Trailers, Toy Haulers, Motorhomes. Discuss Trailering, Toy Haulers, Campers and Motorhomes.

towing with a dodge

Search this Thread

Old 10-28-2006, 09:39 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default towing with a dodge

WoW! I have 102k on my 97 Ram 4X4 and not a problem. Towed with it frequently and it has more off road miles than 99% of the trucks in this forum and I haven't had any problems. My neighbor has a 97 Dodge with 180k, he just changed the front, rear diff, transfer case and transmission fluid for the first time........... He hasn't had any problems either. Maybe you were just unlucky. by the way, did I mention the teenage son???? still haven't had any problems, it's one of the reasons that I purchased the 04 Cumins.......

Old 10-29-2006, 12:23 AM
Trailblazer

Originally posted by: LittleBill
Originally posted by: Tripleshot
I just got rid of a 2001 Dodge 2500 4x4 Deisal with an auto tran because at 142k miles, it couldn't pull a 28 ft 9600lb trailer more than 40MPH on flat ground. I had all the fluid flushed before that pull. I upgraded to 2006 Dodge 5.9 cunmmins with a 6 speed stick and pulled that trailer coupled with a 23 ft flat loaded with a rhino and 5 quads at 80MPH up hill. I had to be pulling at least 13,500LBS if not more. My kids and friends passed me with fully loaded 40ft weekend warriors loaded the same way, only there rigs where chipped and putting out 450 HP or more.

Get a good truck and screw an auto. I don't even like the allison 6 speed. Ever wonder why 18 wheelers use standard trannys? Case closed.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]
drive 80 mph towing, and have your friends pass you? Your a Fu*king Idiot. stop trying to compensate for your lack of a dick before you kill someone moron

and if you even knew jacksh*t about 18 wheelers, you would know they are switching to Auto's more and more every day

wow i swear people are getting stupider every day

OK punk. You can run your mouth all you want but if you were within my reach, you would be picking your teeth up off the ground for your rude and uncalled for remarks. And to set the record straight, 8 years of over the road, long haul experience and 1,500,000 miles gives me more knowledge of trucking than your ever going to get . I was an owner operator for those miles. I paid for repairs and budgeted for all expenses, and no damn carrier is using wossy allisons for hauling freight. Allisons are for hauling light weight passengers in a greyhound bus. You show your ignorance when you attack someone without knowing anything about them. You could have expressed yourself without a personal attack, but since you started this crap, I'll finish it now. BTW, spedlimit here is 75. Doing 80 is damn common in this area. Stuff it, quaker boy.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-disgusted.gif[/img]

Old 10-29-2006, 02:40 AM
Range Rover

Originally posted by: flyinscrammy
WoW! I have 102k on my 97 Ram 4X4 and not a problem. Towed with it frequently and it has more off road miles than 99% of the trucks in this forum and I haven't had any problems. My neighbor has a 97 Dodge with 180k, he just changed the front, rear diff, transfer case and transmission fluid for the first time........... He hasn't had any problems either. Maybe you were just unlucky. by the way, did I mention the teenage son???? still haven't had any problems, it's one of the reasons that I purchased the 04 Cumins.......
Maybe I was just unlucky. I loved everything about that truck except having to fix it all the time. Our deer camp is about three miles from the road and you can't get back there with out 4x4. We had trucks stuck going in and out every year. I could hit 4 high and practically idol all the way to camp and I never got stuck one time. And I pulled my race car for one season with it. The track is only about twelve miles from home. Could hardly notice it was there. The dealer did tell me that the intake gasket was a common problem with that 5.9 but never said anything about the tranny. I guess I just got a bad one, huh. Oh well, I miss it but I sure don't miss those problems.

Old 11-07-2006, 12:06 AM
Pro Rider

Sorry about the lemon. They are out there..... Guess my 97 gets a new paint job, swerved to miss a cow and hit a reflector pole. For those that aren't in snow country, they are around 3 1/2 ft tall, made of metal and have a reflector on top. THis way you can see where the road is in a snow storm. Anyway, got the fender, door, mirror, cab and bed. Didn't miss a thing........

Old 11-07-2006, 02:18 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: LittleBill
I just got rid of a 2001 Dodge 2500 4x4 Deisal with an auto tran because at 142k miles, it couldn't pull a 28 ft 9600lb trailer more than 40MPH on flat ground. I had all the fluid flushed before that pull. I upgraded to 2006 Dodge 5.9 cunmmins with a 6 speed stick and pulled that trailer coupled with a 23 ft flat loaded with a rhino and 5 quads at 80MPH up hill. I had to be pulling at least 13,500LBS if not more. My kids and friends passed me with fully loaded 40ft weekend warriors loaded the same way, only there rigs where chipped and putting out 450 HP or more.

Get a good truck and screw an auto. I don't even like the allison 6 speed. Ever wonder why 18 wheelers use standard trannys? Case closed.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]
drive 80 mph towing, and have your friends pass you? Your a Fu*king Idiot. stop trying to compensate for your lack of a dick before you kill someone moron

and if you even knew jacksh*t about 18 wheelers, you would know they are switching to Auto's more and more every day

wow i swear people are getting stupider every day

OK punk. You can run your mouth all you want but if you were within my reach, you would be picking your teeth up off the ground for your rude and uncalled for remarks. And to set the record straight, 8 years of over the road, long haul experience and 1,500,000 miles gives me more knowledge of trucking than your ever going to get . I was an owner operator for those miles. I paid for repairs and budgeted for all expenses, and no damn carrier is using wossy allisons for hauling freight. Allisons are for hauling light weight passengers in a greyhound bus. You show your ignorance when you attack someone without knowing anything about them. You could have expressed yourself without a personal attack, but since you started this crap, I'll finish it now. BTW, spedlimit here is 75. Doing 80 is damn common in this area. Stuff it, quaker boy.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-disgusted.gif[/img]

buddy i was otr for 5 years, with about 650,000 miles under the belt, so don't give me you have more driving experience than i'll ever had, i also was a diesel mechanic for 3 years

lol your going to beat me up, yep really showing your maturity level there, give me a break

speed limit for towing is not 75 either, but you know everything

Utah:

Towing Law Administration: 801-965-4508
Maximum Speed Limit: 65
Maximum Dimensions for trailer: 40'L x 8'6"W x 14'H
Maximum Length with Trailer: 65'
Minimum Weight requiring Separate Trailer Brakes: N/A
Trailer Equipment Requirements:
Safety Chains:Y
Brakelights:Y
Taillights:Y
Clearance Lights:Y (If over 80" wide)
License Light:Y
Turn Signals:Y
Reflectors:Y
Flares:N/A
Breakaway Brakes: Y (Over 3000lbs)
Tiedowns:Y
Two Trailers:Y
Insurance:N/A
Wide Trailer Permit Phone Number: 801-965-4508

have a great day jackass

Old 11-23-2006, 01:03 AM
Pro Rider

and if you even knew jacksh*t about 18 wheelers, you would know they are switching to Auto's more and more every day That is so girls can drive em. They dont use allisons in otr trucks. Some fleet dump trucks run allisons. The otr autos that are out are still a manual box with a clutch pedal, but once you let the clutch out and start moving the computer takes over and shifts the trans for you. I have some buddies that have the auto shift and like them, but I give em crap and tell em that real men shake a stick.

Old 11-23-2006, 01:11 AM
Pro Rider

When I used to run out to the west coast from Minnesota, the speedlimit was 75mph from the nebraska line 454 miles to wyo. 402 miles across wyo. Pretty much 75mph till you hit the california line, then you had 55mph and it sure felt like you were crawling.