Trucks and Towing, All Makes and Models. Discussion on all makes and models of trucks and towing.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

My Truck. How bout yours?

Search this Thread

Old 06-08-2016, 07:41 AM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Dazeys
And a pic of my car.
Now thats nice.......... Wish I had kept it but had a orange 55 with custom rolls interior , years ago. Back in the early 80s.

You'll like bad Butt trucks, GFs brother is pro on truck and tractor pulling circuit. UPOC.com

If you guys follow it, his truck is ONE MORE TIME> Himi about 1400hp.

GF and her family are very close, lot of land, they are bit into hunting so i'm learning how to enjoy dirt.

I'm the asphalt cowboy like something a little more faster but we're a bunch of gear heads anyway.

Name:  8991b5ef-0ad6-4179-8664-137294847381_zps60340616.jpg
Views: 74
Size:  144.5 KB

Old 06-08-2016, 07:45 AM
Pro Rider
Is old enough to know better, but too young to stop.

HAH! Dee Dog. Another low mileage truck. I am sneaking up on 64,000. My son is borrowing mine this weekend, I am sure he will cross that line by the time I get it back. The nice thing is knowing it is paid for. I don't believe I am going to need another one. Not in this life anyway. Although I DO kick myself for not buying the dually. I had one picked out, but it wasn't the color I wanted, and it had some body damage on it that it would have had to go for body work, and I really didn't like the thought of buying a brand new vehicle and having to crack the finish paint. That always causes premature paint failure. I called my brother in law and he convinced me that considering the maintenance costs of a dually versus a single rear wheel, and the fact that I'd be driving on ice and snow, EVEN with 4 wheel drive, the single wheel would be the way to go. Unless of course I was going to pull a 5th wheel. Which at the time, my trailer was NOT a 5th wheel. Well, now that I am older and WISER, I won't listen to him again. I'd like to upgrade my raptor toyhauler to something BIGGER and the current truck is not equipped to pull 20,000 lbs. And the price tag is really taking the wind out of my sails. One problem I have around here at least is they don't option the vehicles on the lot for pulling heavy loads. At least not the top of the line models. Damn it, if I am spending 75K for a new truck, I want it properly equipped for HEAVY towing, with leather bucket seats and all the bells and whistles this time around. Oh yeah, they will order me one. Then wait 5 months. They will give me 30K for mine, but I just can't pull that trigger, because I know I'd be wanting that 40 ft 5th wheel toyhauler then. My 22 footer is just fine for me and Mrs DB. But you never know. I just may get froggy. Besides if I upgrade the ATV's, then I am going to force myself to jump. Maybe I'll be better off with a longer open trailer and keeping my current truck that is quite capable of pulling that.... I figure I can rent a whole lot of hotels and cabins for what that new toyhauler would cost me. And the cost to park your camper these days is almost the same as a hotel room.

Old 06-08-2016, 07:49 AM
Pro Rider

Nice car Little river... You running Comp eliminator, Top dragster or Super comp with it? Or just running big money bracket shows? Is that a solid rear or 4 link chassis? Who did the chassis? Kind of looks like a Spitzer...

Old 06-08-2016, 07:54 AM
Trailblazer

Originally Posted by Dragginbutt
Nice car Little river... You running Comp eliminator, Top dragster or Super comp with it? Or just running big money bracket shows?
Just bracket. Hit Richmond in the fall for some of the bigger events, don't go any further south than Benson at GALOT, Jacksonville, out to Richmond and our local track which is 11 miles from my house. I'm not pro like Girlfriends brother. Just a fun toy to me. I do enjoy customizing things out and put a lot of work into the trailer so when they have shows I usually win or places up near the top on that. Its all just fun to me. Bass boat , pontoon and the rail.
Which ever one gets the thumbs up on the weekend is what i'm playing on.
Cost to much to be top dog or try and run in T/D now and the travel takes a lot to try and make those events where T/Ds are running for points.

Old 06-08-2016, 07:59 AM
Pro Rider

I hear that. In my much younger days, my brother in law and I ran a front motor dragster about the time everyone was switching to RE cars. Kind of scary. When Garlits cut his car in half and lost half his foot with a clutch explosion, we sold it. He stopped racing, and I moved on to dirt tracks and motorcycles.

Old 06-08-2016, 12:27 PM
Trailblazer

I hear that. In my much younger days, my brother in law and I ran a front motor dragster about the time everyone was switching to RE cars. Kind of scary. When Garlits cut his car in half and lost half his foot with a clutch explosion, we sold it. He stopped racing, and I moved on to dirt tracks and motorcycles.
Started out dirt racing in Myrtle Beach. Learned quick , leaders can bump you, you can't bump them. To much politics for me.

You cross that center line I don't have to worry now whos out the program.

Trucks cost out the yang now. I'll hold onto that 2000 dodge till it dies.

Old 06-09-2016, 02:50 PM
Elite Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

HAH! Dee Dog. Another low mileage truck.

I have about 70K on it now - not bad for a 1999.... I probable won't put 1000k on it this year as I spend 11 months a year over seas - right now mostly in Iraq....

Old 06-09-2016, 08:05 PM
Pro Rider

Thanks for your service. I did my time in the bucket. Was in Saudi for the first big go. Understand fully. 20 was enough for me. haven't looked back since. Just went over 20 years with the State Dept too.

Old 08-31-2016, 06:34 PM
Elite Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thanks for your service. I did my time in the bucket. Was in Saudi for the first big go. Understand fully. 20 was enough for me. haven't looked back since. Just went over 20 years with the State Dept too.

I did 26 active in the USMC, and now have more than 5 years overseas as a contractor.

Old 08-31-2016, 06:51 PM
Pro Rider

Here's my 2005 Ram. Quad Cab 4x4 hemi, 3:92 gears,JBA headers, cut outs, custom dyno tune with shifts at 6350 rpms, 3,000 rpm stall converter, Inertia Spartan + cam, Vararam and 245,000 miles. 14.2/95 mph at NEDW. Here's a picture of me getting beat by a 392 stroker Dodge Magnum, barely.

Attached Thumbnails My Truck.  How bout yours?-my-ram-nedw-1.jpg   My Truck.  How bout yours?-p1010165.jpg  

Quick Reply: My Truck. How bout yours?