Trailers, Toy Haulers, Motorhomes. Discuss Trailering, Toy Haulers, Campers and Motorhomes.

GMC and CHEVY durmax

Search this Thread

Old 02-16-2007, 08:23 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default GMC and CHEVY durmax

Hey guys I know that the silverado classic is done after this year. Also the sierria will gm put the new diesel in the new chevy and gm 1500? And will it be better than the new ford??? Any information.

Old 02-16-2007, 08:32 PM
Pro Rider

I also heard that that they will start to put a diesel in the chevy 1/2 tonz... I dont know what litre it will be, but i cant qite justify gettin 1. Sure you got a diesel with lots of torque and power, but a 1/2 ton can only take such a load. And for the time being and probably for qite a while diesel cost more than gas here. Soon some SUV's will have a diesel motor in it. I pro for this and a 1/2 tons diesel is towin you holiday trailor or horse trailor better... i guess that is the purpose.

Old 02-16-2007, 08:37 PM
Pro Rider

Gm is behind in big trucks now. I hope they are successful in diesels like the 1500

Old 02-16-2007, 11:29 PM
Pro Rider

Roger that

Old 02-16-2007, 11:59 PM
Range Rover

Originally posted by: rtboy
Gm is behind in big trucks now. I hope they are successful in diesels like the 1500

For your information, GM is the leader in truck sales, and have been for many years. The misconception is that Ford has had the best selling truck for many years. I will explain this.

If you notice, Ford classifies all of their trucks as F series. This includes F-150, F-250, F-350, F-450, F-550, etc.. But they compare this to the Chevy Silverado only. If you take all of Gm's light truck line, which includes Chevy Silverado, GMC Sierra, and the work truck line, GM far exceeds Ford sales. So to say GM is behind in trucks is an inaccurate statement.

Old 02-17-2007, 12:23 AM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: rtboy
GM has had several months in the last couple of year that they have outsold Dodge in the Diesel market. GM is doing fine in the work truck market since the inception of the Duramax/Allison combo.

Buck

Old 02-17-2007, 01:49 AM
Pro Rider

Here are the top ten bestsellers in America for 2006, based on data published by Automotive News.

1. Ford F-Series 796,039
2. Chevrolet Silverado 636,069
3. Toyota Camry 448,445
4. Dodge Ram 364,177
5. Honda Accord 354,441
6. Honda Civic 316,638
7. Chevrolet Impala 289,868
8. Toyota Corolla 272,327
9. Nissan Altima 232,457
10. Chevrolet Cobalt 211,449

Source: Automotive News Data Center

I dont think 'far exceeding ford' is acurate. GMCs figures arent here b/c they are like 150,000 or less. Fleet sales are usually included in all of these figures.

The diference btwn the f-series and chevy silverado is about 159,970. Ford still out sold GM, though not by much. They have for the past 30yrs. Im not hating on GM, but even GM doesnt dispute this in ANY advertisement or publication on the planet. If they do, please find it. Ive always thought GM should combine the truckline stats but they dont in any marketing campaign.

I had a 99 Chevy Silverado z71. very good truck other than a tranny replacement (still going strong though) and I wish i would have kept it. I just wanted a change and I bought into the hype of Toyota and made the mistake of the century and dont think i'll buy another one. Very over rated and overpriced. I hope the new tundra falls flat on its stupid looking ****. Those new chevys look good and the new heavy dutys are going to kick butt as well. GM is def in the upswing now with better products, a better warranty, and an undeniable better marketing department than any other OEM right now... I just hope ford gets it right to to show everyone that the hype of toyota is just that - hype. According to the chart, i see more chevys on there than anything, so GM/american stuff isnt doing as bad as the media says.
By the way, toyota had more recalls than GM or Ford...but did that make front page news??

Ive heard good and bad about duramax and powerstrokes, but id prob buy a duramax b/c i like the way the chevy/gm truck handle as opposed to the seemingly over assisted steering of the fords. I know they arent sports cars, but thats personal preference, so to each his own...

i really dont think GM is going to buy Chrysler as in the headlines today. theres no point in it. what would they gain?

