Trailers, Toy Haulers, Motorhomes. Discuss Trailering, Toy Haulers, Campers and Motorhomes.

Ford P/U

Search this Thread

Old 06-11-2008, 08:53 PM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ford P/U

I know this is out of line on a quad and a kids forum at that but does anyone know or work on Ford's ? In particular an '03 F150 I have an unusual electrical problem I think I need help with

Old 06-11-2008, 09:41 PM
Weekend Warrior
Default Ford P/U

not sure give me an idea of what is happening and I may an idea of what is going on. I can may can put you on the right track.

Old 06-11-2008, 10:28 PM
Range Rover
Default Ford P/U

OK , this is strange to me. I went out the other day to clean out my pick up and noticed the fan was on low, the key not in the ignition. I have an overhead information console with temp and a compasss on it. The over head was giving readings also. I turned the fan switch high and the fan went into high as it should . Still the keys arent in the ingition. I started pulling fuses and the console went out and stayed out but the fan is on yet on any speed.But it turns off and on with the keys out. If I should turn the key on and turn off the fan and the take the keys out .The fan is then dead as it should be. But if I leave the fan on and pull the keys the fan works on the A/C side and the heat side,But it still shuts off when I turn the fan switch off .
I cant find any fuses for the A/C, heater fan or relays to pull they arent listed in the owners book as to location .
A very puzzleing situation. The pickup is a '03 F150 super cab short box. and a V6 .4 speed overdrive tranny .
Got any ideas ?

Old 06-12-2008, 12:35 AM
Weekend Warrior
Default Ford P/U

I would say a short somewher in the electrical possibly from a rat chewing on the wires or any number of things that has a wire either hot all the time or grounded out when it shouldn't be. I have no idea where to send you looking for I would probably start by following the wires from the overhead since you said pulling the fuse for it killed it. You know you have something from there to the fuse thats not right.

Old 06-12-2008, 10:50 PM
Trailblazer
Default Ford P/U

There are problems with the interior fuse box that can cause the issues you are having.