Trucks and Towing, All Makes and Models. Discussion on all makes and models of trucks and towing.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

My Truck. How bout yours?

Search this Thread

Old 06-30-2017, 01:26 PM
Super Moderator
Well, golly JimBob!
Received 54 Likes on 54 Posts

I'm hoping to get a new Titan in a couple years. Nothing really wrong with the one I have just getting up there in mileage. Thinking about the diesel if I can afford it.

Old 06-30-2017, 02:16 PM
Moto Psycho
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I got my A/C fixed at the dealer. The serpentine belt is still good but there's another belt for the A/C, for the compressor I guess, and it was gone. The tensioner seized up and caused the belt to break. I didn't even know it when it broke and it's really hard to see from under the hood so I didn't have a clue.

Old 06-30-2017, 02:40 PM
Polaris ATV Expert
Retired and loving it!
Received 33 Likes on 33 Posts

Originally Posted by jumbofrank
I got my A/C fixed at the dealer. The serpentine belt is still good but there's another belt for the A/C, for the compressor I guess, and it was gone. The tensioner seized up and caused the belt to break.
That's the same belt I cussed a couple years back that I had to finally replace when it broke. A lot of plates to remove plus the serpentine belt had to be removed to get the new one on..Right on the bottom of the engine.

Old 06-30-2017, 05:33 PM
Moto Psycho
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by old polaris tech
That's the same belt I cussed a couple years back that I had to finally replace when it broke. A lot of plates to remove plus the serpentine belt had to be removed to get the new one on..Right on the bottom of the engine.
I remember seeing it on the bottom a long time ago but when I looked from above I couldn't even see it. My old truck had more room between the radiator shroud and the engine and it was easier to see what's going on in there. The serpentine belt was really easy to change on the old one too.

Old 07-01-2017, 07:25 AM
Extreme Pro Rider
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by MooseHenden
I'm hoping to get a new Titan in a couple years. Nothing really wrong with the one I have just getting up there in mileage. Thinking about the diesel if I can afford it.
If I were to buy a new truck, I'd probably get a Tundra or F150. My sister and her fiance just bought a like new 2015 F150 ext cab 2wd with the 2.7 ecoboost in it earlier this year. It only had 3000 miles on it when they bought it back in February, right before my birthday. I've rode in it a couple times and I'm impressed by the room in the backseat for just an ext cab and the power of the smaller ecoboost. And they say it gets 23-24 mpg as well. Its definitely got more pep than my older Silverado had with the 5.3 V8 that got 13mpg. My 2004 Chevy Colorado Z71 ext cab 4x4 with the inline 5 I have now gets around 20 mpg or so, depending on how much towing is on that tank. I think some do get better fuel economy but mine has the 4.10 ratio rearend, the lowest gearing available. If it had different gearing, it probably would get a little better fuel economy but I like the better acceleration with the lower gearing, especially towing. I bought a small used Aluma trailer to haul my Brute Force. The Aluma trailer is all aluminum and very light, around 400lbs, and it tows it very easily. I like how easy it is to move around by hand as well.

Old 07-18-2017, 10:22 PM
Elite Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by WilliamBos
07-13 1500 crew cabs have known roof rust issues, GM's answer is "We wont fix it until it rusts through". Myself and many others expired the warranty via mileage, which seems to be what GM hopes for. Compared to my Oshawa built 04, this is a low quality POS.

No reason for my truck to have multiple rust spots on the roof, its a 2011.

The Tundra is the most domestic truck on the road, and no failed fuel saving gimmicks like AFM that GM uses.

No more Domestic 3 for me, Toyota will be replacing this.

I will never buy a Toyota. We had three brand new SUV's here at work and every one of them was a POS. All three had major issues with only about 1000k on them. One had to have an engine replaced, one had to have a tranny replaced, and the other had major electrical issues.

We now have another Toyota SUV and that thing rides rougher than my '99 F150, and steers harder than any vehicle I have ever driven with power steering.

Old 07-19-2017, 07:38 PM
Pro Rider
Is old enough to know better, but too young to stop.
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

MY 06 Ram/Cummins is doing fine. I did have to replace the exhaust and the AC compressor and brakes, but that is about all. Other than normal maintenence. I did the diffs, and the trans and oil in the transfer case, and tires of course, but that is about it. My son just bought a new one ton Cummins with the new bigger motor. I have to say, I really like that exhaust brake on it, but the inside of the truck just doesn't feel as nice as it should for the money. It rides and drives very nice. Of course mine is 11 years old and could stand a new set of shocks, and maybe a tie rod end or two. But it is paid for. And I would end up spending 70K for a replacement. That is a win the lotto or forget it price. I have said all along that this is my last truck. Can't think of any reason to get rid of it. The dealer drools every time I take it in for service work. Made some pretty good offers on it. (Last offer was north of 30K) And I just turned over 66K miles on it. Drove it from VA to WI and back. Handled it just fine. About the only thing that might get me to jump would be a very HD Laredo Dually that can legally tow over 30,000 lbs. I have a need for that... but who knows. (I am looking at a mini excavator that is pushing 20,000 lbs. Trailer is just under 10,000. So it has to be a beast. ) No matter what, I will NEVER drive a Gas powered Truck again.

Old 08-13-2017, 02:14 PM
Trailblazer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I've been driving this for the last year, a 2016 Ram 3500 Cummins

Old 08-14-2017, 12:26 PM
Pro Rider

Jeep3, careful, you might be overloading that 3500, haha! 260,000 miles on my Hemi Ram, best vehicle that I've ever owned! My first Ram too. My diesel is on the trailer! AC 700 SD Diesel

Attached Thumbnails My Truck.  How bout yours?-p1010199.jpg  
Old 08-15-2017, 11:33 AM
Pro Rider
Is old enough to know better, but too young to stop.

Yeah, I have 68,000 miles on my '06 Cummins. I am 62 now. I figure that will be the last truck I ever need to buy.

Quick Reply: My Truck. How bout yours?