Trailers, Toy Haulers, Motorhomes. Discuss Trailering, Toy Haulers, Campers and Motorhomes.

Getting a Nissan Titan Crew Cab Pro-4X

Search this Thread

Old 02-11-2009, 10:16 AM
Extreme Pro Rider
Mopar Man!
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Getting a Nissan Titan Crew Cab Pro-4X

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: Scootergptx

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: DODGE57HEMI

Don't believe everything you read! </end quote></div>

True, I mean Obama is gonna fix everything.</end quote></div>

LOL Exactly! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 02-11-2009, 10:39 AM
Super Moderator
Well, golly JimBob!
Received 54 Likes on 54 Posts

Glad I'm not waiting for Obama to fix everything. As Ronald Reagen said, "The most feared words in the English language are, ""I'm from the government and I'm here to help."" I'm waiting to hear how long it will take to get from NJ to here. I knew about the Chrysler/Nissan partnership. I know when Isuzu partnered up with GM things started to go downhill. I hope this doesn't happen to Nissan. That was part of my reasoning to get the Nissan now. At least I know it's all Nissan. Not saying Dodge puts out a shabby product. I've never owned one. But, I and my parents have owned Nissans and they've all been fantastic. Mine was an 85 4x4 bone stock. I even bought my own outside mirrors and mounted them. It had a heater and a stick shift. I put 147,000 miles on it with huge loads for a small pickup and it cost me a whole $75 other than maintenance items and things like tires, a battery, and a muffler. (They didn't make em out of stainless steel back then.) I really wish my American pickups had treated me half as well. I had an F350 Crew Cab 4x4 with the 7.3L diesel. For the 2 winters I owned it, it went through 5 heater cores. I ended up driving around wondering when I was going to smell antifreeze again. Traded that in after they fixed the truck when the engine oil cooler puked antifreeze. I drove it for 8 more months with nothing going wrong and traded it in with a clear conscious. The GMC 2500HD 4x4 was more costly. Transmission needed to be replaced at around 80,000, needed both emergency brakes replaced, right side exhaust gasket, airbag system problems, and various other little irritations. I'm hoping Nissan is as good as they were in 85. My feeling is that they are even better. And to top it off it is made in Mississippi. I believe both the Ford and GMC were made in Canada. I'm happy just waiting for it to come.

Old 02-16-2009, 10:22 AM
Super Moderator
Well, golly JimBob!
Received 54 Likes on 54 Posts

Well, I'm not getting the Nissan after all. I was going to wait until today to pick the truck up as the salesman I got the deal from was out on Fr, Sat, and Sun. My wife got a visit from the HR guy a half hour before she was going to head out the door for the weekend. They laid her off. No warning, just, "we've decided to outsource your work". At least they gave her 6 months severance. So, new truck is on hold until she gets a new job or I get a settlement for my back injury. As Job said, "the Lord gives and the Lord takes away, blessed be the name of the Lord". To put it in perspective I have a very good friend dying of cancer and know another guy who is in intensive care because the lining in his lungs is hardening. I don't have it bad.

Old 02-16-2009, 10:32 AM
Supersock
Hired Gun!
"Badges? We don't need no stinkin' badges!"
Received 170 Likes on 169 Posts

Sorry to hear the news about the wifes job Moose. My wife is scheduled to have her last day in April. At least the company gave her a good severance package as well.

Perspective is a good thing to have at times like this. Told my wife, when I got laid off from my last job, they didn't even hold the door for me.

Old 02-16-2009, 02:25 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sorry to here about the Wife's job. I think you have a good perspective on things.

For future reference, I have an 08 Nissan Frontier quad cab. Love it. Nissan makes a nice truck. I couldn't do the full size b/c I was moving to Chicago when I was buying. It's hard enough to park my mid-size truck!!