Trucks and Towing, All Makes and Models. Discussion on all makes and models of trucks and towing.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Ford Crew cabs w/7.3 Diesel

Search this Thread

Old 06-17-2008, 01:24 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ford Crew cabs w/7.3 Diesel

The cruise was great...no Montezuma's. However, don't ever SCUBA dive without proper training. Sheesh...the 10-minute video didn't cut it.

Oh, I went on a whitewater trip on the Colorado over the weekend.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] The water is high and fast this time of year.

And I hear ya on the fuel prices. The truck is spending a lot more time parked in the garage. It sucks...I just bought a new fiver and can't afford to haul it anywhere. My siblings were joking with me tonight that they are going to park all there rigs in my back yard, and we will just start to camp here at the house.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 06-17-2008, 01:26 AM
Pro Rider

I just looked at my pics...I think I need to update them a bit. They are old.

Old 06-17-2008, 04:54 PM
Pro Rider

How far do you have to drive to go riding?

For me it's about 2 hours to the desert. I sure wish we had some mountain riding around here[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img]

Old 06-18-2008, 02:19 AM
Quad Patrol

Hello to everyone[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Around here we are paying $4.86 to $5.39 for fuel[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/img] It sure has put a damper on going places[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img]

However, we have a Pismo trip planned for July 6-11th[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] Even with taken fuel costs in account[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/img] It's a cheap vacation[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 06-18-2008, 02:20 AM
Quad Patrol

Creator, daughter is starting at Concordia Irvine in August. So, I'll be traveling that way a few times a year, maybe we can hook up one time[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] Went down there last month and met DeeDawg who is on this forum[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] Nice guy.

Old 06-18-2008, 02:22 AM
Quad Patrol

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: Whitewater

I just looked at my pics...I think I need to update them a bit. They are old.</end quote></div>

Yes they are[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] How's the family? The youngin' hasn't shot their eye out yet, have they[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img]

Old 06-18-2008, 10:50 AM
Pro Rider

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: Trasher

How far do you have to drive to go riding?

For me it's about 2 hours to the desert. I sure wish we had some mountain riding around here[img][/img]</end quote></div>

I live in the desert so I can ride from the house, and the mountains are only 15-minutes away...so for the most part, it's not too bad. However, the in-laws are a few hours away, and they expect us to head thier way a few times a year. I only get about 7 mpg pulling my fiver and atv's.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img]

I'm currently having issues with the man truck. It's sluggish off the get go...blowing black smoke till I get to about 20 mph. I changed the fuel filters and air filter, but I think my turbo is going bad. What do you guys think?

BTW, there is a local auto dealer touting that he has a system for diesel trucks that will get you 50 mpg. I'm wondering if he's installing pedals on the floor.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 06-18-2008, 11:00 AM
Pro Rider

[Yes they are[img][/img] How's the family? The youngin' hasn't shot their eye out yet, have they[img][/img]</end quote></div>

The family is doing well. The kids are getting big. I now have two in High School.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-frown.gif[/img] I wish they would stay young.

How about you?

Old 06-18-2008, 12:43 PM
Air Cooled Rider
Future Govenator of Kalifornia!

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: Whitewater

[Yes they are[IMG][/IMG] How's the family? The youngin' hasn't shot their eye out yet, have they[IMG][/IMG]</end quote></div>

The family is doing well. The kids are getting big. I now have two in High School.[IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-frown.gif" border="0[/IMG] I wish they would stay young.

How about you?</end quote></div>

Before you know it you're gonna be Grandpa Hoss. LOL

Best Car Insurance | Auto Protection Today | FREE Trade-In Quote

Old 06-18-2008, 01:01 PM
Pro Rider

Yeah, don't remind me.

Quick Reply: Ford Crew cabs w/7.3 Diesel