Trucks and Towing, All Makes and Models. Discussion on all makes and models of trucks and towing.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Time For A New Truck...Suggestions Anyone

Search this Thread

Old 02-01-2009, 01:54 PM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Time For A New Truck...Suggestions Anyone

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: DODGE57HEMI

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: JeffinTD

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>buy a ford, chevy, or dodge and help out america man </end quote></div>

If I'm not mistaken, my Dodge was made in Mexico...

Seems like Toyota and other "import" brands are more likely to be built in America than the so called American brands.

Anyway, if it wasn't for the big toyhauler I wouldn't need a heavy truck, and if it wasn't for the Cummins I wouldn't have went Dodge.

In a 1/2 ton I'd probably look hard at Toyota, and Ford (previous Ford guy). As much as I like the American brand trucks, the GF took a Toyota out for a test drive and I'd have to say they have better fit and finish, suspension, and generally seem more refined.</end quote></div>

Actualy your truck is only assembled in Mexico and IMO, and what i have seen first hand do a better job at that than the Americans. <u>The Tundra is one H of a truck but to consider it a 1/2 ton it is not I dont care what the nameplate says</u>. If you are going to speend that much money on a truck might as well go with a true 2500 that will out pull,out haul and if you have diesel and most gas trucks will outmlage any Toy on the road, especially with the deals that they have on todays trucks you can allmost get any American made truck at a 1/3 less the price!

This not a Toyota bash as much as it is me saying you can get more truck for the money spent. If you use you truck as a real worktruck everone should know diesel is the only way to go!

Now the Cummins 1/2 tons cant get here soon enough! [img][/img]</end quote></div>

Yeah, rated for 10,800 lbs of towing capacity, definitely not a 1/2 ton....maybe a 3/4 ton!

Old 02-02-2009, 08:28 PM
Moto Psycho
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Congrats on the new truck BEER SEASON. And thanks for buying American. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 02-03-2009, 08:32 AM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Car and Driver just did a story on Ford, v/s Dodge, v/s Chevy 1/2 ton and gave the nod to Dodges new truck with Ford in second and last the chevy! They said Ford would have won if it had another 50 horses!

Old 02-03-2009, 10:26 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Mopar Man!

I trust the boys at C&D better than the ones at MT![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 02-04-2009, 06:10 PM
Trailblazer

I guess my main reason for starting this post was trying to understand all the hoopla the forien automakers get for a "superior vehicle" and honestly never really quite got it. Not to say they are bad products at all, I just really don't see any gap between the domestic and forien automakers quailty. Just seems to be a matter of personal prefrences as far as I can tell.

Besides I'm really on a roll now anyway for the American Companies. I am putting my Yamaha Wolverine and Can-Am Renegade up for sale to go buy somthing made by Polaris.

Old 02-04-2009, 06:28 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Mopar Man!

IMO Americans still build the best trucks. The Japaniese are coming on quick but are still in catchup mode if you will. Japan still is #1 in car MFGing as they know how to do small parts well. You can take any Japan made car and it is either on par or above any American made car out there esp when it comes to longevity. You can take any two cars one from Japan and one from America can be your pic both with 200.000 miles and I promiss the Japan car will have less isues and less little things wrong with it then the american made car! Yes we american are cathing up in the car race but we are lacking there just as much as the Japs are in the truck race!

We all have our resons why we buy what we do but I prefer to spend my money on the best avail proven product and not just the one that everone else has, just the one that has proven itself time and time again!

Sometimes bigger is not always better and for my needs my Yamahas do just fine!

Old 02-04-2009, 06:36 PM
Range Rover

the new chevy silverado.

Old 03-06-2009, 06:58 PM
Pro Rider

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: crazy4wdracer

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: 450kodman

buy a ford, chevy, or dodge and help out america man [IMG][/IMG]</end quote></div>

Exactly what I was going to say. Its also good to see Dodge coming out with diesel 1/2 tons. 4 cylinders? I think they should start putting little 4cyl diesels in the Colorado/Canyon/Ranger/Dakota too. The Diesel VW Jettas get about 45-50 MPG. America needs to start taxing the imported cars coming in like they do overseas, that will help out the economy!</end quote></div>

first quote - ABSOLOUTLEY!

second - ford (well, technically international/navistar) is also working on a mini powerstroke for the 150. sould be pretty nice.

Old 03-06-2009, 09:36 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Mopar Man!

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: lt230sman

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: crazy4wdracer

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: 450kodman

buy a ford, chevy, or dodge and help out america man [IMG][/IMG]</end quote></div>

Exactly what I was going to say. Its also good to see Dodge coming out with diesel 1/2 tons. 4 cylinders? I think they should start putting little 4cyl diesels in the Colorado/Canyon/Ranger/Dakota too. The Diesel VW Jettas get about 45-50 MPG. America needs to start taxing the imported cars coming in like they do overseas, that will help out the economy!</end quote></div>

first quote - ABSOLOUTLEY!

second - ford (well, technically international/navistar) is also working on a mini powerstroke for the 150. sould be pretty nice.</end quote></div>

Actual No Ford Navistar engine agreement ends next year. The new 4.4 is a Land Rover diesel that will be in the Expeditions and F-150's. The bigger trucks such as the F-250/350 and so on will get the Ford built 6.7 V8 diesel built in house!

Old 03-10-2009, 10:55 AM
Range Rover

I'll never own another Ford truck so long as they keep the 5.4 POS triton. Same thing goes for their plug shooting V-10.

Quick Reply: Time For A New Truck...Suggestions Anyone