Trailers, Toy Haulers, Motorhomes. Discuss Trailering, Toy Haulers, Campers and Motorhomes.

Combo ATV / PWC Hauler

Search this Thread

Old 07-08-2008, 11:33 AM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Combo ATV / PWC Hauler

Howdy yall,

I am just looking for a little trailer purchasing advise. I am in need of a trailer (preferably aluminum) that will haul two ATVs and two Seadoos at once. I have looked high and low and not found any mfgs tha make such a thing. I have mocked this idea up on my freinds 4 place triton snowmobile trailer. When it's loaded it's fine, but take the quads off the front it will darn near lift the back end of the truck off the ground. I always end up filling the truck bed with camping gear and coolers so not much use there for a quad(s). Does anyone know of any trailer manufactures that would make such a trailer? Or any ideas at all for that matter? I have toyed with the idea of moving the axles on a snowmobile trailer to accomodate the loading but I would like that to be my last resort.

Thx,

beerseason

Old 07-13-2008, 07:23 PM
Pro Rider

That sounds like a challenging issue to resolve
Have you thought of making the PWC rack on wheels that can be secured to a trailer
This could resolve several issues
Loading and unloading PWC in and out of trailer and water
Weight shift when Quads not on trailer they can be moved forward
Possibly look at the small trailer/hand carts used for the snowmobiles and figure out how that can be used to raise and lower PWC on small hold rack
Just some thoughts may be a simple resolve
Good luck
Ray

Old 07-16-2008, 05:50 PM
Range Rover

That 4 place trailer, 2 ski's on one side and 2 wheelers on the other. Instead of 2 loaded front and 2 back. Make one long 2x4, braced all the way up the trailer as needed. Wanted to really put forth the effort, definitly a crank to slide the first one forward, but maybe one that rotates up for the second. Since the 2x4's will be raised it can hide under there to load the first one. A bracket on the back side of the middle crank to tie down the back of the first ski and one/both quads. AS for unloading, I'd think it being on a loading ramp in the water, the incline and a buddy would be enough to unload it.

Just a thought?

Old 07-16-2008, 07:58 PM
no1
Trailblazer

on pop up campers there are stabilizers on the front and back, they drop down from the frame to the ground. why not fab. stabilizers for the back of the trailer that will come to with in 3 inches of hitting the ground. This will allow you some clearance for the ramp while keeping the back of the truck from getting to light while unloading. A stabilizer could be as simple as a piece of square tube stock welded vertically on the outside back of the frame. Then find a piece of square tube stock that will fit inside the piece that is welded on the trailer. When the longer inside piece is 3 inches off of the ground clamp it and drill a hole through both pieces for a pin. Then repeat the process with the stabilizer in the up position for traveling.

Old 07-19-2008, 06:15 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

Here I figured this thread would be about how to haul your PWC/Qaud combo...

Quadski

Old 07-19-2008, 07:13 PM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Try www.diamondbackcovers.com. Maybe this would work for ya. Hauls two atv's, leaving room underneath cover for storage and then haul the pwc's on a trailer.

I have seen some homemade jobs that haul both. Maybe get with a local welding/fabricating shop and see what ideas they would have.

Old 04-06-2009, 01:32 PM
Range Rover
Old 04-06-2009, 07:09 PM
Range Rover
Thumbs down

What about altering a pontoon boat trailer? quads up front or on one side and PWC's on the other side or in the back... just a thought