Trucks and Towing, All Makes and Models. Discussion on all makes and models of trucks and towing.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Ford Crew cabs w/7.3 Diesel

Search this Thread

Old 10-12-2006, 12:51 AM
Quad Patrol
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ford Crew cabs w/7.3 Diesel

Originally posted by: Trasher
Hello??? anyone here................. (blows dust off keyboard)

I have a hard time believing everyone has been hard at work and can't jump in here. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

This new division manager job has been really got me hard at it but I just had to pop in and say Hi.
It's been crazy at work[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img] We've been helping the Bakersfield office on their jobs and of course, they needed it done yesterday[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img] By the time I get home, take care of kids and homework[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img] No time for hte wifey and I[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-frown.gif[/img] It's time to go to bed and do it all over again.

Old 10-12-2006, 12:52 AM
Quad Patrol

Yeh, I know. Toyo/ Festis/ One fly is kinda in reverse most of the time but I still think he's been dropped on his head a couple of times too many [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]
And hit upside the head even more[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 10-12-2006, 12:56 AM
Quad Patrol

I did take the truck in for some service today, front ends been shaky, found out the ball joints have excessive play in them, especially the left side[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img] Anyone know of any good aftermarket ball joints? I'd be looking, also need to get the brakes done[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img] on top of that, PSD's going into the body shop next week[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] to fix the wife's damages[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img]

Old 10-12-2006, 01:16 AM
Quad Patrol

LJ, I see your over at dieselstop forum also[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 10-12-2006, 01:16 AM
KTM Patrol
Former Chinese POW!
Received 46 Likes on 45 Posts

Hi PSD, In case you havnt heard. My son and I got laid off (fired) 1 week or so ago. Then a couple days later, we got hired by our former boss's, former partner. The new job is so much better than the old one. This is one of the few companies that actualy does care about their employees. Im too busy to post all day, but the day sure goes by fast.

RD, Im going to be at carnegie this Sunday with the 250 Jetmoto quad if you and the girls are interested. Its #2 of 6 in the country right now. Id like to run the quad 6-8 hours straight.

Old 10-12-2006, 01:49 AM
Quad Patrol

Originally posted by: mywifesquad
Hi PSD, In case you havnt heard. My son and I got laid off (fired) 1 week or so ago. Then a couple days later, we got hired by our former boss's, former partner. The new job is so much better than the old one. This is one of the few companies that actualy does care about their employees. Im too busy to post all day, but the day sure goes by fast.

The LORD works in mysterious ways[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

RD, Im going to be at carnegie this Sunday with the 250 Jetmoto quad if you and the girls are interested. Its #2 of 6 in the country right now. Id like to run the quad 6-8 hours straight.
6-8 hours[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img] your butt sure is going to be sore[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] I'll have to see what's on the agenda, If I have my trailer by then, maybe it'll be it's maiden voyage[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

You stiill up for Pismo on the Oct 21/22?

Old 10-12-2006, 01:52 AM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: rescuediver
I did take the truck in for some service today, front ends been shaky, found out the ball joints have excessive play in them, especially the left side[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img] Anyone know of any good aftermarket ball joints? I'd be looking, also need to get the brakes done[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img] on top of that, PSD's going into the body shop next week[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] to fix the wife's damages[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img]
Most of the aftermarket balljoints are good. I prefer Moog if available. Do yourself a favor while doing the brakes and flush out the Hyd. system with new fluid. This is one of the most over looked item and you can benefit the most from, essp. towing all the time.

Old 10-12-2006, 01:55 AM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: mywifesquad

Glad to hear that you got hooked up with a new job already[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] Just do a great job and make your old boss really regret letting you loose[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 10-12-2006, 01:56 AM
Quad Patrol

I was doing a search on f250 ball joints[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img] and look what I found[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img] f250 ball joints It was number 9 on the hit list! I came full circle[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] LOL!

Old 10-12-2006, 02:14 AM
Quad Patrol

Originally posted by: rescuediver
Most of the aftermarket balljoints are good. I prefer Moog if available. Do yourself a favor while doing the brakes and flush out the Hyd. system with new fluid. This is one of the most over looked item and you can benefit the most from, essp. towing all the time.
I seem to be finding Moog almost everywhere I look. I take it get the ones that can be greased? Is this something that I can tackle in the garage? Or is it best to have a mech do it? Also, is there anything else I should replace while I am at it? I know that can be a bad question to ask[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img] And thanks for the tip on the Hyd system[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Quick Reply: Ford Crew cabs w/7.3 Diesel