Trucks and Towing, All Makes and Models. Discussion on all makes and models of trucks and towing.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Ford Crew cabs w/7.3 Diesel

Search this Thread

Old 03-25-2005, 02:07 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ford Crew cabs w/7.3 Diesel

Originally posted by: rescuediver
LT, that's great[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] Now, is it like a little brother or sister[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/img] If it's a sister[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] You don't get to ride it[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img]
Lil sistah!

Old 03-25-2005, 02:20 AM
Range Rover

Originally posted by: OneFlyCowboy
Well, for a Post Ho[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img] I'm sure the computer system knows EXACTLY, what you want to do[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Festus, No I didn't try the next size jet. So, I take it the jets go up higher in number, as the the size increases? So, if I have a dyno jet #134 in now, do you know the next size? 138? I have sizes 130, 126 and 122.
yes they get bigger as the number gets bigger. But souds like your talkin about main jets. Im talkin the pilot jet. the mains only affect 3/4 to wide open the nidle is the middle 1/8 to 3/4 and pilot is your idle area. like my raptor had 22.5 pilots stock and now i have 25 pilots in it. i cant remember what pilots i have in the warrior. the main is like a 260 [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img] she's a drunk and not on alcohol [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]
how did your raptor act when you nail the gas with 22.5 in it???????? tell me the rest of the setting so i have a starting place mine seams rich

Old 03-25-2005, 02:22 AM
Quad Patrol

Originally posted by: Trasher
Glad to hear you got her fixed up[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]
Thanks, I was having my doubts[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] It definately turned out to be more, then I thought it would[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img] Good thing about it, my daughter[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] was right there beside me[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] Soaking it all in, on top of doing a lot of the work herself[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 03-25-2005, 02:23 AM
Quad Patrol

Originally posted by: powerstroke01
LT, that's great[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] Now, is it like a little brother or sister[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/img] If it's a sister[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] You don't get to ride it[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img]
Lil sistah!
[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 03-25-2005, 02:25 AM
Quad Patrol

mstr, I just posted over in the Ca. thread. You going to Carnegie this weekend? I plan on being there Sat. morning. I thnk MWQ is also going to be there.

mstr, saw your reply over in the Ca. thread. See you next week at Miami[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 03-25-2005, 11:14 AM
KTM Patrol
Former Chinese POW!
Received 48 Likes on 47 Posts

Festus was right[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img] Did I just say that[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] j/k
The guy is real sharp when it comes to modded thumpers.

Thanks to everyone for all your help[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img] Especially MWQ, without your replies, I would of pulled my hair out[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] You helped me keep my sanity, EVEN, if it was for a short time[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]Thanks Again Guys, You ROCK[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]
Any thing I can do to help. My pleasure. No one has ever told me that I rock before. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 03-25-2005, 01:20 PM
Monkey Rider
Afro-Engineer
FREE AND NOW are the best

IT IDLES[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]
Festus was right[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img] Did I just say that[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] j/k
...I can order the jet and wait[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img] Or, drill it out[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] Well, I had nothing to loose, so, after finding the right bit that "just" wouldn't fit in, which is a 1/16 bit, I drilled it out. Cleaned the crap out of it[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] Put it all back together. Turned the idle screw 3 out and the pilot screw 2 out. After messing with it a little, it idles at 3 1/4 on the idle screw and 1 3/4 on the pilot screw[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] It could probably use a little more tweaking, but I'll wait until we ride Saturday to do that[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] Actually got it to kick over on one kick[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Thanks to everyone for all your help[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img] Especially MWQ, without your replies, I would of pulled my hair out[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] You helped me keep my sanity, EVEN, if it was for a short time[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Thanks Again Guys, You ROCK[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]
LMAO Holy crap. so your jetted at 1/16th pilot now. hmm [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img] thats a size i never heard of. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] although i Did make my own main jet one time. the deal is generally with hard to start bikes the pilot is lean. In my experience. Bike will always start easy on a rich pilot. there ya go thats my two cents. I suggest packin a spare plug just incase [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 03-25-2005, 01:25 PM
Monkey Rider
Afro-Engineer

Originally posted by: mstrquad

how did your raptor act when you nail the gas with 22.5 in it???????? tell me the rest of the setting so i have a starting place mine seams rich
Honestly? i dunno i never ran with a 22.5. i was like im takin these out I hope i get it the first time. I have a few buddies with raptors and they said It will start allot easier if you up the pilots. I have 170 - 175 mains with the needles stock. full yoshimira titatanium tri oval exhaust. when i stabe the throttle it just flips over backwards [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img] [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] Im literally at sea level. and i ride between sealevel and about 2500' have no issues with my jettin my plugs always look great. oh i have a proflow kit w/ k&n too. open airbox and so forth.

Old 03-25-2005, 01:32 PM
Monkey Rider
Afro-Engineer

you kknow the only thing that i really notice this forum software missing... ok 2 things.

1. When you do a search , i wish it could tak you to the page of the thread that the issue your searching for is on. For instance im sure there are tons of threads like this one where what we just discussed is completely off topic with the jetting and stuff. but it could help someone who is searching for it and they would never find it in here. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img] but i guess thats life and thats what makes them have to aske the question and keeps the forums on going. the age old perpetual "THIS DAM THING WONT IDLE" question [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

2. On the "today's" new topics page i wish there was the lil >> button to goto the end of the thread instead of clicking the begining. Since When i come in i goto todays new topics and read down the list [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] make my life easier to get to the heat of the current battles ya know [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 03-25-2005, 02:34 PM
Range Rover

Originally posted by: OneFlyCowboy
Originally posted by: mstrquad

Honestly? i dunno i never ran with a 22.5. i was like im takin these out I hope i get it the first time. I have a few buddies with raptors and they said It will start allot easier if you up the pilots. I have 170 - 175 mains with the needles stock. full yoshimira titatanium tri oval exhaust. when i stabe the throttle it just flips over backwards [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img] [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] Im literally at sea level. and i ride between sealevel and about 2500' have no issues with my jettin my plugs always look great. oh i have a proflow kit w/ k&n too. open airbox and so forth.
maybe my clips in the wrong stop where is stock on the clips and where is your air ajustment set.

Quick Reply: Ford Crew cabs w/7.3 Diesel