Trailers, Toy Haulers, Motorhomes. Discuss Trailering, Toy Haulers, Campers and Motorhomes.

Diesel guys

Search this Thread

Old 09-19-2007, 01:55 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Diesel guys

Sorry I couldnt find the old diesel thread.

I just pulled the trigger on a new 07 dodge 6.7 quad cab. I spent considerable time in all the big three trucks and the dodge came out on top. I think I got a good deal (35k). I forgot what a pain in the a$$ buyin a new rig is. Anything I need to look out for in terms of wear or service. I got them to throw in lifetime oil and filter changes. Also want to level the front and get rid of the stock tires and go bigger and better tires. Any suggestion on tire size vs fuel economy? Not planning any engine mods as of yet. Doesnt look like theres much out there anyway for the 6.7 quite yet any way. Any advice?

Old 09-19-2007, 02:03 PM
Elite Pro Rider
Default Diesel guys

I don't have any advice but congrats.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 09-19-2007, 02:30 PM
Pro Rider
Default Diesel guys

Give Crash a call later on. The front leveling kit and the whole larger tires thing are right up his alley. He has used a few different ones, and has some good road advise that comes with..... And congrats aswell.....

Old 09-19-2007, 02:59 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Default Diesel guys

I am running a leveling kit and 315/70 on stock 17" rims on my '04. That setup didn't hurt my fuel economy or my power noticably.

I did eventually have the computer recalibrated by the Dodge dealer to account for the larger tires. That actually improved my shift points and my mileage.

That 6.7 has so much power, I couldn't imagine the need to chip that thing, lol.

Old 09-19-2007, 03:01 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Default Diesel guys

Strike that! I didn't mean to say stock 17" rims. I have wider aftermarket rims but they are stock 17" diameter.

Ok, Carry on! lol [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 09-19-2007, 03:11 PM
Elite Pro Rider
Default Diesel guys

hey does anyone one know any tricks for the ford 6.0 power steering we put bigger tires on ours and it was a pain in the -well you get the point we have a set of35- 20"s in the garage because it was such as pain to steer.

Old 09-19-2007, 05:07 PM
Administrator¿
Resident Killer!
"A little nonsense now and then, is relished by the wisest men". Willy Wonka: 1971
Cigars! Earth ne'eer did breed such a jovial weed.
A Tiger Doesn't Lose Sleep Over Opinions of Sheep
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Diesel guys

It's in the truck and toy hauler section. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 09-19-2007, 05:39 PM
Weekend Warrior
Default Diesel guys

Congrats! Just wondering, are you covered under the new "lifetime warranty" ? I know it doesn't apply to the SRT models, but what about diesels?

Old 09-19-2007, 09:50 PM
Pro Rider
Default Diesel guys

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: DSNUT

I am running a leveling kit and 315/70 on stock 17" rims on my '04. That setup didn't hurt my fuel economy or my power noticably.

I did eventually have the computer recalibrated by the Dodge dealer to account for the larger tires. That actually improved my shift points and my mileage.

That 6.7 has so much power, I couldn't imagine the need to chip that thing, lol.</end quote></div>

Im not really the type to modify anything. I just like it to look pretty[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] LOL!

I figured I would have to have the speedo recalibrated. Didnt think that it would changed the shift points but that does make sense. Your not kidding about the power, I think this truck would pull the bottom out of a ditch. This is my first diesel and my first Dodge so Ive got some learnin to do. They made a dealer trade out of portland and Ive been waiting for a couple of days now to pick it up, Hopefully tomorrow.

My 01 chevy has just about had it (160k) Springing leaks, squeaks, thunks, thuds ect ect. Im envisioning as I pull away from the dealership in my new ride the scene from Blues Brothers when the car falls to pieces. About time I didnt get screwed on a trade LOL![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 09-19-2007, 09:57 PM
Pro Rider
Default Diesel guys

no lifetime warranty on the diesel trucks. Standard 36mo bumper to bumper and 100k on the engine. Would have benn cool though for sure!

Quick Reply: Diesel guys