Old 02-17-2007, 09:24 AM
Range Rover

Originally posted by: twentycharacters
Here are the top ten bestsellers in America for 2006, based on data published by Automotive News.

1. Ford F-Series 796,039
3. Toyota Camry 448,445
4. Dodge Ram 364,177
5. Honda Accord 354,441
6. Honda Civic 316,638
7. Chevrolet Impala 289,868
8. Toyota Corolla 272,327
9. Nissan Altima 232,457
10. Chevrolet Cobalt 211,449

Source: Automotive News Data Center

I dont think 'far exceeding ford' is acurate. GMCs figures arent here b/c they are like 150,000 or less. Fleet sales are usually included in all of these figures.

The diference btwn the f-series and chevy silverado is about 159,970. Ford still out sold GM, though not by much. They have for the past 30yrs. Im not hating on GM, but even GM doesnt dispute this in ANY advertisement or publication on the planet. If they do, please find it. Ive always thought GM should combine the truckline stats but they dont in any marketing campaign.

I had a 99 Chevy Silverado z71. very good truck other than a tranny replacement (still going strong though) and I wish i would have kept it. I just wanted a change and I bought into the hype of Toyota and made the mistake of the century and dont think i'll buy another one. Very over rated and overpriced. I hope the new tundra falls flat on its stupid looking ****. Those new chevys look good and the new heavy dutys are going to kick butt as well. GM is def in the upswing now with better products, a better warranty, and an undeniable better marketing department than any other OEM right now... I just hope ford gets it right to to show everyone that the hype of toyota is just that - hype. According to the chart, i see more chevys on there than anything, so GM/american stuff isnt doing as bad as the media says.
By the way, toyota had more recalls than GM or Ford...but did that make front page news??

Ive heard good and bad about duramax and powerstrokes, but id prob buy a duramax b/c i like the way the chevy/gm truck handle as opposed to the seemingly over assisted steering of the fords. I know they arent sports cars, but thats personal preference, so to each his own...

i really dont think GM is going to buy Chrysler as in the headlines today. theres no point in it. what would they gain?
Here it is And to top it off, as I stated earlier, they are not adding the entry level "Work Truck" sales into this count either. Why GM does not combat Fords statement, I don't know. All I know is I see alot more GM trucks on the road than Ford.

BTW did you know that 95% of all Ford trucks made since 1970 are still on the road today. 5% made it home[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]:

Old 02-17-2007, 01:16 PM
Pro Rider

that article looks familiar. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

"the GM offerings are currently leading the Ford F-Series by just over 50,000 units."

ok. not trying to start a pissing match but my point was 'far exceeding' was seemingly too much. i would consider far exceeding something like the gap btwn dodge and chevy. and how do you know they are not counting wt in the mix? a unit is a unit -stirpped down or maxxed out. a silverado sold as a wt, lt1, lt2, or ltz is still a silverado (unit) sold. same with f-series. xl or xlt or fx4 or harley edition, king ranch - they're just trim levels of the variants of the 'same unit' and would be considered in overall sales of that unit. i havent found any sales figures that break it down by trim level. In that chart, they didnt break it down of how many of each variant of the leading models were - just the total # sold. If you sell houses and end up selling 4 a month are you going to not count the samller or less expensive houses? i think youd count them all. same if you sell cars - a sale is a sale; it's a unit moved off the lot.

Old 02-17-2007, 01:43 PM
Trailblazer

Originally posted by: twentycharacters

1. Ford F-Series 796,039
Perhaps a comparison of Ford Trucks to General Motors Trucks would be more appropriate? Even Ford Trucks vs GMC would produce much different results.

I, too, see many MANY more Chevy/GMC trucks driving on the road than Fords. If you count the number of Fords stuck in a mud puddle or broke down on the side of the road, it might be slightly different. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Perhaps if Ford's Engineering Department didn't have to answer to their Marketing Department, they'd make better trucks.

Quick Reply: GMC and CHEVY durmax