Trailers, Toy Haulers, Motorhomes. Discuss Trailering, Toy Haulers, Campers and Motorhomes.

Anyone use a twin snowmobile trailer to haul two ATV's? Opinions? Experiences?

Search this Thread

Old 05-08-2007, 04:25 AM
rv
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Anyone use a twin snowmobile trailer to haul two ATV's? Opinions? Experiences?

thats all i ever use is my sled trailor or sled deck to haul my quads arounld works fine for me!

Old 05-08-2007, 10:42 AM
Canadian and Proud of it !!!
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Anyone use a twin snowmobile trailer to haul two ATV's? Opinions? Experiences?

Thats all I use my sled trailer for as well. It has an 8' x 10' deck. We load 2 quads forward and 1 sideways. This still leaves room for the bar-b-que and the giant cooler.

Old 11-02-2007, 11:09 PM
Ride like you own it, Not like it's stolen!

Well I also use a snowmobile trailer........8.5 wide x 10 long......

I am posting this (I know it's a old thread).......just to give some of you that use the newer style sled trailer with the center thread ski--tie down not the rod and pin type a little tip I did to make loading and anchor my quads ALOT quicker!!!

I put two threaded eye bolts in where the center ski anchor usually goes(double nuts on bottom) and instead of using straps on the front of the quads, I use CHAIN!!!.......The chain is only about 12" long with two hooks with clasps on them.

This way I drive the quads on the trailer snap the chain to the eye hook on the trailer the other to the front hook on the Sportsman (low attach point on Polaris) and simply put the quad in Reverse the quad squats abit in the front which makes the chain tight.

Then the back of the quads just gets straps.

One thing to remember here is that if you break or loose a rear strap,You will not loose your quad off the trailer, If you break of loose a front strap , the quad can roll back far enough to fall off the back of the trailer!!!........This way the heavy chain will still keep the quads on the trailer even if you loose both rear straps....

I little bit of insurance for me and my Quads......

Old 11-14-2007, 04:48 PM
Pro Rider
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I just run the straps across the tires not to the frame ,that way ,there anchored down . and the frame can move around , but the machine stays put .have done it for years and never had a machine move on me

Old 11-14-2007, 06:24 PM
Ride like you own it, Not like it's stolen!

Across the tires ....on a Flat deck snowmobile trailer??.............Caper........

Old 11-15-2007, 09:17 AM
Pro Rider

if the tires are ratched down where is it going to go ? i've seen plenty of straps come loose from the frame when you hit agood pot hole .

Old 11-15-2007, 09:21 AM
Pro Rider

the only problem is Snowmobile trailers don't have enough tie down points

Old 11-20-2007, 08:11 AM
ptl
Weekend Warrior

A trick to hold a tie down in place, if you hit a big bump. Is to throw a bungie cord from hook to hook on your tie downs. Then there is always tension on them.

Old 11-20-2007, 09:29 AM
Pro Rider

that would help ,but still feel safe haveing it across the tires ,i've only had a strap come off once and that ws because it was old and broke ,shouldn't have been useing it ,I new better ,but the ATV still stayed in place with the other strap across the tires

Old 11-28-2007, 04:00 PM
Weekend Warrior

Well this is my 2 cents. On a 2 place sled trailer go with at least 12 in. tires. The 8 in. are nothing but trouble. The tie points. I put ibolts threw the front, 3 one in the middle & 1 half way on each side. An 8x trailer will work fine the wheelers are tight together. An 8.5 gives plenty of room. I have had a 8x8 & it worked fine just tight. I just bought a 8.5x10 Yaht Club & am very happy with it. It doesn't bounce around when loaded & towes great. My previous trailer was a 8x8 Thor & I had nothing but tire & bearing troubles it had 8 in. wheels. Ounce I went with 12 in. wheels no problems. Far as tow vehicle I have a 05 Silverado but my wife uses it with 2 wheelers behind her 06 chev. uplander ( a minivan) & has no problems. I also tie them down with 1.5 in. rachet straps front & rear pull down the suspention it works for me. well theres my opinion.