Trucks and Towing, All Makes and Models. Discussion on all makes and models of trucks and towing.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Time For A New Truck...Suggestions Anyone

Search this Thread

Old 03-10-2009, 03:20 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Time For A New Truck...Suggestions Anyone

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: -Gary-

I'll never own another Ford truck so long as they keep the 5.4 POS triton. Same thing goes for their plug shooting V-10.</end quote></div>

thats why you get a powerstroke [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/img]

Old 03-10-2009, 03:33 PM
Range Rover

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: lt230sman

thats why you get a powerstroke</end quote></div>

only if it was a 7.3....

Old 03-10-2009, 03:49 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Mopar Man!

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: -Gary-

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: lt230sman

thats why you get a powerstroke</end quote></div>

only if it was a 7.3....</end quote></div>

2nd that!

Old 03-21-2009, 11:33 AM
Trailblazer

Seems like you hold on to a truck for alot of miles. I'm +1 on the Cummins Diesel. I would go with the Dodge Ram 2500 to have more beef. Diesels are know to get over 600,000 miles without issue.

Old 03-26-2009, 09:43 PM
Trailblazer

Had throw my 2 cents in. I have driven ford and chevys for years and like them both. Went to the diesel several years ago and am convinced this works best for me. I pull a 36 ft bumper pull travel trailer now and bought the 3/4 ton dodge cummings. With 16 k mules in one year I couldn't be more pleased, great power and I love the fuel milage. I drive a gas ford at work , an 08 and hate it. Glad I don't pay for the gas on this one.
It really depends on how you use it, my neghbor has the toyota and the fuel usage is bad from what he says. Anyway good luck

Old 03-27-2009, 09:30 AM
TLC
Extreme Pro Rider
God forbid he lets the polishing secret out!

Toytota = will have a100% chance of being in business before warranty is up..

Nissan Titan = will have a100% chance of being in business before warranty is up.

Ford = will have a 80% chance of being in business before warranty is up.

GM = will have a 50% chance of being in business before warranty is up.

Dodge = will go the way of "American Motors" at any time.

Old 03-27-2009, 09:53 PM
Pro Rider

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: TLC

Toytota = will have a100% chance of being in business before warranty is up..

Nissan Titan = will have a100% chance of being in business before warranty is up.

Ford = will have a 80% chance of being in business before warranty is up.

GM = will have a 50% chance of being in business before warranty is up.

Dodge = will go the way of "American Motors" at any time.</end quote></div>

The warranty will be held by a warranty company, so theres no risk that way for buying any american vehicle.

Old 03-27-2009, 10:29 PM
Pro Rider

I recently took a trip with three trucks, my 06 Dodge Megacab 2500 4x4 5.7 HEMI, 07 Toyota Tundra CrewMaxx 5.7 4x4, Nissan Titan 5.6 crew cab 4x4. This was a 430 mile round trip travel caravan all cabs had 4 adults. Gas mileage for the trip was 16.4 for the Ram(me), 14.8 for the Titan(BIL), 13.9 for the Tundra (BF). I was the lead truck so the others were in my draft. All the trucks have similar milelage ram 52000, titan 59000, tundra 48000 so should be in equal engine stages. The reason the imports have the percieved "superiority", is that all the people that had old American makes traded them in for new imports. Think of it this way, if you had two of the same make truck two different generations from the same era in each of their respective generations, the newer one is always better. Very seldom do you like your old one better. If you really want to compare makes you need the same year, at the same time, using them the same, and the two being like equipped. Otherwise, you like the one that has more features. It's not a fair to compare your 1980 FORD CHEVY orDODGE to a 2000 toy, or nissan. Some Dodge's are assembled in Mexico and so are Ford and Chevy, but their parts are MADE HERE. Toyotas are ASSEMBLED HERE and their parts are MADE ELSEWHERE. Congratulations on the new rig.

Old 03-27-2009, 10:52 PM
Pro Rider

Toyota lost money last year too. They shut down six overseas factories quietly so that their image here would be "strong" over here. On the Ten Most Reliable Toyota did not make the list other than their lexus brand at #3. As far as Nissan goes, they were looking to have Dodge build their next gen Titan, that was before the Fiat deal.

That Land Rover diesel is actually Ford europes diesel, it is the reason for Navistar Ford break up. The contract Ends 12-31-09 for any under 550 truck but will continue above that. Navistar actually builds the 650 and 750's for Ford. Ford sold Land Rover to free up cash, so the diesel will be short lived for LR. Ford will be coming with their own diesel for the 150 250 350 450.

Dodge gets two baby Cummins for their 1/2 tons a v6 and a v8. The v8 290 HP and 450 lb ft. The v6 220 HP and 375 lb ft. The 6.7 in the heavy duties in 350 HP and 625 lb ft until they decide to crank it up.

Old 03-28-2009, 09:13 AM
Pro Rider

I have 175,000 miles on my F150 and have given it a beating since it was new and have spent very little on it. If you got over 300K on your last 150 I can't believe you would even consider anything else. In my experience you can't beat a Ford truck for durability. I have done some research on the new 150 and you can get more truck for your money if you order it as opposed to picking one off the lot. The Lariat with the additions that you want is cheaper than a King Ranch that may have things you don't want. After looking on several lots and then looking online to spec one out, it will save you money. Just remember that even if you buy one at invoice price, the dealer is still making their 3% holdback. That 3% holdback is 3% of the total MSRP. So a $30,000.00 MSRP means that the dealer will make $900 even if they sell it to you at invoice, which will be in the 23-24K range. The markup is ridiculous on all trucks.

Quick Reply: Time For A New Truck...Suggestions Anyone