Wednesday, equipped it on Thursday, trained with it on Saturday, and used it 3 times on Sunday. Our county is similar to other rural areas where riding and racing ATV's and MotoCross bikes has become very popular. As such, the 4X4 ATV and All Terrain Res-Q Trailer have become vital additions to our remote area rescue capabilities.

If any department needs additional information about our ATV Rescue Team, please call or write:

Chief Michael Joseph
Phone: 606-279-6453
Cutshin Vol. Fire And Rescue
PO Box 2
Yeaddiss, KY 41777

or

Email us at:
cutshinfiredept668@yahoo.com

Old 05-04-2007, 04:27 PM
Pro Rider

Thanks. When I saw Costco I sure got excited!!! $2,200???? HOLY CRAP!!!!! Guess I'll just buy another 4 wheeler! Or one of those new TJ Powersport 250cc go karts..... $2,200??????????

Old 05-04-2007, 11:04 PM
Range Rover

"Thanks. When I saw Costco I sure got excited!!! $2,200???? HOLY CRAP!!!!! Guess I'll just buy another 4 wheeler! Or one of those new TJ Powersport 250cc go karts..... $2,200???"

Their product liability cost is probably driving the per unit price.

Are you looking for an ATV trailer for work? Play? Or, Rescue?

BTW: Here's one not far from you near Park City, UT.

Park City FD "Special Operations" uses All Terrain Res-Q Trailer at scene of snowmobile wreck.

Old 05-05-2007, 12:51 PM
Pro Rider

We have a 3 year old, so that has slowed us down quite a bit. If we put her on a quad in front she falls asleep after about 1500m, so you end up holding her for the rest of the ride. I've been looking for a safer way to transport her during the rides. I don't want to buy her a gas power quad yet, she has a 12v powerwheels quad that she gets around on great, but I'm not ready for the step up for her. I've looked at the 2 person chineese go karts, and now that they have a high/low forward range selection I think it's the way I'll go. Plus, I can slide them into my garage on my trailer using car dollies as long as I stay under 94", which is the rear door width. Thanks for the help though.