Trucks and Towing, All Makes and Models. Discussion on all makes and models of trucks and towing.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

My Truck. How bout yours?

Search this Thread

Old 08-31-2016, 07:16 PM
Pro Rider
Is old enough to know better, but too young to stop.
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

MY 06 2500 w/Cummins diesel https://atvconnection.com/forums/att...1&d=1472688954

Attached Thumbnails My Truck.  How bout yours?-dodge-truck.jpg  
Old 08-31-2016, 08:18 PM
Elite Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Dragginbutt

DB - with all your new toys you need a new truck to tow them!!!

Old 09-01-2016, 04:36 PM
Pro Rider

No way. It's paid for, and only has 64,ooo miles on the odometer. I am certain it will outlast me. My older son just bought a new one (Dodge 3500, Cummins. I have to tell you, my 5.9 old school turbo will pull circles around his 6.7, and I don't have to use that urea fluid to pass emissions. the 5.9 has very little smog crap on it, and is the motor of choice. I would like the aisan transmission though, and the compression brake, but I will get one of those from Gale Banks some day. Just put on one of their 4 inch exhaust kits. So I am almost there.

Old 09-01-2016, 04:41 PM
Pro Rider

You know, with this thing, the heavier you pull, the more it likes it. I can pull my 10000 lb trailer and it just purrs. It is truly a beast. I traded an 03 with the hemi and that thing was a gutless wonder compared to this one. I love diesel trucks.

Old 09-01-2016, 06:37 PM
Elite Pro Rider

You know, with this thing, the heavier you pull, the more it likes it. I can pull my 10000 lb trailer and it just purrs. It is truly a beast. I traded an 03 with the hemi and that thing was a gutless wonder compared to this one. I love diesel trucks.

I did look at Ford's website for trucks. The F350 diesel all decked out came to about $10,000 more than we paid for our first house - a 3 bedroom, 2 bath, 2 car garage brick house on a large lot in a good neighborhood just outside of Houston.

Old 09-01-2016, 10:15 PM
Pro Rider

I think your right about the 5.9 vs 6.7. My brother just bought a Ford with the new 6.7 Powerstroke, had nothing but problems, on his second dealer. Lots of headache with the Blue Def injection, tells him he's out, but it's full. Thank the government.

Old 09-02-2016, 02:25 PM
Pro Rider

I hear that. Dee. I used to be a Ford guy, and still do drive a Mustang GT. But the diesel powerstroke is junk in capital letters. They run some kind of cooling unit through the block that eventually corrodes, leaks and there goes your bearings. Nice to look at and ride in, but the motor is JUNK. Why they continue to build that engine when Catepillar is pleading to let them put cats in their trucks is beyond me. Put a Cat in there, and I am all over it. I knew going in that the 06, and some early 07's with the 5.9 was the way I wanted to go. The bigger motor is just not the same.

Old 09-03-2016, 09:08 PM
Elite Pro Rider

I hear that. Dee. I used to be a Ford guy, and still do drive a Mustang GT. But the diesel powerstroke is junk in capital letters. They run some kind of cooling unit through the block that eventually corrodes, leaks and there goes your bearings. Nice to look at and ride in, but the motor is JUNK. Why they continue to build that engine when Catepillar is pleading to let them put cats in their trucks is beyond me. Put a Cat in there, and I am all over it. I knew going in that the 06, and some early 07's with the 5.9 was the way I wanted to go. The bigger motor is just not the same.

I don't have a diesel so I can't argue from personal experience, but I know guys that have Ford diesels that swear by them and won't buy anything else....

Old 09-03-2016, 10:07 PM
Pro Rider

Well they are probably trading trucks every two or three years then. Eventually they all have the same issue. It has gotten so bad, that I know guys who have businesses that only work on rebuilding the powerstroke motors. And one guy who is kept busy swapping Cummins diesels into the fords. The truck is by far one of the nicest on the road. I just wish the longevity of engines was equal to the rest of the truck. If they were, I'd consider having one. But as it stands right now, I am keeping my 5.9 Commins because it is the only one that lives. The 6.7 Cummins isn't having issues, but it is down on power comparatively.

Old 09-09-2016, 06:46 PM
Elite Pro Rider

Well they are probably trading trucks every two or three years then. Eventually they all have the same issue. It has gotten so bad, that I know guys who have businesses that only work on rebuilding the powerstroke motors. And one guy who is kept busy swapping Cummins diesels into the fords. The truck is by far one of the nicest on the road. I just wish the longevity of engines was equal to the rest of the truck. If they were, I'd consider having one. But as it stands right now, I am keeping my 5.9 Commins because it is the only one that lives. The 6.7 Cummins isn't having issues, but it is down on power comparatively.

Nope; all the guys I know have had them for years. Most wouldn't trade them for anything.

Quick Reply: My Truck. How bout yours?