Trucks and Towing, All Makes and Models. Discussion on all makes and models of trucks and towing.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Ford Crew cabs w/7.3 Diesel

Search this Thread

Old 06-18-2008, 10:46 PM
Quad Patrol
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ford Crew cabs w/7.3 Diesel

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: Whitewater

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: Trasher

How far do you have to drive to go riding?

For me it's about 2 hours to the desert. I sure wish we had some mountain riding around here[IMG][/IMG]</end quote></div>

I live in the desert so I can ride from the house, and the mountains are only 15-minutes away...so for the most part, it's not too bad. However, the in-laws are a few hours away, and they expect us to head thier way a few times a year. I only get about 7 mpg pulling my fiver and atv's.[IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif" border="0[/IMG]

I'm currently having issues with the man truck. It's sluggish off the get go...blowing black smoke till I get to about 20 mph. I changed the fuel filters and air filter, but I think my turbo is going bad. What do you guys think?

BTW, there is a local auto dealer touting that he has a system for diesel trucks that will get you 50 mpg. I'm wondering if he's installing pedals on the floor.[IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif" border="0[/IMG]</end quote></div>

Sure sounds similar to what my buddy had going on with his PSD. Sounds like the turbo's variable vanes are not working properly[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img]

[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img] must be putting pedals in for all the occupants.

Old 06-18-2008, 10:48 PM
Quad Patrol

[Yes they are[IMG][/IMG] How's the family? The youngin' hasn't shot their eye out yet, have they[IMG][/IMG]</end quote></div>

The family is doing well. The kids are getting big. I now have two in High School.[IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-frown.gif" border="0[/IMG] I wish they would stay young.

How about you?</end quote></div>

Like you kds are getting older. Oldest goes off to college in Aug. I now have a child in college, in h.s. (junior) and junior high (seventh grade). I am now officially old and poor[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/img]

Old 06-19-2008, 03:23 PM
Pro Rider

Yeah, I hear ya there. The gas prices are making me poor...it sucks. Yesterday I met with the Lt. Governor, and he didn't have any answers for Utah.

Old 06-19-2008, 05:51 PM
Pro Rider

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: rescuediver

[Yes they are[IMG][/IMG] How's the family? The youngin' hasn't shot their eye out yet, have they[IMG][/IMG]</end quote></div>

The family is doing well. The kids are getting big. I now have two in High School.[IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-frown.gif" border="0[/IMG] I wish they would stay young.

Like you kds are getting older. Oldest goes off to college in Aug. I now have a child in college, in h.s. (junior) and junior high (seventh grade). I am now officially old and poor[IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif" border="0[/IMG]</end quote></div>

Got you beat[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img] 2 in college, one in HS, and the last in MS[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img]

I am accepting donations to my PayPal account to help pay for all that[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Better get off here now and go sell something......[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-cool.gif[/img]

Old 06-20-2008, 03:53 AM
Quad Patrol

Yeah, I hear ya there. The gas prices are making me poor...it sucks. Yesterday I met with the Lt. Governor, and he didn't have any answers for Utah.</end quote></div>

When I talked to the Lt. Governor (Bustamante) few years ago, he had no answers either. Just a typical politician[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/img]

Old 06-20-2008, 03:54 AM
Quad Patrol

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: Trasher

Like you kds are getting older. Oldest goes off to college in Aug. I now have a child in college, in h.s. (junior) and junior high (seventh grade). I am now officially old and poor[IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif" border="0[/IMG]</end quote></div>

Got you beat[IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif" border="0[/IMG] 2 in college, one in HS, and the last in MS[IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif" border="0[/IMG]

I am accepting donations to my PayPal account to help pay for all that[IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif" border="0[/IMG]

Better get off here now and go sell something......[IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-cool.gif" border="0[/IMG]</end quote></div>

[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img] Damn you're old[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

LOL!

What did you sell? A piece of azzz[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/img]

Old 06-20-2008, 11:09 AM
Pro Rider

Well fellers, it looks like I have a blown head gasket.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img]

Old 06-20-2008, 11:23 AM
Pro Rider

Well fellers, it looks like I have a blown head gasket.[img][/img]</end quote></div>

:frown[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img]

Is it under warranty??? Did a head bolt break and caused the problem?

Old 06-20-2008, 12:04 PM
Pro Rider

I'm not sure what caused the problem. I can't get an "official" diagnosis until next week. Of course, I have to haul it 100 miles to a reputable stealership. It's dripping fuel/antifreeze out the muffler (blowing black and white smoke). And yes, it only has 58K miles on it so it still has a powertrain warranty...unless they say that red dye fuel voids the warranty.

Old 06-20-2008, 06:24 PM
Air Cooled Rider
Future Govenator of Kalifornia!

Yeah, I hear ya there. The gas prices are making me poor...it sucks. Yesterday I met with the Lt. Governor, and he didn't have any answers for Utah.</end quote></div>

When I talked to the Lt. Governor (Bustamante) few years ago, he had no answers either. Just a typical politician[img][/img]</end quote></div>

Cause there's really not much they can do. You gotta get the nit witts in the legislature, or Congress to do something. Lt. Gov. don't do much.

Was listening to some guys on a local ham channel talking. About died laughing when he mention Pacific Graft & Extortion. Anyways, you use less power and they run to CPUC for a rate hike to make up for lost revenue. And they make all their revenue on transmission, not production.

There's talk of building a nuke plant down here. I'm telling my grandkids (when/if I have any) to not hold their breath. They need to start doing something. Diablo Canyon only has about 20 years left on their license.

As for oil and gas, who knows.

Best Car Insurance | Auto Protection Today | FREE Trade-In Quote

Quick Reply: Ford Crew cabs w/7.3 Diesel